Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/23/2007
Offline
1801 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

pdiss88 wrote:

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:
Whats sad about this post is that people complained about things and ND fixed them and your mad that they fixed them. Which means you would rather have a poorly designed game under the guise of it never changing.

 

I don't understand posters nowadays. You piss on madden for being madden. But then if a games like Uncharted 2  and resistance 2 changes and listen to fans you piss on them for changing in any shape or form. 

 


The whole point is that no one was complaining about the power of the weapons before they patched it. It was ultimately ND who instituted the Experimental Weekend and ND who interpreted the results of their poll to mean that everyone wanted the current gameplay situation to be trashed in favor of something closer to a Crushing mode.

 

Face it, ND screwed the pooch on this one and are now facing hundreds (if not thousands) of players angry over the changes that they've made.


You do realize you just totally contradicted the argument you all are making, right? "Hundreds (if not thousands)" is a pretty small percentage of the population playing this game, even if you only go by the daily players totals, and not everyone plays every day. If they get a few more to come back on the other end and/or play it more than they used to (and buy the DLC), I'd say it would be worth it for them. My totals are way less than a lot of people, but my numbers dwarf the "average" numbers on ND's website. That's a lot of people out there who have tried the MP but not played it much. If even a small percentage of that group now plays the game more, ND will come out ahead, even if a few unhappy campers leave and never come back.

Message Edited by onuosfan on 02-17-2010 03:01 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 370 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/29/2009
Offline
164 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:

WizzleHumpback wrote:

I agree.

 

I saw no need to change the original formula. My $60 went towards a perfect multiplayer game in my opinion. Then a couple months later they stopped allowing us to throw the treasure out-of-bounds in plunder, and now this. When you keep changing gameplay mechanics you have to make everyone revamp their strategies and game plans. No longer can they continue to keep doing what they love. Now they have to adapt to something completely new and foreign to them when it's still the same game.

 

What was wrong with it before? I see 40 and 50+ ranked players every week playing this game with no problems. Do you think they're playing because they hate the game? Doubtful. This is like a big middle finger up to those who have played the game since beta one. This game had a lifespan of only four months, but I saw no disclaimer on my game that specified an expiration date.

 

Give me back the days of PSone and PS2, where every game you purchased stayed the same for however long you kept playing it. You never had to think about what might happen to it a few months down the road when developers decide to all of a sudden change a great formula for something else, just for the sake of change.

 

I'm done with Uncharted. My $60 was spent on a fantastic game that had a fantastic multiplayer. Now that I'm done with single-player I have to deal with a new, and what I consider to be a sub-par multiplayer. Way to keep me playing Naughty Dog. You couldn't just stop at fantastic DLC with new maps, skins, and modes. You had to go and change everything I loved about the game.


 

Whats sad about this post is that people complained about things and ND fixed them and your mad that they fixed them. Which means you would rather have a poorly designed game under the guise of it never changing.

 

I don't understand posters nowadays. You piss on madden for being madden. But then if a games like Uncharted 2  and resistance 2 changes and listen to fans you piss on them for changing in any shape or form. 

 


Did you not even read what I posted? I thought the game was perfect from day one. I had a massive post about how I loved Naughty Dog and multiplayer when the beta was out. I never complained once. I would play Uncharted 2 till Uncharted 3 had the game stayed the same.

 

I hardly piss on a game for being what it is out of the gate. If I do, I don't buy it and move on with my life. I don't try and get that game to change just because I don't approve. That's why movies are movies, books are books, and games are games. They are the result of hours of work and testing and Uncharted 2 went gold for a reason. I don't expect a company to release a half-assed product from day one only to fix it months later. Everyone's opinion on multiplayer varies. EVERYONE'S. There are people who love it and people who hate it. Now there are STILL people who love and STILL people who hate it. SO WHAT'S THE POINT??!! You satisfy those who hated it and disappoint those who loved it. Now the people who played it don't play it and the people who didn't play it play it. The equilibrium will never sway one way or the other. If a developer is so disappointed in their games' multiplayer, make a new game!! Isn't that why we have sequels? I could have sworn that's what all those Windows 7 commercials were all about, changing as a result of what people wanted. But they released the changes as a whole new operating system instead of messing with what was already out there.

Please use plain text.
Message 371 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5829 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

onuosfan wrote:
You do realize you just totally contradicted the argument you all are making, right? "Hundreds (if not thousands)" is a pretty small percentage of the population playing this game, even if you only go by the daily players totals, and not everyone plays every day. If they get a few more to come back on the other end and/or play it more than they used to (and buy the DLC), I'd say it would be worth it for them. My totals are way less than a lot of people, but my numbers dwarf the "average" numbers on ND's website. That's a lot of people out there who have tried the MP but not played it much. If even a small percentage of that group now plays the game more, ND will come out ahead, even if a few unhappy campers leave and never come back.
Message Edited by onuosfan on 02-17-2010 03:01 PM

I was actually only talking about those who visit the forums with that. The number of players who visit the forum are easily less than 2 or 3%. The fact that there are hundreds of players upset about the patch just on here tells me the actual number is much higher.

 

Also, do you really think that ND is going to make up the number of players who quit the game just through this patch? Even if the number of people quit is in the thousands, that's still a huge proportion of the regulars in this game (I'd say anywhere from 10% to 40%). How do you expect ND to make those numbers up? Advertising?

 

The first thing they teach you in Marketing 101 is that it's just as profitable to keep one customer as it is to make two new ones. 

Message Edited by pdiss88 on 02-17-2010 12:08 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 372 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/22/2009
Offline
831 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

WizzleHumpback wrote:

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:

WizzleHumpback wrote:

I agree.

 

I saw no need to change the original formula. My $60 went towards a perfect multiplayer game in my opinion. Then a couple months later they stopped allowing us to throw the treasure out-of-bounds in plunder, and now this. When you keep changing gameplay mechanics you have to make everyone revamp their strategies and game plans. No longer can they continue to keep doing what they love. Now they have to adapt to something completely new and foreign to them when it's still the same game.

 

What was wrong with it before? I see 40 and 50+ ranked players every week playing this game with no problems. Do you think they're playing because they hate the game? Doubtful. This is like a big middle finger up to those who have played the game since beta one. This game had a lifespan of only four months, but I saw no disclaimer on my game that specified an expiration date.

 

Give me back the days of PSone and PS2, where every game you purchased stayed the same for however long you kept playing it. You never had to think about what might happen to it a few months down the road when developers decide to all of a sudden change a great formula for something else, just for the sake of change.

 

I'm done with Uncharted. My $60 was spent on a fantastic game that had a fantastic multiplayer. Now that I'm done with single-player I have to deal with a new, and what I consider to be a sub-par multiplayer. Way to keep me playing Naughty Dog. You couldn't just stop at fantastic DLC with new maps, skins, and modes. You had to go and change everything I loved about the game.


 

Whats sad about this post is that people complained about things and ND fixed them and your mad that they fixed them. Which means you would rather have a poorly designed game under the guise of it never changing.

 

I don't understand posters nowadays. You piss on madden for being madden. But then if a games like Uncharted 2  and resistance 2 changes and listen to fans you piss on them for changing in any shape or form. 

 


Did you not even read what I posted? I thought the game was perfect from day one. I had a massive post about how I loved Naughty Dog and multiplayer when the beta was out. I never complained once. I would play Uncharted 2 till Uncharted 3 had the game stayed the same.

 

I hardly piss on a game for being what it is out of the gate. If I do, I don't buy it and move on with my life. I don't try and get that game to change just because I don't approve. That's why movies are movies, books are books, and games are games. They are the result of hours of work and testing and Uncharted 2 went gold for a reason. I don't expect a company to release a half-assed product from day one only to fix it months later. Everyone's opinion on multiplayer varies. EVERYONE'S. There are people who love it and people who hate it. Now there are STILL people who love and STILL people who hate it. SO WHAT'S THE POINT??!! You satisfy those who hated it and disappoint those who loved it. Now the people who played it don't play it and the people who didn't play it play it. The equilibrium will never sway one way or the other. If a developer is so disappointed in their games' multiplayer, make a new game!! Isn't that why we have sequels? I could have sworn that's what all those Windows 7 commercials were all about, changing as a result of what people wanted. But they released the changes as a whole new operating system instead of messing with what was already out there.


