Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Re: I actually don't see what's so bad about the FAL.

Apr 13, 2010

Have to agree with you on this one. I loved the 1.05 FAL and the 1.06 FAL is pretty good too. I can't kill people as fast but it's still insanely godly when you are good at it.

Message 21 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 13, 2010

NOx_Covenant wrote:

Yea, I don't get the fuss about 1.06 either.  People forget that the FAL is the only semi rapid-fire gun with a LASER scope.  When you have that kind of deadly precision, you need some appropriate handicaps to make up for it.  The AK-47 has insane fire power, but it has the recoil of a cannon.  It's all give and take.  And -10% ROF wasn't THAT much of a downgrade.

The FAL's red dot makes little difference considering how small UC2's maps are. Plus it's rare that you have opportunity to engage in long range battles. And if you do, the enemy has more than enough time to get away (unless they are terrible).

The AK's recoil is not a handicap, it's extremely easy to aim the AK with minor skill. If you think the 10% decrease in ROF wasn't significant then that proves you know little about the FAL (no offense intended).

The only thing wrong with 1.06 is the spawns, and EVEN that may be questionable. 

Um what?

Again, people are also forgetting that Uncharted 2 has CLOSED-circuit maps.  The battle-field frontier is NOT specifically designated like it is with Team Fortress and BF: BC2 where there are literally pre-designed choke-points for each battle.  That means the battles are usually dispersed ALL OVER THE MAP.    So it's fairly difficult to consistently calculate an area to spawn that's away from combat AND away from other enemy spawners.  Not to mention that the game only has 5-seconds to select this "optimum location" that could easily change conditions in a blink of an eye. So sometimes you're naturally going to have instances where the spawns are placed in less than favorable areas.  But that's the nature of the beast when you have static maps where battle isn't necessarily limited to a certain area.

Too bad non of that matters, like at all. Pre-1.05 UC2 had perfect spawns compared to what we have now. It would always spawn you as far away from enemies as possible, it worked like a charm. Please don't act like it's some kind of necessary evil or that there's some kind of technical roadblock preventing proper spawns, because neither are true.

CaptainGillette wrote:

1 - It's totally possible to land two bursts on a moving enemy. Negative, it's next to impossible due to the lag. 
2 - If players have days to get away or take cover, how does anyone win the game? What? I was referring to enemies having days to get away from the FAL's second, third, and potentially forth bursts. 
3 - "Higher ROF + lower damage is way better than 1.06" is a matter of opinion... "easier for me to kill you with" does not necessarily equal "better". It's not a matter of opinion. The old FAL was better, no one can argue that if not for the simple reason of people used to use it all the time. It added variety into UC2 that is now lost because everyone knows that the FAL sucks. UC2 has lost a certain amount of depth that a lot of people enjoyed (myself included). Now? Anyone who is stupid enough to pick it up is met with a quick and humiliating death against all but the noobiest of players.

@ KingBlubber: Of course power weapons are the best, that's why they're called power weapons. But in terms of ammo availability, weapon damage, ROF, and the fact that you spawn with it, the pistol is easily the most powerful and versatile gun in UC2.

Message 22 of 40 (207 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

Apr 13, 2010

mbhitman wrote:

brit1 wrote:

I was one of those people who, when 1.06 came out, really hated the FAL because of the RoF. I had been abusing the power of the 1.05 FAL and so I really had a lot of trouble getting kills with the 1.06 version.

However, today, I decided to just try and get better with the FAL...and you know what? I got really good with it (I know, I'm so modest). Sure, the 1.04 FAL took 3 body bursts to kill and the RoF was +10%, but the 1.06 FAL kills in the same amount of time as the 1.04 FAL and requires less shots. I noticed that, apart from what most people think, most enemies don't have enough time to escape the second burst. I consistently got 1st place in elimination today, with kills ranging anywhere from 7 to 11. And all I used was the FAL and occasionally the 92FS.

Anyways, I for one would like the 1.06 FAL to stay in 1.07.

You know, Ive been hesitant to comment about the 1.05/1.06 FAL for sometime now.  There were a lot of elite players who were obsessed about the FAL, and how it was such a dominating AR before it was 'nerfed' in 1.06.  Here's the truth guys, NOW ITS ACTUALLY BALANCED!

Yes, I said it.  The FAL is balanced now.  It was way too powerful before.  And every single one of you that used to dominate with it, know it.  That gun was an absolute beast.  Yes, it did take a little more skill to use effectively than the AK did, but in the big picture....the FAL was way overpowered. 

Its still a great gun.  The 10% decrease in ROF took a 'little' getting used to.  But, once you adapt to it, the gun is just as deadly.  I see people in most matches doing VERY WELL with it. 

I think the huge outcry from the FAL faithful, who had a fit when 1.06 nerfed it, need to take a step back and look at it again.  It was overpowerd before.  It was unstoppable from a distance, it was a beast mid-range, and it certainly got the job done in close quarters if needed. 

Now, in a head to head battle with an AK, it actually comes down to which user is more skilled, where before, they guy with the AK was pretty much toast. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so basically what you saying is because the FAL was so dominating *in the right hands* it is overpowered?? sorry bro, but i totally disagree with you. The FAL was the best weapon in the game and many people had no idea how great the FAL was. It was update 1.05 that made the FAL overpowered, in 1.04 the FAL was perfectly balance.. How was the FAL overpowered when it had it's disadvantages??? In CQC I would get killed a lot by the AK...Not everybody could pick up the FAL and do well, it takes time to master it *that's why it was underused compared to the AK.. I accept your opinion, but the FAL was not overpowered... You know whats overpowered now? The AK-47

elsencillo

Message 23 of 40 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 13, 2010

brit1 wrote:

I was one of those people who, when 1.06 came out, really hated the FAL because of the RoF. I had been abusing the power of the 1.05 FAL and so I really had a lot of trouble getting kills with the 1.06 version.

However, today, I decided to just try and get better with the FAL...and you know what? I got really good with it (I know, I'm so modest). Sure, the 1.04 FAL took 3 body bursts to kill and the RoF was +10%, but the 1.06 FAL kills in the same amount of time as the 1.04 FAL and requires less shots. I noticed that, apart from what most people think, most enemies don't have enough time to escape the second burst. I consistently got 1st place in elimination today, with kills ranging anywhere from 7 to 11. And all I used was the FAL and occasionally the 92FS.

You said EXACTLY what's wrong with it in your post. The 1.06 FAL kills in the same amount of time as the 1.05 FAL. Every other weapon since 1.04 has received a boost in power. That 1.06 simply cannot compete. Not to mention, it's worse than 1.04. The gun had a natural feel in 1.04, at the very least. 

Down the Irons also was reduced, which primarily hurts the FAL.

Message 24 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 13, 2010

I'm content with 1.06's FAL now.  The pistol's and the AK's damage still need to be reduced but it'd be smarter if ND just focused on the Spawning system rather than tweaking weapons.  Obviously it was nice in 1.04's early life when I would go 25-0 but I'm fine with a high 3 KDR every game.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - crXss
Message 25 of 40 (207 Views)
Fender Bender
3022 posts

Apr 13, 2010

crXss wrote:

I'm content with 1.06's FAL now.  The pistol's and the AK's damage still need to be reduced but it'd be smarter if ND just focused on the Spawning system rather than tweaking weapons.  Obviously it was nice in 1.04's early life when I would go 25-0 but I'm fine with a high 3 KDR every game.

I like you. A positive post that also criticizes but not in a detrimental or annoying way. +1 for that!

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Message 26 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 13, 2010

crXss wrote:

So you want all the other weapon's damage lowered? So basically 1.04 damage but a higher power FAL?

Message 27 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 13, 2010

I love TripleWreck's posts where he breaks down his opponent's post paragraph-by-paragraph.

I haven't seen that much blue text since I got my finance test back from my professor last week.

Message 28 of 40 (207 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

Apr 13, 2010

brit1 wrote:

People on this forum are drama queens.

"OMG THE FAL ROF HAS BEEN REDUCED BY 10% ITS THE END OF THE WORLD OMG 2012 HAS COME EARLY AHHHHHH"

people on this forum just over react, I can still get kills with the V 1.06 FAL from afar, people are just complaining cause they cant get kills at close range, but the FAL isnt a close range gun. Its like me using a sniper rifle at close range-Doesnt make sense does it?

Message 29 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 13, 2010

pdiss88 wrote:

I love TripleWreck's posts where he breaks down his opponent's post paragraph-by-paragraph.

I haven't seen that much blue text since I got my finance test back from my professor last week.

<3 pdiss.

I do try you know, you can't deny it's stylish and easy to read.

Message 30 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Likes