Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Re: Remember when U2 was fun?

Apr 1, 2010
I was in the same boat, I got gamers rage when dying from a bad death. I wasn't a hardcore fan and I did good in a match 95% of the time. I'd yell if someone spawned next to me and killed me.
Message 11 of 47 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Apr 1, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

igniteryan wrote:

This game never stopped being fun. I have played whenever I have some free time this week (a lot). Let me just say ... no matter how many times I get spawned killed or a weird glitch happens, it's still the best game on PS3 (in my opinion).

People who don't like the new updates need to realize that they're hear to stay and either suck it up and keep playing the "new" Uncharted or leave it be. Posting here over and over, telling people you no longer play but whining about the new updates in every thread is making post people look childish.

1) Right... no matter how many times you get killed due to ND screwing the spawns and not making any noticeable changes or people ruining your enjoyment but cheating it's still the best game on PS3...? I know it's an opinion but it's a very odd one

2) It's "here" to stay. 

3) If we don't complain how will ND know they made a bad game. It's not childish, insulting them all the time would be childish and we lose any credibility or formal discussion here. It might be okay if it's minor or they really do deserve it but insulting them is not the way to go. I'm gonna keep voicing my opinion until the game is close to what it once was and ND realise that maybe they made a mistake. Their "excuse" in saying the game was always going to be this way makes me even more angry about it. 

You have the right to voice your opinion, I just hate how every other post in a topic is about how much the new updates suck. -_- It's getting quite old, I think ND gets the point, after all they did say that they read the forums a lot. And these boards will never be "formal" Smiley Tongue
Anyway, again in my opinion, I think ND will/should keep the game the same as it is.  Wether you like the new updates is an opinion, things like the spawning just suck and that's a fact that everyone knows. I think they've already changed it enough, I highly doubt they want to interfere with more people's feelings about the game. (If you get what I'm saying, my mind is kind of blurred right now)
Opinions opinions opinions...
Message 12 of 47 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 1, 2010

igniteryan wrote:

This game never stopped being fun. I have played whenever I have some free time this week (a lot). Let me just say ... no matter how many times I get spawned killed or a weird glitch happens, it's still the best game on PS3 (in my opinion).

People who don't like the new updates need to realize that they're hear to stay and either suck it up and keep playing the "new" Uncharted or leave it be. Posting here over and over, telling people you no longer play but whining about the new updates in every thread is making post people look childish.

I don't get spawn killed, I spawn KILL. I still play too and it is PS3's best game. People only complain because they used to be amazing at it and now are just above average. It's like taking away dribbling from basketball (not this drastic but you get the idea); people who sucked originally will like it and people who now suck will hate it. It's human nature to not take kindly to change anyways.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - crXss
Message 13 of 47 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Acantochelys wrote:

Believe it or not some people laugh when they die, and have fun just running around getting a kill here and there.

I get you Acantochelys, when I die I laugh and get mad sometimes because people who are terrible at the game are able to kill you because of a bad spawn location is just ridiculous lol.  Whenever I kill someone like that I apologize haha.  I'm sure I've said "sorry" to everyone on the Uncharted Forums at least once.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - crXss
Message 14 of 47 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Acantochelys wrote:

MarvelAlex wrote:

crXss wrote:

Da-Hedgie wrote:

It stopped being fun?

I mean if you like being spawn killed by me then yea it's fun! btw I love your signature MarvelAlex. It makes me ROFL everytime I see it.

I'm seriously waiting for ND to come out with some sort of April Fool's joke that'll not be unwanted DLC skins...

Thanks man, I've got a few comments on how it makes people laugh, always a good thing

And at sackperson how can you play with bad spawns. This isn't bashing you or anything but you don't get frustrated while playing it at all? I know that after 1 or 2 matches I'd be out of there, I might just be able to play this game and have just a bit of fun if spawns were fixed.

Believe it or not some people laugh when they die, and have fun just running around getting a kill here and there. I, on the other hand, get gamer rage if I'm doing too poorly because I personally don't like going negative in games. I'm kind of jealous of people who aren't as good as me though (Sackperson, I'm not saying you're bad at all - I've played with you once and you're pretty good) but in general... I think those with low K/D ratios and mediocore skills have more fun than good players. I've seen buddies of mine rage quit and yell at the top of their lungs because someone spawned right next to them and killed them.
The guy with mediocore stats doesn't worry about maintaing his K/D ratio, W/L ratio or reputation - he just simply plays the game and has a few beers & laughs with his buddies. Gamer rage stems from the ego in us human beings, something that almost everyone is guilty of unfortunately, and if it's not video games it's women or sports.
I'm currently trying to play more casually on U2 since I don't like how the game's been fueling my ego. I try to laugh or just plain out ignore b u l l **bleep** deaths now and it works somewhat. Just remember, no one's perfect and everyone's different.

Hah that made me think ... I'm kind of in-between I guess. When I'm just playing with my friends and having a good time, I usually laugh or I'm like "awww" when I fall... but when I'm playing specifically to make money, I get extremely aggrovated at the same guy killing me over and over.

