Message 501 of 506 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11236 posts

Re: The Uncharted Caption Contest

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Lol, I download The Mentalist for my mum because she loves it but I haven't gotten around to watching it myself. I'll probably plan a marathon in a few weeks when I'm on holidays.

As for the Caption Contest, I've loved it. It's like writing a short story. I'd love for it to continue. There's the issue that if you log out then back in then you can't see the poll and it forces you to vote for a second time. Besides that, it's perfect IMO.

Thanks for the caption contest feedback so far. There is probably very little I can do about that particular poll issue right now but it is a really good argument in favor of getting rid of polls in the PlayStation Forums (not that anyone would want to get rid of them). =P

I haven't received much feedback in the thread for The Last of Us Caption Contest so I don't know what to think there. The Uncharted Caption Contest seems to be the more popular one but it isn't in a very active area. No, I cannot move it anywhere else right now.

I love discussions about The Mentalist as much as the next person but those discussions probably don't belong in this thread. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/232323i2758F4EB233876D0

Please use plain text.
Message 502 of 506 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Dec 3, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Lol, I download The Mentalist for my mum because she loves it but I haven't gotten around to watching it myself. I'll probably plan a marathon in a few weeks when I'm on holidays.

As for the Caption Contest, I've loved it. It's like writing a short story. I'd love for it to continue. There's the issue that if you log out then back in then you can't see the poll and it forces you to vote for a second time. Besides that, it's perfect IMO.

Thanks for the caption contest feedback so far. There is probably very little I can do about that particular poll issue right now but it is a really good argument in favor of getting rid of polls in the PlayStation Forums (not that anyone would want to get rid of them). =P

I haven't received much feedback in the thread for The Last of Us Caption Contest so I don't know what to think there. The Uncharted Caption Contest seems to be the more popular one but it isn't in a very active area. No, I cannot move it anywhere else right now.

I love discussions about The Mentalist as much as the next person but those discussions probably don't belong in this thread. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/232323i2758F4EB233876D0

I've enjoyed the caption contest, SweetPoison. Thanks for managing it all this time. It's fun seeing what people come up with each week. Too bad not a lot of people participate/vote any more. Guess that's to be expected with an older game, though.

I don't have much in the way of suggestions for improving or changing it. I hope it keeps going, but I understand if you let it ride off into the sunset. Thanks to everyone who contributed captions over the years. You guys make me laugh.  

Please use plain text.
Message 503 of 506 (176 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9893 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Is that a Red John emoticon? Goddamn it, T.

Also, if we can connect it to the FB Community group we'll have tons of people looking at the stuff.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 504 of 506 (166 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11236 posts

Mar 27, 2014

The PlayStation Caption Contest is the spiritual successor to The Uncharted Caption Contest and The Last of Us Caption Contest. If you miss these caption contests then head over to the Off-Topic area in the PlayStation Forums and participate in our new one. The PlayStation Caption Contest is supposed to be a weekly event but overall community participation will undoubtedly influence its direction. Swing by this new caption contest thread if you would like to create some captions. We will have an image for a different PlayStation video game every week.

Please use plain text.
Message 505 of 506 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18106 posts

Mar 27, 2014

SweetPoison13 wrote:

The PlayStation Caption Contest is the spiritual successor to The Uncharted Caption Contest and The Last of Us Caption Contest. If you miss these caption contests then head over to the Off-Topic area in the PlayStation Forums and participate in our new one. The PlayStation Caption Contest is supposed to be a weekly event but overall community participation will undoubtedly influence its direction. Swing by this new caption contest thread if you would like to create some captions. We will have an image for a different PlayStation video game every week.

Please use plain text.
Message 506 of 506 (102 Views)
0 Likes