Fender Bender
2318 posts

Re: what is the paw for?

May 24, 2013

SupremeNinja21 wrote:

Technically, 1.17 is special. You have to have played the game before 1.17 came out to get paw.

No, you just have to own the game or at least played it. Doesn't matter when.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5272 posts

May 24, 2013

1.17 will always be special in my heart...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

May 24, 2013
Yes it does matter Red. If you were to make a new account and use it on a U3 disc now you wouldn't get a naughty paw symbol on it. Only accounts who played prior to 1.17 have the symbol.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (405 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

May 24, 2013
You know, you guys didn't really have to tell him 5 times what the paw is for.

As for the paw, nab's right. I gave my cousin a full game (since my dlc doesn't even work there) and he didn't get the paw.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 24, 2013

SupremeNinja21 wrote:

Technically, 1.17 is special. You have to have played the game before 1.17 came out to get paw.

No, it's not special. It's not as if ND just was like, "Oh, it's patch 17 now. I guess it's pretty obvious that now we should give everyone a paw on their symbol." No, it was absolutely not a coincidence that the paw was released at the same time U3 went F2P. The reasoning behind the paw was that there should be something to distinguish between F2Per's and owners of the game (or I assume). Just, like I said before, it is not retroactive. 

It's pretty obvious that this distinction is over the definition of "special." I'm saying that the number 17, and subsequently the patch 17, are not special in and of themselves. If there was any reason for them to be "special" it would be that UC3 went F2P in that same patch (F2Per's do not get the paw). In other words, if UC3 had gone F2P in patch 1.18 then no one would have gotten a paw until patch 1.18 debuted. What you are saying is the direct consequence of what I am saying. But it just doesn't making any sense to say that patch 17 was special. You had to play UC3 before it went F2P to get the paw. In other words, you had to own it to get the paw. However, the paw is not retroactive. 

I feel like arguing and making that distinction. There's not really anything wrong with what you said it is just misleading (not that it could lead you to anything of any consequence though :smileytongue:). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

May 24, 2013

The paw? It's only some useless addition. Nothing to get your knickers in a bunch over.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (105 Views)
0 Likes