Evidently there were not enough of you that thought that way.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - RomoToCrayton09
Please use plain text.
Message 373 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/06/2007
Offline
1126 posts
 

Re: Dear ND, you have ruined my favorite game ***POST HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

Naughty Dog you did a great job with your new update, MrPips...

Message Edited by Avara on 02-17-2010 03:16 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 374 of 637 (23 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/23/2007
Offline
1801 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

pdiss88 wrote:

onuosfan wrote:
You do realize you just totally contradicted the argument you all are making, right? "Hundreds (if not thousands)" is a pretty small percentage of the population playing this game, even if you only go by the daily players totals, and not everyone plays every day. If they get a few more to come back on the other end and/or play it more than they used to (and buy the DLC), I'd say it would be worth it for them. My totals are way less than a lot of people, but my numbers dwarf the "average" numbers on ND's website. That's a lot of people out there who have tried the MP but not played it much. If even a small percentage of that group now plays the game more, ND will come out ahead, even if a few unhappy campers leave and never come back.
Message Edited by onuosfan on 02-17-2010 03:01 PM

I was actually only talking about those who visit the forums with that. The number of players who visit the forum are easily less than 2 or 3%. The fact that there are hundreds of players upset about the patch just on here tells me the actual number is much higher.

 

Also, do you really think that ND is going to make up the number of players who quit the game just through this patch? Even if the number of people quit is in the thousands, that's still a huge proportion of the regulars in this game (I'd say anywhere from 10% to 40%). How do you expect ND to make those numbers up? Advertising?

 

The first thing they teach you in Marketing 101 is that it's just as profitable to keep one customer as it is to make two new ones. 

Message Edited by pdiss88 on 02-17-2010 12:08 PM

Maybe, but is keeping one customer worth more than gaining 10 new ones?

 

Since you made up some numbers, I'll do the same. Let's say the average "high-level" player has around 5000 kills. I know most Roman Numerals probably have a heck of a lot more than that, but we have to start somewhere. The "Global Average" for kills is currently 373, according to ND's website.  Just to come up with something that would get us to that average, that would mean that there could be, for example, 18 players sitting out there with around 100 kills for each person that has 5000. So, let's see... if the player with 5000 gets upset and leaves, it wouldn't take many of those other players picking it back up (or new players sticking around because they don't get their arses handed to them the first couple times they play) to make up for that one person who left, and not every "high-level" player will leave.

 

Numbers can say anything you want them to...

Please use plain text.
Message 375 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/29/2009
Offline
164 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:

WizzleHumpback wrote:

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:

WizzleHumpback wrote:

I agree.

 

I saw no need to change the original formula. My $60 went towards a perfect multiplayer game in my opinion. Then a couple months later they stopped allowing us to throw the treasure out-of-bounds in plunder, and now this. When you keep changing gameplay mechanics you have to make everyone revamp their strategies and game plans. No longer can they continue to keep doing what they love. Now they have to adapt to something completely new and foreign to them when it's still the same game.

 

What was wrong with it before? I see 40 and 50+ ranked players every week playing this game with no problems. Do you think they're playing because they hate the game? Doubtful. This is like a big middle finger up to those who have played the game since beta one. This game had a lifespan of only four months, but I saw no disclaimer on my game that specified an expiration date.

 

Give me back the days of PSone and PS2, where every game you purchased stayed the same for however long you kept playing it. You never had to think about what might happen to it a few months down the road when developers decide to all of a sudden change a great formula for something else, just for the sake of change.

 

I'm done with Uncharted. My $60 was spent on a fantastic game that had a fantastic multiplayer. Now that I'm done with single-player I have to deal with a new, and what I consider to be a sub-par multiplayer. Way to keep me playing Naughty Dog. You couldn't just stop at fantastic DLC with new maps, skins, and modes. You had to go and change everything I loved about the game.


 

Whats sad about this post is that people complained about things and ND fixed them and your mad that they fixed them. Which means you would rather have a poorly designed game under the guise of it never changing.

 

I don't understand posters nowadays. You piss on madden for being madden. But then if a games like Uncharted 2  and resistance 2 changes and listen to fans you piss on them for changing in any shape or form. 

 


Did you not even read what I posted? I thought the game was perfect from day one. I had a massive post about how I loved Naughty Dog and multiplayer when the beta was out. I never complained once. I would play Uncharted 2 till Uncharted 3 had the game stayed the same.

 

I hardly piss on a game for being what it is out of the gate. If I do, I don't buy it and move on with my life. I don't try and get that game to change just because I don't approve. That's why movies are movies, books are books, and games are games. They are the result of hours of work and testing and Uncharted 2 went gold for a reason. I don't expect a company to release a half-assed product from day one only to fix it months later. Everyone's opinion on multiplayer varies. EVERYONE'S. There are people who love it and people who hate it. Now there are STILL people who love and STILL people who hate it. SO WHAT'S THE POINT??!! You satisfy those who hated it and disappoint those who loved it. Now the people who played it don't play it and the people who didn't play it play it. The equilibrium will never sway one way or the other. If a developer is so disappointed in their games' multiplayer, make a new game!! Isn't that why we have sequels? I could have sworn that's what all those Windows 7 commercials were all about, changing as a result of what people wanted. But they released the changes as a whole new operating system instead of messing with what was already out there.


Evidently there were not enough of you that thought that way.


How often do you see people praise a company for a job well done? People are quicker to criticize than they are to praise. Why? Because they're satisfied with what they have and praising the developer is not a high priority. However, if someone HATES the game they're playing, well by golly they'll march right up the steps to the Naughty Dog offices and tell them themselves because they want the game to play how THEY want it to play and nothing less is acceptable. Meanwhile, the content gamer continues to play their game.

 

It's a negative world out there and gamers like me have to feel the wrath of change from developers who are so afraid of backlash they second-guess the quality of the product they originally put out there.

Please use plain text.
Message 376 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Online
4628 posts
 

Re: Dear ND, you have ruined my favorite game ***POST HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

JayLowe wrote:

No, you said ' didnt and willnot get owned, but it is so stupid to put half a clip on some one to die'

 

You talked about entire/half clip when talking about the game mechanics, and you've constantly said 'full clip' all day, over a number of threads, until people started to pick you up on the fact. Then it becamse 'half clip/full clip.'


No, i sometimes get them in half a clip but mostly in full. And dont tell me it isnt rediculuod to kill someone with a full clip! We're not in a fairy world! Jeez..

Message Edited by Avara on 02-17-2010 03:24 PM



Please use plain text.
Message 377 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/22/2009
Offline
831 posts
 

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, you have ruined my favorite game **POST IF YOU DISLIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010

WizzleHumpback wrote:

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:

WizzleHumpback wrote:

RomoToCrayton09 wrote:

WizzleHumpback wrote:

I agree.

 

I saw no need to change the original formula. My $60 went towards a perfect multiplayer game in my opinion. Then a couple months later they stopped allowing us to throw the treasure out-of-bounds in plunder, and now this. When you keep changing gameplay mechanics you have to make everyone revamp their strategies and game plans. No longer can they continue to keep doing what they love. Now they have to adapt to something completely new and foreign to them when it's still the same game.

 

What was wrong with it before? I see 40 and 50+ ranked players every week playing this game with no problems. Do you think they're playing because they hate the game? Doubtful. This is like a big middle finger up to those who have played the game since beta one. This game had a lifespan of only four months, but I saw no disclaimer on my game that specified an expiration date.

 

Give me back the days of PSone and PS2, where every game you purchased stayed the same for however long you kept playing it. You never had to think about what might happen to it a few months down the road when developers decide to all of a sudden change a great formula for something else, just for the sake of change.

 

I'm done with Uncharted. My $60 was spent on a fantastic game that had a fantastic multiplayer. Now that I'm done with single-player I have to deal with a new, and what I consider to be a sub-par multiplayer. Way to keep me playing Naughty Dog. You couldn't just stop at fantastic DLC with new maps, skins, and modes. You had to go and change everything I loved about the game.


