Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 12/26/2009
Offline
516 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010

Actually the sniper, while realistic (LOL Realism) it isn't balanced at all.

It's an accurate as hell OHKO from any distance. This throws off the balance of the shotgun.

---


Watch your back...Because that's where I'll spawn. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/26/2008
Offline
7484 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010

MartialArtFights wrote:

Actually the sniper, while realistic (LOL Realism) it isn't balanced at all.

It's an accurate as hell OHKO from any distance. This throws off the balance of the shotgun.


but it makes up for the half ammo

 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (54 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 12/26/2009
Offline
516 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010

Dark__Gamer wrote:

MartialArtFights wrote:

Actually the sniper, while realistic (LOL Realism) it isn't balanced at all.

It's an accurate as hell OHKO from any distance. This throws off the balance of the shotgun.


but it makes up for the half ammo

 


No, it really doesn't. Sure, with basic math it does. 2 shots with 15 bullets is pretty close to 1 shot with 6 bullets.

But make things more complicated. What were the odds you'd get that second shot? Pretty damn slim. I know I'd react after the first shot pre 1.05.

 

Making something OHKO really overcompensates for an ammo drop.

How about if the FAL had 20 bullets but it kills in 1 shot. Is that fair?

 

---


Watch your back...Because that's where I'll spawn. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
68 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010

CaptainGillette wrote:

Dark__Gamer wrote:
I'm having more fun with this update.
Is it more fun because it's easier for you to get kills now?  That was my impression... I continued to be a poor player, but I get more kills than before.  It's fun for a little bit because you feel like a total badass, until you realize that they just lowered the bar.  The problem with the new balance is that skilled players have less incentive to play and unskilled ones have less incentive to improve.  It's like they raised the lower end of the curve without raising the roof to match...

They haven't lowered anything.  The reason you're getting more kills is because people still haven't adapted and are still running around in the open like idiots.  Once people acually learn how to take cover instead of going in guns blazing, the scores will be less inflated.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3217 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010

CaptainGillette wrote:

Dark__Gamer wrote:
I'm having more fun with this update.
Is it more fun because it's easier for you to get kills now?  That was my impression... I continued to be a poor player, but I get more kills than before.  It's fun for a little bit because you feel like a total badass, until you realize that they just lowered the bar.  The problem with the new balance is that skilled players have less incentive to play and unskilled ones have less incentive to improve.  It's like they raised the lower end of the curve without raising the roof to match...

Over and over again Captain keeps nailing it on the head


LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/11/2009
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010
I love this update, although I didn't when it was released. I got used to it and so should all who's complaining. Your spending precious time complaining when you could be practicing and getting used to it. If your skilled why are you complaining anyway? You should have no problem with a little readjustment.  
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ArcanumX
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/11/2009
Offline
223 posts
 

Re: Game's Balance Has Been Ruined.

Feb 16, 2010

The sniper is not realistic at all........ and it shouldn't be,

 

In real life, IF you shoot someone once in the leg with a sniper, they are not just gonna die right there (unless its a 50 caliber rifle, maybe lol)

They would probably fall down, and eventually die if they do not get medical assistance. But not an immediate death.

 

The point is, realism in games is dumb. ND's idea to be more realistic and make the sniper a One-hit-Kill was dumb.

This isn't a war simulator, its a damn game. A game that is far from realistic in the first place........

 

 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - trumansnare
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes