Sep 26 2012
By: capn_plasm Splicer 42 posts
Accepted Solution

tournament ticket question

12 replies 169 views Edited Sep 26, 2012
...just picked up UC3 yesterday, finished the campaign this morning. GREAT GAME. I have a question about tournament tickets. How do they work? is it... -everyone gets 10 free tickets. You can buy extra, but only the top ten games or average of top ten scores is recorded. -everyone gets 10 free tickets. You can buy extra, and the score is cumulative. ie: more tickets = higher score.
Message 1 of 13 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Re: tournament ticket question

Sep 26, 2012
Message 2 of 13 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Sep 26, 2012

drakestefani wrote:
You can read all about it here: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/patch_113_notes_the_full_rundown/

Yes, Although its more for the experienced players. The tournament system wants you to get about 15 kills or more and 5 deaths or less in a game and win it. And I think thats pretty hard if your new to the game. But it never hurts to try since you get 10 tickets each week.

Message 3 of 13 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 26, 2012
i've read this stuff, it doesn't answer the question. All i want to know is if someone can theoretically buy themselves into the top tier. If so, i'm not interested. If it's an average...i'm on board. Either way, i am enjoying the game.
Message 4 of 13 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

drakestefani wrote:
You can read all about it here: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/patch_113_notes_the_full_rundown/

Yes, Although its more for the experienced players. The tournament system wants you to get about 15 kills or more and 5 deaths or less in a game and win it. And I think thats pretty hard if your new to the game. But it never hurts to try since you get 10 tickets each week.

i figure if you get 10 free tickets every week why not use them.

Message 5 of 13 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Sep 26, 2012

capn_plasm wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

drakestefani wrote:

Thats basically what I said...

But I can explain it to you if you can't find your answer there:

You can use tickets in Team Deathmatch, Hardcore and Three Team Deathmatch. You can activate and deactivate a ticket until the teams are made. If you can see the teams its too late to use one and to cancel one. You earn points for doing good. 1000 points standard and earn more points for kills and assists. When you die you lose some points. Each party member decreases the amount of points you earn. Playing alone will earn you a lot of points, Its decreased with 20% for every member so its the best to play alone. When you lose the match you LOSE ALL YOUR POINTS. I know that is stupid since you can't guarantee a win if you can't party up. It takes 18,500 points to reach gold tier and you get 10 tickets each week. At the end of the week you lose your points and get 10 new ticket's + the prizes you earned for reaching a tier. If you reach gold you also get the rewards for Bronze and Silver. You can use your rewards until the end of the week, Unless you reached the tier they require again. The Djinn skin is for the people that reached gold tier 6 times. Unlike the other rewards you can keep him forever. When you disconnect/leave in the map selection screen you keep your ticket. If you leave/disconnect in the game you lose your tickets and don't earn any points for it.

I hope that helps Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13 (142 Views)
Sackboy
544 posts

Sep 26, 2012

For even more information about the tournament system just click at the link to the IGN article which is in the article someone mentioned in this thread.

Message 7 of 13 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

capn_plasm wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

drakestefani wrote:

You can use tickets in Team Deathmatch, Hardcore and Three Team Deathmatch. You can activate and deactivate a ticket until the teams are made. If you can see the teams its too late to use one and to cancel one. You earn points for doing good. 1000 points standard and earn more points for kills and assists. When you die you lose some points. Each party member decreases the amount of points you earn. Playing alone will earn you a lot of points, Its decreased with 20% for every member so its the best to play alone. When you lose the match you LOSE ALL YOUR POINTS. I know that is stupid since you can't guarantee a win if you can't party up. It takes 18,500 points to reach gold tier and you get 10 tickets each week. At the end of the week you lose your points and get 10 new ticket's + the prizes you earned for reaching a tier. If you reach gold you also get the rewards for Bronze and Silver. You can use your rewards until the end of the week, Unless you reached the tier they require again. The Djinn skin is for the people that reached gold tier 6 times. Unlike the other rewards you can keep him forever. When you disconnect/leave in the map selection screen you keep your ticket. If you leave/disconnect in the game you lose your tickets and don't earn any points for it.

helps alot thanks...

missed that you lose rewards every week...makes more sense.  I take issue w/ these micro transactions, and i'm having trouble wrapping my head around why people would buy these things.

Message 8 of 13 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Sep 26, 2012

capn_plasm wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

capn_plasm wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

drakestefani wrote:

helps alot thanks...

missed that you lose rewards every week...makes more sense.  I take issue w/ these micro transactions, and i'm having trouble wrapping my head around why people would buy these things.

I would never buy them either. Its pointless, What I liked about the tournament system is that it takes skill instead of playing a lot. With the option to buy tickets that is gone.

Message 9 of 13 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 26, 2012
Also: as long as you get 10 more kills than deaths, are playing alone, and win every tourney match you will get gold Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 10 of 13 (110 Views)
0 Likes