Jan 19 2010
By: brit1 Wastelander 712 posts

New Boosters?

42 replies 77 views Edited Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone else think we need some new and USEFUL boosters. Not like those useless boosters like Hell Blazer, Turtle, and Break-Up. ND could just add them in for the levels that aren't already occupied. Better yet, the boosters would have to be unlocked by doing certain thing like getting a rampant medal, killing 250 people with the M4, or killing a treasure bearer 100 times. Here are a few of my ideas:

Karate King : Increased melee damage.

Cover Crusher : Shoot through breakable objects (at the moment you have to shoot the breakable cover and then shoot at the enemy).

Cross Country : Run at a faster pace.

Fried Chicken : Grenades have larger splash damage.

Magician : Weapons disappear upon death and are transported to respawn location (that way, the enemy can't pick it up).

Master Magician : Respawn with the primary/secondary weapons you had upon your previous death. Fully loaded this booster should be very hard to get.

Acrobatica : Jumping distances increased.

Musclebound : Objects can be throw at a greater distance (treasure, grenades, propane tank).

Silenced Savior : Silenced guns (A better version of walk softly, I think).

Sushi Stash : Respawn with max grenades (booster slot 1 so explosives expert can be used in conjunction).

Cool Down : Less splash damage from nearby grenades.

Humble Hero : Gain 5 seconds of immunity from assists. (could be extremely helpful but would have to be very hard to get).

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 1 of 43 (77 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2545 posts

Re: New Boosters?

Jan 19, 2010
I actually like how the boosters aren't too helpful. The way they are now, the right boosters help if they compliment your play style, but you can still dominate without them. Try doing well in CoD4 without Stopping Power or Juggernaut.
Message 2 of 43 (77 Views)
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jan 19, 2010

brit1 wrote:

Does anyone else think we need some new and USEFUL boosters. Not like those useless boosters like Hell Blazer, Turtle, and Break-Up. ND could just add them in for the levels that aren't already occupied. Better yet, the boosters would have to be unlocked by doing certain thing like getting a rampant medal, killing 250 people with the M4, or killing a treasure bearer 100 times. Here are a few of my ideas:

Karate King : Increased melee damage. That sounds pretty cool 

Cover Crusher : Shoot through breakable objects (at the moment you have to shoot the breakable cover and then shoot at the enemy). That's cool too.

Cross Country : Run at a faster pace. Nice.

Fried Chicken : Grenades have larger splash damage. No. Grenades are already a little cheap. It would suck if they had a larger range

Magician : Weapons disappear upon death and are transported to respawn location (that way, the enemy can't pick it up). That would stink for people who didn't get the Golden Guns. lol, but seriously, that's a good idea.

Master Magician : Respawn with the primary/secondary weapons you had upon your previous death. Fully loaded this booster should be very hard to get. Yes, I agree, but maybe only certain guns. No power weapons.

Acrobatica : Jumping distances increased. Nice

Musclebound : Objects can be throw at a greater distance (treasure, grenades, propane tank). cool

Silenced Savior : Silenced guns (A better version of walk softly, I think). No, Becuase the bullets are hard too see as it is. It'd stink if you couldn't here them.

Sushi Stash : Respawn with max grenades (booster slot 1 so explosives expert can be used in conjunction). That could be good, but you'd have to be a higher level to unlock it.

Cool Down : Less splash damage from nearby grenades. No.

Humble Hero : Gain 5 seconds of immunity from assists. (could be extremely helpful but would have to be very hard to get). Don't know how that could turn out...

All in all, most of those are pretty good.

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 3 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
920 posts

Jan 19, 2010

Are we supposed to post our own?

Badass: Duel Wield Hand Guns

Solid: Button prompt for stealth kills

Interigation: Stealth killing someone briefly reveals where his team mates are (30 seconds approx)

Message Edited by Ennikguy on 01-18-2010 10:11 PM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Ennikguy
Times Cheated out of Rampant: 2
Message 4 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 19, 2010
If anything remove some boosters before adding new ones. None of the boosters should be absolutely mind blowing, like someone else already stated. I'm sick of people using visual awareness on me in elimination mode. It's not right, even if they earned it.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 5 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Jan 19, 2010
I love your ideas, you should work for ND. Probably wont see new boosters til UC3. Looking forward to new levels and skins though. 
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Untamable
Message 6 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1560 posts

Jan 19, 2010

brit1 wrote:

yessssssssssss 

Message 7 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Jan 19, 2010
Well thought out ideas!  Not sure if we need new boosters, it would require beta testing to make sure it's not too imbalanced
Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 8 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 19, 2010

Guzzyo wrote:

brit1 wrote:

yessssssssssss 

Seems dumb/useless to me.  First off, they wouldn't make it completely silenced, because that would just be awkward and look wrong.  Even if they put silencers on the guns so they made the sounds a silenced gun would make, it would still make some form of audible noise, even if it's quiet, which is usually enough for anyone to pinpoint your location.

Also, who determines where they're getting shot at by sound alone?  You look at the extremely bright white streams trailing from the bullets pumping into you, or you look at where the blood stains on your screen are. If you try to discern where they are by sound, you'll be dead by the time you figure it out.  Unless you're thinking about having other people find you while you shoot at people.  In which case, even the silenced noise would probably still give you away.

Some of the suggested ones up there seem cool though, some of them would be very, very bad (starting off with more than one grenade, increased grenade splash damage, respawning with your previous weapons, and loaded at that ).

Message Edited by Mit- on 01-19-2010 12:06 AM
Message 9 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Jan 19, 2010
cool story bro (10char)

Message 10 of 43 (77 Views)
0 Likes