Last Guardian
11242 posts

Re: the g-mal > M9

Jun 21, 2013
Depends on the map. But yes, i agree with that.

Message 11 of 22 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Gmal is so broken with untraceable...

On topic though. Gmal being better is really up for debate. I've recently done a few 1v1s gmal vs m9 and what I've learned is that there's a fair amount of distant a gmal user has to keep to win a gun fight against an m9 user. It honestly comes down to two factors in deathmatch. 1. Whoever gets the first few shots in & 2. Whoever is a better tactical player when it comes to approach. I assure you any m9 user that's an expert when it comes to approaching will own any gmal user.

Edit: I'll agree it is superior in deathmatch where you have teammates to back you up, but try free for all against skilled players where your constantly moving & getting jumped and get back to me.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 22 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I honestly just dislike the mods on most character guns. I mean who really wants their kills stolen while using Elena and who really loves that long reload with Flynn's as well as that sticky accuracy+ on Flynn's. I honestly wish that they had given us more guns with reload on it, whatever gun you have reload on, get rid of it and you'll find it very hard at times to keep up.

Either way, Roman's G-MAL looks smexy and it does an even greater job than the other G-MAL's IMO.

Bang Bang!

Message 13 of 22 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 21, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:

Gmal is so broken with untraceable...

On topic though. Gmal being better is really up for debate. I've recently done a few 1v1s gmal vs m9 and what I've learned is that there's a fair amount of distant a gmal user has to keep to win a gun fight against an m9 user. It honestly comes down to two factors in deathmatch. 1. Whoever gets the first few shots in & 2. Whoever is a better tactical player when it comes to approach. I assure you any m9 user that's an expert when it comes to approaching will own any gmal user.

Edit: I'll agree it is superior in deathmatch where you have teammates to back you up, but try free for all against skilled players where your constantly moving & getting jumped and get back to me.

I've won a lot of my FFA's with G-MAL. Graveyard and Highrise are perfect maps to use it and if you kill your enemy quickly and keep moving you won't get jumped as easy. Also, if you always check behind you ever now and again and check if there's anyone tailing you, you can take them out and continue on your way. I will admit however that it's annoying seeing people running around with assault rifles and KAL's during maps like Museum. It's like come on, it's FFA. Doesn't mean you have to lose all dignity by using the M9 on long range maps.

Bang Bang!

Message 14 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I'm not so sure that a skilled m9 user will beat a skilled GMAL user most times. A Scoped In gold and GMAL together in the right hands is very powerful. Only a two burst kill. And with zero pain wobble and good aim, you can nail those two bursts dead on very quick.

I absolutely love killing guys who use m9 (especially RoF) with GMAL. It seems to really upset people when they get killed by the GMAL. It's like they assume everyone who uses it is a noob that doesn't know any better lol.

Even better, is using it to take care of those pesky KAL users. Idk what's worse, the KAL or revenge. I don't mind it when a noob uses one of them, but there's no excuse for a somewhat experienced player. I will switch my loadout to GMAL if I'm not already using it if I run into a KAL user and dedicate the rest of the match to picking them off from a distance.
Message 15 of 22 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2348 posts

Jun 21, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
 a skilled m9 user 

Message 16 of 22 (188 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 21, 2013
^lol. I know a couple that I play with that use that gun and completely own with it. To the point of me watching cinemas from their POV to help myself learn.
Message 17 of 22 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6393 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Too bad the most skill you need for an M9 is:

Equip M9

Use it

You can do everything with it now!

photo Sniper.png
Message 18 of 22 (179 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Speaking of other guns in comparison to the m9 (since this thread is kinda about that to an extent), I also REALLY want to master the FAL. I heard it has a high learning curve to it tho. I still need to unlock a couple of them to play with tho.

I used WE for a short time when I first started playing. But there's so many better 1st slot boosters. I'll probably get more assists than kills at first, but I would enjoy getting kills with the FAL.
Message 19 of 22 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jun 21, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Speaking of other guns in comparison to the m9 (since this thread is kinda about that to an extent), I also REALLY want to master the FAL. I heard it has a high learning curve to it tho. I still need to unlock a couple of them to play with tho.

I used WE for a short time when I first started playing. But there's so many better 1st slot boosters. I'll probably get more assists than kills at first, but I would enjoy getting kills with the FAL.

You don't need to use an unlockable Fal, just put on the reload speed or clip size mod to the one you unlock at level 50.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 20 of 22 (171 Views)
0 Likes