Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 02 2012
By: JMP_SOUL Naughty Dog Developer 51 posts

Improvements and future

9 replies 500 views Edited Jun 2, 2012

So I havent been on the forums for a while but Im back.

For those who dont know, Im the lone web developer for Naughty Dog. As I have been handleing some other responsiblities, I have more time now to start making larger updates to the Uncharted 3 stats. I want to keep the future updates to the stats a surprise, but outside of that I wanted to know what everyone would like to see updated and added.

As I might not respond to all ideas, as Im sure some of them are already in the works, all ideas are welcomed.

I can imagine that there will be some requests about the login system and I have written a post about that situation here: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37755668#37755668

Aight, lets get some ideas.

-Jason

Message 1 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Improvements and future

Jun 2, 2012

Is it possible for you to make where we can see number of kills with each weapon, along with the accuracy? Also, what about pull downs and and kick offs on top of melee kills?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
51 posts

Jun 2, 2012

@Dano1997

On your profile page I can only show shots fired and show hit per weapon. Thats where we get accuracy.

In the match details I can show how many kills you had with a particular weapon and I will add that to the list.

I dont have stats on pull downs and kick offs as they all fall under melee kills.

-Jason

Message 3 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4826 posts

Jun 4, 2012

I'd like to seea more organised and very detailed stats list on the ND website, an example would be Max Payne 3's web stats on the social club site. Rockstar did a fantastic job with their stats and I'd like something similar or even better to be part of Uncharted 3's stats.

To give you an insight, here are some stats that can be interesting to know:

• Most used boosters, and the runner-ups
  • Boosters displayed should be if they are gold or not
  • K/D Ratio
  • Most used Kickback and how much time each was used
  • Total time spent sprinting
  • Damage dealt to each part of the body (How often (in percentage) do you kill people on their head, or torso, or legs for example) and if possible, damage recieved.
  • Most used Hero or villain character (only known ones, not necessarly to include the custom ones)
  • Include the badge of our current rank, and if there is a star or not. And next to it, include the Legcy: X. That would be much better.
  • Total shots fired with each weapon and total shots hit
  • Most used weapon
  • Most used pistol
  • Display all weapons (in a weapons tab, maybe?) just like they are in the loadouts menu in Uncharted 3 MP, and I'd like you guys to add the feature of seeing what weapons do I still need to unlock and what weapons I already did. This would be some fun stat-tracking.
  • Percentage of games played in each game mode ( X% played in TDM, X% in Team Objective and so on)
  • Maybe add some kind of tab that displays the trophies; trophies you achieved and those that you have yet to.
  • Longest streak would be a nice statistic to know too.
  • If you guys can add a "customize your loadout online" feature that'd be full of win.
  • Favourite power weapon

Well, I think that's about it. Those are my most requested stuff, that would make the Uncharted 3 Website Stats much more awesome and would improve it significantly. Please add some of my ideas and feel free to ask/respond to me about what you can and can't add and I'll be here around to toss more ideas.

Thanks for your participation and I hope to see the changes soon. Can't wait to see what's in store, but please don't take long! Let it be soon rather than soon(TM).

Message 4 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
51 posts

Jun 4, 2012

@Shadow-Man_4

Thanks for your input.

Below are the list of requests that are already in the works or being shown in some light:

Most Used Booster

Most Used Kickback

Most Used Hero/Villain

Total Shots Fired/Hit - Launching Soon

Most Used Weapon - Launching Soon

Some of the stats we are unable to display or wont be displying such as K/D ration because it encourages breaking the spirit of the game.

Message 5 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4826 posts

Jun 4, 2012

JMP_SOUL wrote:

@Shadow-Man_4

Thanks for your input.

Below are the list of requests that are already in the works or being shown in some light:

Most Used Booster

Most Used Kickback

Most Used Hero/Villain

Total Shots Fired/Hit - Launching Soon

Most Used Weapon - Launching Soon

Some of the stats we are unable to display or wont be displying such as K/D ration because it encourages breaking the spirit of the game.

Thanks for the reply!

And yeah I understand. What about a feature such as customize your loadout online? Is it something that's technically possible? Or will it be so hard for you guys to add something like that?

And what about the damage dealt to each part of the body?

Oh and by the way, I'd like to be surprised by some unique stuff. Stuff that I can't imagine right now. So that would be something cool to bring. Think out of the box, Justin, and surprise us with something totally unique and Uncharted-ish.

Thanks for caring and updating the stats system this late in the Uncharted 3 dev cycle, better late than never. And can you please make an announcement in the Multiplayer section of the forum when such changes happen? Nobody checks this section. I came across this thread by chance..

Message 6 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
51 posts

Jun 4, 2012

@Shadow-Man_4

Damage per body part is something we currently will not be able to do, but we are still throwing around the idea customizing your loadout online.

-Jason

Message 7 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Jun 5, 2012

My requested future update..

Make sure you keep it so that I can log in. For the longest time I couldn't log in, I kept on getting "Your request could not be processed because the server sent no data" or something or other.

keep it this way please

Generally agree with shadowman.

• Total kills with, deaths by each weapon, including Power Weapons.
  • and
    Most used boosters.

But you said you were working on those anyways, so good luck with that.

Do you feel me?

Message 8 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

Jun 7, 2012

A small bug that needs fixing, Jason: Thumbnails for "No Intro" matches don't show up under the Match History tab. Think you could fix that quickly?

TF3:HWS
Message 9 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
51 posts

Jun 19, 2012

@darthgeek8 That can be fixed quickly. I would actually need some information from you which is what map were you playing that isnt showing up?

Thanks

Message 10 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes