Jul 11 2010
By: wegawhale Fender Bender 3428 posts

I am a little confused Drake's Fortune Many Spoilers

6 replies 781 views Edited Jul 11, 2010

At the end of Drake's Fortune we learned that Francis Drake 

flooded the city because El Dorado was cursed.  

In the room with the projector we see a picture of a spanish guy by 

Drake's Corpse.  Who is the person in the picture with the corpse?  So the Spaniards found El Dorado, took it to this island

which nobody still knows about and became demons, right?  

Francis Drake got there and found out the treasure was cursed and then died there.

Francis Drake was supposed to be alive around 1560, but they keep mentioning Nazis.

Did the Germans go looking for El Dorado in the 1940?   If those demons were the

spaniards, how did they live for 450 years?  What were they eating?

Please answer some of these questions.

Message 1 of 7 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Re: I am a little confused Drake's Fortune Many Spoilers

Jul 11, 2010
Also who was in El Dorado when Navarro told Romen to open it?
Message 2 of 7 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
473 posts

Jul 12, 2010

wegawhale wrote:
Also who was in El Dorado when Navarro told Romen to open it?

Your mom

Message 3 of 7 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Jul 12, 2010
That really clears up everything.
But seriously do know the answers?
Message 4 of 7 (781 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 12, 2010

From my understanding, The spaniards a way back, like in the 800s, had a king, he died and they made this coffin of pure gold and precious rocks. And this is El_Dorado. So they took it to this island and put it there as his resting place ( the last place where roman opens the coffin is probably his tomb ) and the spaniards that built it somehow got the curse and became those zombies and they had for mission to defend the coffin. So then in the 1500s, Francis Drake heard that there was a treasure in this island so he went and searched for it, discovered it was cursed and did not proceed to take the treasure (being the coffin) to sell it for money. So he died there. 70 years ago, in the 1930s, After Adolf Hitler got his Chancelier title ( president of germany ) in 1933, He built some U-Boots ( u-boat ) which basicly is a submarine. And he also heard of El_dorado, the coffin made of gold and precious rocks. So he sent some of his SS units there to capture it. I'm not sure about the flooding stuff there I didn't quite get it. So then those SS built this Uboot's dock with the kitchen and everything so they could come and go during thier expeditions... bla bla stuff goes on and they all get killed by the spaniards. And being zombies/demons, They don't need to eat during thier life time because.. they're zombies... What have they thought you in school ? anyway, Stuff goes on and Nathan discoveres there's a treasure and you know the rest..

The "spaniard" next to francis drake in the photo is a nazi with a spaniard's helmet.

Sorry for my english I'm french

Message 5 of 7 (781 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
43 posts

Jul 12, 2010

El_Tabarnacos wrote:

From my understanding, The spaniards a way back, like in the 800s, had a king, he died and they made this coffin of pure gold and precious rocks. And this is El_Dorado. So they took it to this island and put it there as his resting place ( the last place where roman opens the coffin is probably his tomb ) and the spaniards that built it somehow got the curse and became those zombies and they had for mission to defend the coffin. So then in the 1500s, Francis Drake heard that there was a treasure in this island so he went and searched for it, discovered it was cursed and did not proceed to take the treasure (being the coffin) to sell it for money. So he died there. 70 years ago, in the 1930s, After Adolf Hitler got his Chancelier title ( president of germany ) in 1933, He built some U-Boots ( u-boat ) which basicly is a submarine. And he also heard of El_dorado, the coffin made of gold and precious rocks. So he sent some of his SS units there to capture it. I'm not sure about the flooding stuff there I didn't quite get it. So then those SS built this Uboot's dock with the kitchen and everything so they could come and go during thier expeditions... bla bla stuff goes on and they all get killed by the spaniards. And being zombies/demons, They don't need to eat during thier life time because.. they're zombies... What have they thought you in school ? anyway, Stuff goes on and Nathan discoveres there's a treasure and you know the rest..

The "spaniard" next to francis drake in the photo is a nazi with a spaniard's helmet.

Sorry for my english I'm french

I guess you forgot about the entire South American part of the story. El dorado isn't a Spanish thing. They were the first ones to locate the coffin, though (and probably its worshippers), so they took it to the island. I'm not sure when Francis Drake came into it, but maybe he followed the Spaniards from El Dorado to the island. Anyhow, Francis finds the island and the Spanish colony on it.

Anyway, Francis Drake finds out about the curse and probably has a run in with the Spanish that turned into descendants (not zombies). He destroys the city and eventually dies in the treasure vault.

Years later, the Nazis go searching for El Dorado in South America. They find something that leads them to the island (maybe a map), so they go there, establish a base and find El Dorado. It curses at least one of them (could be more, but I'm going by what we saw projected on the wall). Then the descendants of the Spanish attack them and wipe them out.

I think that's about it. And yes, the guy taking a picture with Francis Drake's body is a nazi.

And the reason the descendants are still around is explained in their name; they descended from the Spanish and Nazis that were cursed. I guess they mate like any other species and eat any wildlife that's present on the island.

About the guy in El Dorado, you should read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado

It's supposed to be a Muisca tribal chief. No mention of a coffin there, but Naughty Dog can make up their own story, so it's never really explained.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 6 of 7 (781 Views)
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Jul 12, 2010
Thanks to both of you.
That really clears it up.
I am going to give both of you kudos.
Really appreciate it.
MGS always explained everything through timelines and charts but uncharted didn't.
Message 7 of 7 (781 Views)
0 Likes