And to the poster above me, I agree also, if he spawns in front of you, it's you or him...

Message 15 of 47 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Apr 2, 2010
I've had to let some things go. The Fury and Tripled medals that were getting common in my later days of 1.04 are almost never seen anymore. And spawn killing can lead to literally unavoidable deaths or sure kills, which hurts the sense of full control and responsibility I remember feeling. My actual K/D has gone up slowly for as long as I remember, but it's going to have to come down someday.

However, what some of you are saying is right. I'm trying to loosen up and not be so bent on meeting a certain standard every single match. But I also can't bring myself to play a match totally casually or lightly either. So I've made a mental compromise: I just want to improve myself. Apart from medals and K/D I want to feel I'm am learning new tactics or improving my skill, ability or knowledge of part of the game. And the game has been a ton of fun for it. So, I will continue to laugh and scream "Spownage!" or "Spowned!" and trying my best to accept that not all of the game is in my control. And the fact that I've only gotten 1 Fury in 1.06 just makes that moment more special.
Message 16 of 47 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 2, 2010

crXss wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/strategy-developer-halo-reach/63997

After watching this and having a good laugh, it brought be back to the days of U2 when it played a lot like Halo.  Most of the guns and hit boxes were identical to Bungie's masterpiece and it's a shame they decided to make it like Infinity Ward's masterpiece MW2.

Anyways, if you haven't watched this Bungie vlog get on it! And then imagine, just imagine if this entire 1.05 and beyond nonsense is one gigantic April Fool's Joke by ND.... oh man they would have gotten us all.

P.S. - I think ND should quicken the delay time of the beatdowns in U2.  We're seriously immobile for like 2 seconds after beating someone down, talk about unrealistic lol.  Think about it @EvangM and @Arne.

It's been a long time, but I remember the solid 5 months that UC2 was fun. One of the best MP games I've ever played and I got tons of enjoyment out of it. The perfect blend of skill and pick-up-and-play.

Never call MW2 a masterpiece again, LOL.

If 1.05 and 1.06 were massive April Fool's jokes I'd probably laugh, and then have a heart attack. Gotten us all indeed.

Agreed on the melee's, meleeing someone is just asking to get shot during the lengthy animation.

igniteryan wrote:

The game stopped being fun during 1.05, the biggest MP debacle I've ever witnessed. 1.06 wasn't much better. The current spawns are unforgivably bad. Unless you actually like dying, you won't have much fun at all.

In fact, the only enjoyment that comes from playing UC2 now is simply hanging out with friends. But I guess it's wrong to say the enjoyment is coming from UC2, because it's not. It's the company of your friends that is fun. 

UC2 ever since Feb. 15th has been broken, the reasons for this are well known.

We will continue to post our reasons and complaints here as persistently as possible, change is needed badly and the sooner it comes, the better. If you don't like it, simply don't view topics that discuss the update(s). 

The fact that you can somehow enjoy the game with the spawns is baffling, and puts you in the extreme minority of UC2 players. 

Message 17 of 47 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Yes it is still fun, even with the bad spawns, but I've noticed some the bad spawns are gone, especially in ice cave and village. Then again Ice cave always had bad spawns even in 1.04 so that will never change as did fort and sanctuary cause I remember clearly getting shot a couple of times when I just spawned. Just find it funny that no one complained about the bad spawns when 1.04 was out.

Message 18 of 47 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Squirtle101 wrote:

Yes it is still fun, even with the bad spawns,

Not really. And like I said, if you are enjoying the game with these spawns then I sincerely worry about you. But each person has their own idea of fun, so congrats if you've found a way to enjoy 1.06 UC2.

but I've noticed some the bad spawns are gone, especially in ice cave and village. Then again Ice cave always had bad spawns even in 1.04 so that will never change as did fort and sanctuary cause I remember clearly getting shot a couple of times when I just spawned. Just find it funny that no one complained about the bad spawns when 1.04 was out.

EXACTLY. Spawns in 1.04 were the holy grail compared to 1.05 and 1.06, it's hard to understand why/how they got so bad.

Message 19 of 47 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 2, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

Squirtle101 wrote:

Yes it is still fun, even with the bad spawns,

Not really. And like I said, if you are enjoying the game with these spawns then I sincerely worry about you. But each person has their own idea of fun, so congrats if you've found a way to enjoy 1.06 UC2.

but I've noticed some the bad spawns are gone, especially in ice cave and village. Then again Ice cave always had bad spawns even in 1.04 so that will never change as did fort and sanctuary cause I remember clearly getting shot a couple of times when I just spawned. Just find it funny that no one complained about the bad spawns when 1.04 was out.

EXACTLY. Spawns in 1.04 were the holy grail compared to 1.05 and 1.06, it's hard to understand why/how they got so bad.

lol, your gamer rage is hilarious, we have to play sometime again.

Message 20 of 47 (322 Views)
0 Likes