Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 01 2010
By: crXss Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Remember when U2 was fun?

46 replies 344 views Edited Apr 1, 2010

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/strategy-developer-halo-reach/63997

After watching this and having a good laugh, it brought be back to the days of U2 when it played a lot like Halo.  Most of the guns and hit boxes were identical to Bungie's masterpiece and it's a shame they decided to make it like Infinity Ward's masterpiece MW2.

Anyways, if you haven't watched this Bungie vlog get on it! And then imagine, just imagine if this entire 1.05 and beyond nonsense is one gigantic April Fool's Joke by ND.... oh man they would have gotten us all.

P.S. - I think ND should quicken the delay time of the beatdowns in U2.  We're seriously immobile for like 2 seconds after beating someone down, talk about unrealistic lol.  Think about it @EvangM and @Arne.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - crXss
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 47 (344 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Re: Remember when U2 was fun?

Apr 1, 2010

It stopped being fun?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Da-Hedgie wrote:

It stopped being fun?

Yes, on the 15th of February. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 47 (344 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Da-Hedgie wrote:

It stopped being fun?

I mean if you like being spawn killed by me then yea it's fun! btw I love your signature MarvelAlex. It makes me ROFL everytime I see it.

I'm seriously waiting for ND to come out with some sort of April Fool's joke that'll not be unwanted DLC skins...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 47 (344 Views)
Fender Bender
3022 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Except for the bad spawn here and there this game has never lost it's charm. Hell I played it for 3 hours straight today.

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 47 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Apr 1, 2010

crXss wrote:

Da-Hedgie wrote:

It stopped being fun?

I mean if you like being spawn killed by me then yea it's fun! btw I love your signature MarvelAlex. It makes me ROFL everytime I see it.

I'm seriously waiting for ND to come out with some sort of April Fool's joke that'll not be unwanted DLC skins...

Thanks man, I've got a few comments on how it makes people laugh, always a good thing

And at sackperson how can you play with bad spawns. This isn't bashing you or anything but you don't get frustrated while playing it at all? I know that after 1 or 2 matches I'd be out of there, I might just be able to play this game and have just a bit of fun if spawns were fixed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 47 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 1, 2010

sackperson_cool wrote:

Except for the bad spawn here and there this game has never lost it's charm. Hell I played it for 3 hours straight today.

Ok I have to admit, the game is still fun but only in a party. It's impossible to play alone now. And I think you mean "A bad spawn EVERYTIME"... which is a big deal in a MP shooter. They pretty much "pulled an Infinity Ward" (@yourSig) but worse, much worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 47 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Apr 1, 2010

This game never stopped being fun. I have played whenever I have some free time this week (a lot). Let me just say ... no matter how many times I get spawned killed or a weird glitch happens, it's still the best game on PS3 (in my opinion).

People who don't like the new updates need to realize that they're hear to stay and either suck it up and keep playing the "new" Uncharted or leave it be. Posting here over and over, telling people you no longer play but whining about the new updates in every thread is making post people look childish.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 47 (344 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Apr 1, 2010

igniteryan wrote:

This game never stopped being fun. I have played whenever I have some free time this week (a lot). Let me just say ... no matter how many times I get spawned killed or a weird glitch happens, it's still the best game on PS3 (in my opinion).

People who don't like the new updates need to realize that they're hear to stay and either suck it up and keep playing the "new" Uncharted or leave it be. Posting here over and over, telling people you no longer play but whining about the new updates in every thread is making post people look childish.

1) Right... no matter how many times you get killed due to ND screwing the spawns and not making any noticeable changes or people ruining your enjoyment but cheating it's still the best game on PS3...? I know it's an opinion but it's a very odd one

2) It's "here" to stay. 

3) If we don't complain how will ND know they made a bad game. It's not childish, insulting them all the time would be childish and we lose any credibility or formal discussion here. It might be okay if it's minor or they really do deserve it but insulting them is not the way to go. I'm gonna keep voicing my opinion until the game is close to what it once was and ND realise that maybe they made a mistake. Their "excuse" in saying the game was always going to be this way makes me even more angry about it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 47 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Apr 1, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

crXss wrote:

Da-Hedgie wrote:

It stopped being fun?

Thanks man, I've got a few comments on how it makes people laugh, always a good thing

And at sackperson how can you play with bad spawns. This isn't bashing you or anything but you don't get frustrated while playing it at all? I know that after 1 or 2 matches I'd be out of there, I might just be able to play this game and have just a bit of fun if spawns were fixed.

Believe it or not some people laugh when they die, and have fun just running around getting a kill here and there. I, on the other hand, get gamer rage if I'm doing too poorly because I personally don't like going negative in games. I'm kind of jealous of people who aren't as good as me though (Sackperson, I'm not saying you're bad at all - I've played with you once and you're pretty good) but in general... I think those with low K/D ratios and mediocore skills have more fun than good players. I've seen buddies of mine rage quit and yell at the top of their lungs because someone spawned right next to them and killed them.
The guy with mediocore stats doesn't worry about maintaing his K/D ratio, W/L ratio or reputation - he just simply plays the game and has a few beers & laughs with his buddies. Gamer rage stems from the ego in us human beings, something that almost everyone is guilty of unfortunately, and if it's not video games it's women or sports.
I'm currently trying to play more casually on U2 since I don't like how the game's been fueling my ego. I try to laugh or just plain out ignore b u l l **bleep** deaths now and it works somewhat. Just remember, no one's perfect and everyone's different.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 47 (344 Views)