Do you mean 
Sackboy
504 posts

Re: Remember when U2 was fun?

Apr 2, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

crXss wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/strategy-developer-halo-reach/63997

After watching this and having a good laugh, it brought be back to the days of U2 when it played a lot like Halo.  Most of the guns and hit boxes were identical to Bungie's masterpiece and it's a shame they decided to make it like Infinity Ward's masterpiece MW2.

Anyways, if you haven't watched this Bungie vlog get on it! And then imagine, just imagine if this entire 1.05 and beyond nonsense is one gigantic April Fool's Joke by ND.... oh man they would have gotten us all.

P.S. - I think ND should quicken the delay time of the beatdowns in U2.  We're seriously immobile for like 2 seconds after beating someone down, talk about unrealistic lol.  Think about it @EvangM and @Arne.

It's been a long time, but I remember the solid 5 months that UC2 was fun. One of the best MP games I've ever played and I got tons of enjoyment out of it. The perfect blend of skill and pick-up-and-play.

Never call MW2 a masterpiece again, LOL.

If 1.05 and 1.06 were massive April Fool's jokes I'd probably laugh, and then have a heart attack. Gotten us all indeed.

Agreed on the melee's, meleeing someone is just asking to get shot during the lengthy animation.

igniteryan wrote:

This game never stopped being fun. I have played whenever I have some free time this week (a lot). Let me just say ... no matter how many times I get spawned killed or a weird glitch happens, it's still the best game on PS3 (in my opinion).

People who don't like the new updates need to realize that they're hear to stay and either suck it up and keep playing the "new" Uncharted or leave it be. Posting here over and over, telling people you no longer play but whining about the new updates in every thread is making post people look childish.

The game stopped being fun during 1.05, the biggest MP debacle I've ever witnessed. 1.06 wasn't much better. The current spawns are unforgivably bad. Unless you actually like dying, you won't have much fun at all.

In fact, the only enjoyment that comes from playing UC2 now is simply hanging out with friends. But I guess it's wrong to say the enjoyment is coming from UC2, because it's not. It's the company of your friends that is fun. 

UC2 ever since Feb. 15th has been broken, the reasons for this are well known.

We will continue to post our reasons and complaints here as persistently as possible, change is needed badly and the sooner it comes, the better. If you don't like it, simply don't view topics that discuss the update(s). 

The fact that you can somehow enjoy the game with the spawns is baffling, and puts you in the extreme minority of UC2 players. 

Fixed. So few people respond in the forums for this game compared to the daily amount of players, we actually don't know if the majority like or dislike the changes.

Biggamerer
Message 21 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Squirtle101 wrote:

lol, your gamer rage is hilarious, we have to play sometime again.

Hehe it makes it more fun for me, we'll definitely play more sometime.

BIGGamerer wrote:

Fixed. So few people respond in the forums for this game compared to the daily amount of players, we actually don't know if the majority like or dislike the changes.

You don't need every single UC2 player to come on here and confirm it, no one in their right mind can be ok with the spawns. 

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 22 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 2, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

What else should I call it? It's hard not to call a game that's sold more than 20 million with solid 9-10 reviews across the board... At this point it's better to call MW2 a masterpiece rather than Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - crXss
Message 23 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

Apr 2, 2010

already got rick rolled by ign.... not THIS!

Message 24 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Apr 2, 2010

crXss wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

What else should I call it? It's hard not to call a game that's sold more than 20 million with solid 9-10 reviews across the board... At this point it's better to call MW2 a masterpiece rather than Uncharted 2.

Just because it's sold a lot and gotten good reviews doesn't make it a masterpiece. They severely ruined their MP by making the entire focus on killstreak rewards, the sheer number and power of them have dissolved the whole game into camping (so people can attain said KS rewards).

That said, if you understand this ahead of time you can go into MW2 and still have a good time. Just be prepared for how it's gameplay paradigm has shifted.

I'd simply call MW2 "popular".

UC2 has much better reviews than MW2, and sold well too. UC2's story/campaign is vastly superior to MW2's convoluted, hole-filled, excuse for a story (that only lasts 6-8 hours mind you). That said, at least MW2's gameplay has remained the same since launch.

Message 25 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Apr 2, 2010
MW2 is popular but the single player is epic. Not the story but I do love replaying those missions in Washington DC. Story is meh but so is Uncharted 2.
Message 26 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Apr 2, 2010

i still have loads of fun playing U2 i still think is a good game, but tweaks are needed.

Steel fisting is cheap now, FAL is slow, spawns.... well i dont understand, is it anyones fault that right when you spawn someone is in your area and kills you right away.  I just dont see this game fixing the spawns completely, there will always be someone in your area of the map because the maps arent that large.  Its just ridiculus when someone spawns right on you.

This game has ALWAYS had bad spawns, just not to the point of spawning right on each other.  Ice cave has always been crap, same with fort, plaza i never really notice anything because i hardly go over to the hammer side.  Village i hardly have a problem because i dont always run right into spawn areas.

I think having more health can solve the problem more then anything, if you get spawned bad u will still have a fighting chance to either kill the guy or run away.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Apr 2, 2010

i dont see many people complaining about the spawns actually just cuz we on the forum are complaining doesnt mean the other people are....

Photobucket
Message 28 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Apr 2, 2010

That's all you hear in-game, people mad about the spawns.

Message 29 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Apr 2, 2010

i hardly hear it except when i play with people from the forum all i hear is complaints..... I was playing with my buddy yesteday whos pretty great at the game and i told him they need to fix the spawns and he responded ''what for?'' some havnt noticed the difference in the spawns.

Photobucket
Message 30 of 47 (204 Views)
0 Likes