Fender Bender
3463 posts

Re: Dear ND, you have ruined my favorite game ***POST HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE 1.0

Feb 16, 2010
they should have done it its own playlist
lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Message 130 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Re: Dear ND, you have ruined my favorite game ***POST HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE 1.0

Feb 16, 2010
*Raises hand*  I hate the fact that some weapons are so overpowered now. I like the fact that Naughty Dog took the time to make the patch, and I hate all of this complaining, but the sniper and FAL campers are messing me up big time.
# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 131 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Yawn.

I can't beleive some people are so picky about little positive things like the medal display. That thing is awesome.

A few people here complaining about how the FAL can compete with the RPG are the same people who were complaining about how over powered the power weapons were before. Seriously? The only problems are the auto shoulder swtiching, which I appreciate, but its too inconsistent to be perfect, with a little tweaking it'll be a great addition to the game. Also removing the leg hit boxes was a little silly.

As for the rest of it, I urge you to go away and play it for a week or two and then decide. It'll become second nature again and people will work out how to deal with the new playstyles that became available. Stop exaggerating too. If anyone ever says 99% on a forum they mean "a little more often than before" 

Message 132 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Mray901 wrote:
*Raises hand*  I hate the fact that some weapons are so overpowered now. I like the fact that Naughty Dog took the time to make the patch, and I hate all of this complaining, but the sniper and FAL campers are messing me up big time.

Isn't it just a question of evolving and adapting to the new gameplay? If you're good, you're still good.... I wonder if people will still be complaining this much in a week.

Message 133 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Feb 16, 2010

CaptainGillette wrote:
Let's consider that poll, shall we?  5920 respondents.  That's about 12% of the people who play each day, but also swayed heavily towards the people who regularly visit the blog or the forums, so perhaps not exactly representative of the general playing population.  Now, of those 5920, 2164 (37%) were in the "too much" and "didn't like it" crowd.  Another 1949 (33%) said "Give it it's own playlist", meaning they didn't want ND to change the overall game.  So, all told, that's 30% of the poll respondents who wanted ND to do what they just did.  Fail.

They discussed that in their blog post. I don't completely agree with their interpretation of the poll (they basically put the "give it it's own playlist" people with the "like it" crowd), but they didn't make the game match what they did in that weekend, either. They spent a lot of time testing different ways of balancing the game and they felt like they came up with the right one. Obviously everyone's not happy with it, but this is not the same change that was voted on in that poll.

Message 134 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Feb 16, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

Mray901 wrote:

Isn't it just a question of evolving and adapting to the new gameplay? If you're good, you're still good.... I wonder if people will still be complaining this much in a week.

I am adapting, and I'm still good, I guess, but I just hate that it's harder to get away from the guns and snipers.
# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 135 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Feb 16, 2010
All of you quitting U2 go pre-order Heavy Rain if you haven't. I know I'll be away from this whacked out MP for a while come the 23rd.
Message 136 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Feb 16, 2010
Let's revisit the 'lowered health' poll again, shall we?  According to the blog, there were 5920 respondents.  That's about 12% of the 70000 people who play each day (and skewed towards the people who regularly visit the blog or the forums).  Now, of those 5920, 2164 (37%) were in the "too much" and "didn't like it" crowd.  Another 1949 (33%) said "Give it it's own playlist", meaning they didn't want ND to change the overall game, regardless of whether they liked or disliked the change.  That leaves about 30% of the poll respondents who wanted the overall damage effects altered.  That means 3% of the daily players voted to alter the game for the remaining 97%. I'm still unsure as to why ND felt that was a large enough pool to warrant such a broad alteration to the game.
Message Edited by CaptainGillette on 02-16-2010 12:15 PM
Message 137 of 637 (121 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Hosnor wrote:
All of you quitting U2 go pre-order Heavy Rain if you haven't. I know I'll be away from this whacked out MP for a while come the 23rd.

Would if i had the moneySmiley Sad OR LunarSmiley Frustratedilver Star Harmony on the psp..

Message 138 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Change it back ND.

NOW

First Fleet Foot was nerfed for noobs

NOW THEY MAKE THE DAMAGE LIKE COD.

**bleep**

Message 139 of 637 (121 Views)
0 Likes