Sep 29 2013
By: dark18assassin92 I Only Post Everything 928 posts

tournement-worth it or not?

54 replies 409 views Edited Sep 29, 2013
Is it really worth bothering with it or should it be left alone? You guys decide Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 55 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: tournement-worth it or not?

Sep 29, 2013
Well, it's a money scam, but it's not like it's forced.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 55 (405 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 29, 2013
I haven't ever used a ticket, but from what I've heard, if you can reach the top tier with 8-9 tickets, then it's worth it. But I've heard it's not worth the stress of having to go thru all 10 tickets painstakingly trying to gather points.
Message 3 of 55 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 29, 2013
You'd have to be praying really hard to get a lucky, lag-free, one-man-army winning match 10 times while remembering to turn on the ticket.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 55 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I haven't ever used a ticket, but from what I've heard, if you can reach the top tier with 8-9 tickets, then it's worth it. But I've heard it's not worth the stress of having to go thru all 10 tickets painstakingly trying to gather points.

ya it's really hard and stressful to make platinum without extra tickets (basically have to do well on all 10 games (and not experience lag, DC or any other similiar problems, which happens a lot in this game so it's really risky)) ... i bought extra tickets because i really wanted the Djinn and all the head items, but for the amount of money you have to put into it it's really not worth it ... if you are going to just to it for the temporary rewards, then don't even touch it (IMO) no use putting effort into something if they are just going to take it away from you the following week ...

if you really want the Djinn and the head items like i did and you're willing to put some money and at least 8 weeks of your time into, then go for it ... personally i like that not many people have the skin and far less still have the head items, that's why i use it (i don't really care that it sticks out) ... also some people get scared when they see someone using  the Djinn, so there's that too Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 55 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Sep 30, 2013

I'd use tickets everyone and a while if I got to keep the rewards. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 55 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Sep 30, 2013

I'll try to keep this short.

I got back to uncharted after leaving, and was so into the tournament. However, I was pretty bad at the game and could only get Bronze, or nothing. Now that I'm good again, I decided to go for Djinn. All was good, had lots of time to do it, however, when school started, bam, I had less than 1 day to get gold/platinum. This made me beyond stressful. I would be agrivated constantly, rushing to find time in order to fit tickets in. Got  3 platinums in a row, however, last week I had terrible luck. The game kicked me from 3 ticket uses, and the rest were second accounts disguised as noobs. 

Then I thought about it. Do I really want Djinn? Will I use it over my paid purchases? Won't everybody see me anywhere I go?
So I gave up. Half way through, but whatever. It's not worth it. Djinn just wanrs everyone you're a tryhard and you should be avoided. or, for the more experienced, it's a signal to all only go for the Djinn. 

No. It is not worth it, unless you have all the time, and skill in the world to pick the perfect matches for tickets, risking breaking controllers if you don't win. 

For example, I had 3 max legacy level 75's on my team. Other team had all level 15's and under. I went 37-2, and my team got 4 kills altogether. 

Also, if you actually buy tickets, that's kinda sad. imo. so you'll start seeing djinns who actually buy them, and rage message you telling you that you suck for using a G-MAL

yup. 

tl;dr don't, just enjoy the game

Message 7 of 55 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Sep 30, 2013

Jonanaman wrote:

I got back to uncharted after leaving, and was so into the tournament. However, I was pretty bad at the game and could only get Bronze, or nothing. Now that I'm good again, I decided to go for Djinn. All was good, had lots of time to do it, however, when school started, bam, I had less than 1 day to get gold/platinum. This made me beyond stressful. I would be agrivated constantly, rushing to find time in order to fit tickets in. Got  3 platinums in a row, however, last week I had terrible luck. The game kicked me from 3 ticket uses, and the rest were second accounts disguised as noobs. 

Then I thought about it. Do I really want Djinn? Will I use it over my paid purchases? Won't everybody see me anywhere I go?
So I gave up. Half way through, but whatever. It's not worth it. Djinn just wanrs everyone you're a tryhard and you should be avoided. or, for the more experienced, it's a signal to all only go for the Djinn. 

No. It is not worth it, unless you have all the time, and skill in the world to pick the perfect matches for tickets, risking breaking controllers if you don't win. 

For example, I had 3 max legacy level 75's on my team. Other team had all level 15's and under. I went 37-2, and my team got 4 kills altogether. 

Also, if you actually buy tickets, that's kinda sad. imo. so you'll start seeing djinns who actually buy them, and rage message you telling you that you suck for using a G-MAL

yup. 

but i'm not a tryhard Smiley Sad ... i'm sure if you were a tryhard you wouldn't use it since it stands out too much

i use the Djinn and i only use the g-mal (and i got the djinn and the head items only using a g-mal, exception to your theory?) ... i would say that you suck if you use an m9 Smiley Wink but i don't send messages to anyone 

Message 8 of 55 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Sep 30, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Jonanaman wrote:

yup. 

but i'm not a tryhard Smiley Sad ... i'm sure if you were a tryhard you wouldn't use it since it stands out too much

i use the Djinn and i only use the g-mal (and i got the djinn and the head items only using a g-mal, exception to your theory?) ... i would say that you suck if you use an m9 Smiley Wink but i don't send messages to anyone 

The first part yes I know, but most people purchase Djinn, run around with the sas and rage.

You did not read correctly. Any time I kick **bleep** with the G-MAL or the AK47, some **bleep** in a Djinn skin messages me telling me I'm a noob. If you can get Djinn using only the G-MAL and not purchasing tickets, kudos to your patience and skill. 

Message 9 of 55 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
12485 posts

Sep 30, 2013

I personally don’t have the time or patience to work (?) for multiplayer skins, items, and weapons that I will never use.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 10 of 55 (359 Views)