Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2013
By: Smudge228 Lombax Warrior 70 posts

starhawk vs uncharted 3, the King of multiplayer TPS is...?

42 replies 369 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

In one corner we have... Starhawk!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9V9MSVCfXQ (gameplay on a vehicless map)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67n7GPcjxU (gameplay on a larger, vehicle based map)

Features:

+Third person shooting mechanics!

+the ability to build structures such as bunkers anywhere on the map, creating a unique RTS style gameplay!

+no loadouts, skill is the only deciding factor!

+a variety of vehicles including a plane which transforms into a robot and stomps on your head.

+IT. STOMPS. ON. YOUR. HEAD.

+large scale, free roam maps!

+co-op mode for up to 4 players!

+7 competitive modes!

+15 core competitive maps, 2 additional flight locked maps! (you can only play them in dogfight or gatekeeper modes)

+a mode which is like football, BUT WITH PLANES!!!

+Proper customization of your character and vehicle paint jobs

+all DLC can be used by all players, you pay only to spawn it to the battlefield for yourself!

-Devs were layed off and now support rests with SSM, who are yet to do anything with the game

In the other corner we have... UNCHARTED 3!!!

I assume you all know how the game plays considering.

Features:

+fantastic graphics!

+continued dev support!

-blindfire, grenade throwback and other such ludicrasies

-minimal co-op support

-loadouts mean high level players have a real advantage over low leveld ones

-unforfilled promises (complete customization anyone?)

-no jetpacks

-no planes that transform into robots and stomp on your head

-THERE. AREN'T. ANY. THERE. TO. STOMP. ON. YOUR. HEAD.

-paid dlc which is impossible to find matches for

AND the winner is.....

OK, in all seriousness, I think alot of you guys overlooked starhawk, which is a real shame. the whole multiplayer is now £15 off of psn and trust me, it's worth it, the tps elements are easy to get into coming from an uncharted background but the build and battle and vehicular combat add something really special you won't find elsewhere. So come check out the starhawk forums, we're real friendly :smileywink: 

Message 1 of 43 (369 Views)
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Re: starhawk vs uncharted 3, the King of multiplayer TPS is...?

Apr 14, 2013
Free uncharted sucks you stop gaining guns just before the m9 and literally everything costs for the FREE to play. Also Uncharted is the only game I've seen which is still region locked
Message 2 of 43 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Apr 14, 2013

highlydangerous9 wrote:
you stop gaining guns just before the m9

A little OT, but I assumed you'd get Spyder's M9 anyway, making the rank limitation's intention to keep you away from the weapon irrelevant.  I guess that's not the case?

Message 3 of 43 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I've had a great deal of fun with both. Starhawk has some really great vehicles, but it isn't free of balancing issues. Where Uncharted has blind fire, Starhawk has snap aim. Also, theres a DLC only vehicle that is used and abused by anyone who can afford it. sure, Someone who's purchased it can provide it for anyone else to use, but that doesn't happen too much. There's no denying that Starhawk was overlooked, but to each his own.
Message 4 of 43 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

Not a good comparison but both games offer a unique experience that can't be found anywhere else.

Also why is SSM responsible for games once a dev team get laid off.

Back on topic Uncharted gets my vote even with it's current flaws, Starhawk is fun but the gameplay isn't for everyone maybe you should compare it to that Transformers game. 

Message 5 of 43 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I don't even know, they just got handed controle after lightbox was laid off. :smileyhappy:
also, starhawk and transformers really aren't too similar, besides the.. y'konw... transformers...
I also enjoy uncharted, but starhawk offers a much more unique TPS experience then uncharted, and overall feels more balanced to me. I understand it's a matter of opinion but really this thread was more to raise awareness then to declare starhawk as king.
Message 6 of 43 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Apr 14, 2013

neither are "king of MP". One has a decently, but not sufficiently large community, but is an unpolished product. The other is the opposite. :smileytongue:

Cutter
Message 7 of 43 (333 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Smudge228 wrote:
I don't even know, they just got handed controle after lightbox was laid off. :smileyhappy:
also, starhawk and transformers really aren't too similar, besides the.. y'konw... transformers...
I also enjoy uncharted, but starhawk offers a much more unique TPS experience then uncharted, and overall feels more balanced to me. I understand it's a matter of opinion but really this thread was more to raise awareness then to declare starhawk as king.

SSM is also responsible for 'PSABR' right after that dev team responsible for it got laid off, plus I think one of their teams were moved to help out Team Ico, just seems weird they become the adoptive parents in situations like these.

I also had fun with Starhawk starting from the Beta but the gameplay isn't the most accessible, I play it occasionally by a friend & it's fun but to say it offers a more unique experience is subjective what makes Starhawk unique can't be found in another console game & what makes UC3 unique can't be had in another console game IMO.

Message 8 of 43 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Starhawk is awesome, but has a pretty steep learning curve. Like Nanashi mentioned, the online community is small...
Message 9 of 43 (328 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13519 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I tried Starhawk. I thought the aiming mechanics were better suited for PC and poorly executed.

The build thing was an annoyance, I'd rather get the hell on with the game rather than end up playing The Sims for a few minutes.

Message 10 of 43 (319 Views)
0 Likes