Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2011
By: arne Naughty Dog Developer 1660 posts

Uncharted 3 MP stats feedback thread

95 replies 422 views Edited Oct 1, 2011

Please use this thread to give us your feedback on the existing stats page(s).

We have a plan to keep adding a ton of functionality and refresh the design and layout of the graphics, but we're always intrested in hearing what you'd like us to change, update or display differently

You can access the stats here:

http://www.naughtydog.com/stats/uncharted3/

Please report bugs here:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Uncharted-3-Web-Stats-Feedback/Uncharted-3-MP-stats-bug-reporting/td...

Please leave us your specific stats requests here:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Uncharted-3-Web-Stats-Feedback/Uncharted-3-MP-stats-request-thread/t...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4266 posts

"Time Played -- 13398 Sec"   Any chance that'll...

Oct 1, 2011

"Time Played -- 13398 Sec"

Any chance that'll be changed into minutes or hours? I think seconds are a bit too accurate, especially when the game's released and people have played for multiple dozens of hours.

Also, what's with the underscores in the titles? "____KILL/DEATH RATIO", for example. It doesn't really annoy me, but everything would look cleaner if those underscores weren't there.

Other than those two minor annoyances, I really love the stats. They look more modern than the Uncharted 2 ones (though I really like those, too) and those pie charts are awesome.

Also: the match histories are still being worked on, I assume? Clicking on "More matches" just redirects me page I was on already.

edit: Nevermind that last part, I just went to my match history to check if anything had changed, and that's exactly what happened. I love you, Naughty Dog.
edit (another one): I'm just wondering what the GAMES/MUTED chart means. Can anyone enlighten me, please?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
1660 posts

How many games you've played versus how many games other...

Oct 1, 2011

C_Seerden wrote:

"Time Played -- 13398 Sec"

Any chance that'll be changed into minutes or hours? I think seconds are a bit too accurate, especially when the game's released and people have played for multiple dozens of hours.

Yes, we'll be changing this to days:hours:minutes in the future.

Also, what's with the underscores in the titles? "____KILL/DEATH RATIO", for example. It doesn't really annoy me, but everything would look cleaner if those underscores weren't there.

It's to match our overall web design - hit up the www.naughtydog.com home page and you'll see the underscores in each section.

edit (another one): I'm just wondering what the GAMES/MUTED chart means. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

How many games you've played versus how many games other people have muted your mic  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4266 posts

That's actually a pretty awesome stat to be displayed! Se...

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

C_Seerden wrote: 

How many games you've played versus how many games other people have muted your mic  :smileywink:

That's actually a pretty awesome stat to be displayed! Seriously, I would've never been able to come up with that. You guys are awesome. Awesome stat pages to go with an awesome game, that's what I'm talking 'bout!

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3526 posts

^Yea, I want to know what games/muted means as well   Als...

Oct 1, 2011

^Yea, I want to know what games/muted means as well

Also, it never actually says my k/dr. I could calculate it myself, but I'd expect k/dr to be on a stats page.

Good job with the piecharts. 

I like melee/stealth ratio, and quits/game ratio. 

^Also, I've been disconnected maybe 3 times, and quit one game, and it says I only quit one game. Does this mean the system can now differentiate between quit and disconnect?

Do you feel me?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4758 posts

That's an awesome and creative stat to be displayed. :D

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

It's to match our overall web design - hit up the www.naughtydog.com home page and you'll see the underscores in each section.

That's an awesome and creative stat to be displayed. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
1660 posts

We're not showing K/DR on any of our online stats - it en...

Oct 1, 2011

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Also, it never actually says my k/dr. I could calculate it myself, but I'd expect k/dr to be on a stats page.

We're not showing K/DR on any of our online stats - it encourages breaking the spirit of the game. So we're taking a hard line on this to see if it has any effect.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4758 posts

Emmm... I'm not sure if this is good or bad, we're going...

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

We're not showing K/DR on any of our online stats - it encourages breaking the spirit of the game. So we're taking a hard line on this to see if it has any effect.

Emmm... I'm not sure if this is good or bad, we're going to have to wait and see.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
1660 posts

A graph or spread should give you all the info you would...

Oct 1, 2011

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

arne wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Emmm... I'm not sure if this is good or bad, we're going to have to wait and see.

A graph or spread should give you all the info you would want. If you really want your ratio, take the time to break out the calculator.  There is too much focus on padding this stat to the deteriment of the rest of the community and our experience with U2 has been that some players will abuse anything to bump up their KDR.  I would have figured that killfarming would be universally abhorred.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4758 posts

Yeah, I think that's good. Displaying it as a graph would...

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

arne wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

A graph or spread should give you all the info you would want. If you really want your ratio, take the time to break out the calculator.  There is too much focus on padding this stat to the deteriment of the rest of the community and our experience with U2 has been that some players will abuse anything to bump up their KDR.  I would have figured that killfarming would be universally abhorred.

Yeah, I think that's good. Displaying it as a graph would do it for me. I just want to compare my kills to deaths; that's all.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 96 (422 Views)
0 Likes