 

Whats sad about this post is that people complained about things and ND fixed them and your mad that they fixed them. Which means you would rather have a poorly designed game under the guise of it never changing.

 

I don't understand posters nowadays. You piss on madden for being madden. But then if a games like Uncharted 2  and resistance 2 changes and listen to fans you piss on them for changing in any shape or form. 

 


Did you not even read what I posted? I thought the game was perfect from day one. I had a massive post about how I loved Naughty Dog and multiplayer when the beta was out. I never complained once. I would play Uncharted 2 till Uncharted 3 had the game stayed the same.

 

I hardly piss on a game for being what it is out of the gate. If I do, I don't buy it and move on with my life. I don't try and get that game to change just because I don't approve. That's why movies are movies, books are books, and games are games. They are the result of hours of work and testing and Uncharted 2 went gold for a reason. I don't expect a company to release a half-assed product from day one only to fix it months later. Everyone's opinion on multiplayer varies. EVERYONE'S. There are people who love it and people who hate it. Now there are STILL people who love and STILL people who hate it. SO WHAT'S THE POINT??!! You satisfy those who hated it and disappoint those who loved it. Now the people who played it don't play it and the people who didn't play it play it. The equilibrium will never sway one way or the other. If a developer is so disappointed in their games' multiplayer, make a new game!! Isn't that why we have sequels? I could have sworn that's what all those Windows 7 commercials were all about, changing as a result of what people wanted. But they released the changes as a whole new operating system instead of messing with what was already out there.


Evidently there were not enough of you that thought that way.


How often do you see people praise a company for a job well done? People are quicker to criticize than they are to praise. Why? Because they're satisfied with what they have and praising the developer is not a high priority. However, if someone HATES the game they're playing, well by golly they'll march right up the steps to the Naughty Dog offices and tell them themselves because they want the game to play how THEY want it to play and nothing less is acceptable. Meanwhile, the content gamer continues to play their game.

 

It's a negative world out there and gamers like me have to feel the wrath of change from developers who are so afraid of backlash they second-guess the quality of the product they originally put out there.


Why would I waste my time on someone or thing I hate?  If I hate a person I'm not going to wonder a year from now if they doing fine. If I hate something I move onto the next thing. It seems juvenile to me to piss and moan over things you say you hate.

 

People said something about a game they loved not a game they hated or were indifferent to. How is the Rogue Warrior forum doing? How many people you know take time  out of their day to piss all over bad games?

Message Edited by RomoToCrayton09 on 02-17-2010 12:29 PM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - RomoToCrayton09
Please use plain text.
Message 378 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Dear ND, you have ruined my favorite game ***POST HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE 1.0

Feb 17, 2010
LMFAO!!!! He's excited over a STREAK! ARE YOU KIDDING?!!! wow, just WOW. **bleep** I'm used to 2 Fury's a game MY GOD! LOL! Hate to say it but getting excited over a streak is wack. You'd probability have a damn heart attack with my "streaking history" ( 2,016 Streaks 556 Furys 151 Rages 28 Rampants) And that's out of ONLY 1,806 MATCHES, you do the math!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I got my all of my 5 Not Alives Connect 4's and Wipeouts PRE 1.5 because NO ONE will get those now.
Message Edited by Avara on 02-17-2010 03:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------
**Currently in Retirement due to 1.5, Plz no more requests right now**
Three time LEVEL 60 / 4.23 KDR / 25,962 Kills 6,280 Deaths / 1,646 Wins 162 Losses http://www.naughtydog.com/stats/DigitalCBR_600RR

Weapons of Choice: 70 inch 1080p HD SONY SXRD LCD TV / 60 GB Launch PS3 (Internal 1 Terribyte HDD)
C_Seerden wrote: (Regarding 1.5) "Playing this game still takes skill. Before you could just stand there in the open mowing down everyone you saw, now that isn't possible there's a new challenge, it's called hiding! Take advantage of the changes and take some time to develop new strategies." Hiding? HIDING?! This is NOT METAL GEAR SOLID KID! Dood said hiding! LMFAO! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 379 of 637 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes