Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: starhawk vs uncharted 3, the King of multiplayer TPS is...?

Apr 15, 2013

highlydangerous9 wrote:

@IVIaster_ZED bought the game in england tried useing it here(Canada) multiplayer code doesn't work. The only gun I saw anyone use was the m9 it unlocks the level after the free to play stops.

Spyder's character and gear have no rank restrictions, so unless ND locked Spyder's M9 specifically for F2P, you should have access to it.  I just want to know if my assumption is correct.  I'd rather not download 7 GB just to find this one little thing out for myself. :\

Message 21 of 43 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 15, 2013
@shadow Point was to say that Starhawk is better than UC3 (see biased pros vs cons. I mean, I don't give a flying **bleep** about jetpacks.)

Then it backfired and he's saying he wants SSM to notice their community via posting in another community's forums.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 22 of 43 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 15, 2013
nah point was to see if anyone had the game, trying to get more people to look it up. obviously you guys ain't too into it though, maybe if you tried the most recent version, it's very different to how iit was on release. the biased pros and cons were just to try and advertise, sorry if they offended you
Message 23 of 43 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Oh it did. You used the wrong strategy. If you were looking for people who had the game you'd go "Anyone play Starhawk?" Or "Anyone wanna play Starhawk with me?" Not "STARHAWK IS OBVSLY BETTER THAN UC3".
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 43 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Apr 15, 2013

highlydangerous9 wrote:

@Aureilia I don't know what you mean with the aiming mecanics, and the building thing doesn't take that long to get into.

The game is fast paced for the most part, the only time most people can aim successfully is while on foot. The rest of it felt really awkward to me.

I don't like building stuff during a shooter, I'd rather be.. Shooting

Back when I tried the beta I was doing quite well, I don't believe I actually lost a game on it, but I didn't enjoy it either, It felt like I was fighting the game to aim rather than actually playing a game.

Message 25 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 15, 2013
? advertising to people who have the game is completely useless? Again sorry if I offended anyone with the comparisons, turns out sarcasm is harder to type then I thought it was Smiley Wink a known strategy for advertising is to compare to something people have and enjoy, in this case uncharted 3, then to show off what starhawk has which uncharted doesn't, in this case done by showing what some would consider pros of starhawk coupled with the corresponding 'cons' of uncharted (for instance no loadouts - loadouts) with the desired effect of getting interested in trying out the thing you are trying to advertise, ASDA use a similar strategy.
basically the player base is dwindling on starhawk and we need more poeple to come try it out, there are community nights on wednesday, maybe some of you could stop by? the game has undergone patches scince release which fixed alot of the issues that seem to have put you all off.
Message 26 of 43 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I refuse to support games with ridiculous online trophies. I already had the platinum in UC2 and UC3 before they added the DLC trophies, but if I had known what would follow then I wouldn't have bought the games at all. Starhawk has a couple of stupid online trophies like getting 100 wins in each mode (very creative and not completely pointless sigh) and Warhawk took insanely long to platinum for those that did it. I really wish game developers would figure out that having tedious trophies only hurt the sales of their games.

Message 27 of 43 (202 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 15, 2013
who cares about trophies lol..
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Well. I know that I prefer starhawk over uncharted 3 mp everyday.. an uniqe experience u don't see that often. And the game is so cheap nowadays. so why don't some of u atleast give it a try?
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 15, 2013

@Zidane_Finito Smiley Frustratedaints row 3, Gears 3(Xbox I know), SOCOM, Warhawk, ghost recon, Red faction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_third-person_shooters

@IVIaster_ZED Spyder doesn't exist in free to play unless I have to buy it from the PS store rather than in game I haven't tried that and won't $70.06 is enough for a game I bearly play.

@Aureilia The jeep doesn't have the best aiming but I think thats to stop it being too powerful and I like the other vechicles aiming.

Also the point of this post is so that SSM will Know we want another update and it is obvious that no one who can make it happen in on our forums so maybe this is where they hide.

Message 30 of 43 (158 Views)
0 Likes