Wastelander
907 posts

Re: tournement-worth it or not?

Sep 30, 2013
I got to bronze few months ago and after i found out i lost stuff the next week i didnt bother again
Message 11 of 55 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 30, 2013

It's honestly not even worth it. Unless you get to Gold or Platinum then you're just going to lose your hard earned items anyway. Besides I don't want the Djinn. You're so easily spotted in the Desert Village sandstorm, when you're hiding in double damage and heaps of other places. The Djinn is more of a cursed character than a lucky one.

Also, I agree with Sweetie. If I think I'm never going to use a certain weapon, I don't try for it. Like, I believe that one day I might want to use Talbot's FAL if/when I take a break from sniping. However, I don't want Eddy's AK because I can't do well with an enhanced scope (which is pretty ironic since I snipe most of the time) and it has Call Out so I can't use it in FraggedNation matches.

Bang Bang!

Message 12 of 55 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 30, 2013
I got all 6 gold tiers for Dijinn plus 8 platinum tiers for me its waste time because I don't play u3 a lot no more
Mains -Parrapa Sir Dan Sackboy
Subs - spike drake toro sweet tooth sly rachet
Message 13 of 55 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 30, 2013
Talbot's talking about tourney guns, I think. Character weapons are fine for me, honestly. They made me stand out in HC mode since all gun mods are force-disabled but gun designs stay.

I mean, Flynn's M9 without the BF stock thing? Amazing.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 14 of 55 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Sep 30, 2013

The whole idea of tournament should be vanquished from the game...

Really bad idea.

The worst micro-transaction out of the entire lot and theres some pretty badly designed items there.

Message 15 of 55 (326 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Oct 1, 2013

To be honest, it doesn't worth it at all! Unless if you are a very good player who can get a least 25+ kills and as less deaths as possible per match. Even so, if you reach the gold or platinum tier eventually you will lose your hard earned items. Think about it.

Message 16 of 55 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Nathan_Croft wrote:

To be honest, it doesn't worth it at all! Unless if you are a very good player who can get a least 25+ kills and as less deaths as possible per match. Even so, if you reach the gold or platinum tier eventually you will lose your hard earned items. Think about it.

it's not about getting 1 tier, it's about getting 6 gold and / or 8 platinum tiers ... that's really the only reason to put any effort in it  ... going for temporary rewards is pretty useless IMO 

Message 17 of 55 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Oct 1, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Nathan_Croft wrote:

it's not about getting 1 tier, it's about getting 6 gold and / or 8 platinum tiers ... that's really the only reason to put any effort in it  ... going for temporary rewards is pretty useless IMO 

canadian94eh wrote:

Nathan_Croft wrote:

At least I'm just glad that Tengu Mask for Sully has been given to us free! Tengu Mask is one of my favourite items!

Message 18 of 55 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 1, 2013

You keep Platinum items forever. Not sure about Gold though.

Bang Bang!

Message 19 of 55 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Another item I would like to earn is the Bronze Mask for Drake. It's a shame that even if I reach the gold tier I can't keep that forever.

Message 20 of 55 (269 Views)
0 Likes