I Only Post Everything
839 posts

Re: The Game has Changed, Change with It

Feb 16, 2010

DoctorFrenzy wrote:

Edit: I don't really give a hoot about KDR. I play for fun, not for a number in my signiture to impress people who live miles away from me on a forum. Besides, I screwed up my KDR when I was a noob because I died a whole lot. It's been improving.

Message Edited by DoctorFrenzy on 02-16-2010 12:21 PM

Unless you are using a switched account, like I am.  It's hard for me to take your opinion with any seriousness being only level 25.  I'm assuming you are newer the UC2 franchise so it might be "easier" for you to adapt.  Where as for myself, I'm level 55 (decent player) and most likely have a better overview of all the changes that have made and how it affects the overall game play.
I don't know about you, but I use cover all the time.  I use invalid so using cover is necessary...how else am I suppose to survive with half health against opponents with full health?!?!
Anyways I love your statement about you "dying a whole alot" when you were a noob....ummm don't most people die a whole lot when they are a noob? 

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 21 of 86 (105 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Feb 16, 2010

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

DoctorFrenzy wrote:

Edit: I don't really give a hoot about KDR. I play for fun, not for a number in my signiture to impress people who live miles away from me on a forum. Besides, I screwed up my KDR when I was a noob because I died a whole lot. It's been improving.

Message Edited by DoctorFrenzy on 02-16-2010 12:21 PM

Unless you are using a switched account, like I am.  It's hard for me to take your opinion with any seriousness being only level 25.  I'm assuming you are newer the UC2 franchise so it might be "easier" for you to adapt.  Where as for myself, I'm level 55 (decent player) and most likely have a better overview of all the changes that have made and how it affects the overall game play.
I don't know about you, but I use cover all the time.  I use invalid so using cover is necessary...how else am I suppose to survive with half health against opponents with full health?!?!
Anyways I love your statement about you "dying a whole alot" when you were a noob....ummm don't most people die a whole lot when they are a noob? 

Exactly. kudos. 

@DoctorFrenzy, 
If you have been playing Uncharted 2 since the beta, like some of us. You would understand.
I could see how, if your new to the game, the change would not bother you.
The fact that this game grew on me, as a very original unique game. And then a few months later, got changed into the same thing as every shooter game...... Is what bothers me. 

Message Edited by trumansnare on 02-16-2010 01:17 PM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - trumansnare
Message 22 of 86 (105 Views)
Sackboy
516 posts

Feb 16, 2010

mike100377 wrote:
The change has just completely leveled the playing field.  Now anyone can do good at it.  Yesterday I was playing and a level 1 finished 21-10.  Unless that was someone who had their levels erased and had to start over, I've never seen a level 1 do that good lol. 

Thing is a level 1 shouldn't do that good. They need to suck and get owned so they improve.

Now they'll think they're already good and will never improve. Why should they if they're getting so much kills?

So yet, the playing field is leveled but also skilless.

---

Watch your back...Because that's where I'll spawn. Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 86 (105 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Why would I adapt to an inferior version of U2?

Answer me.

Message 24 of 86 (105 Views)
Sackboy
452 posts

Feb 16, 2010

GekkeKip_Be wrote:

Why would I adapt to an inferior version of U2?

Answer me.

Insta-Kudos.

Message 25 of 86 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 16, 2010
The new update is so cheap. Before the update it felt good when killed a lot, now its routine finishing 60-28. Boring as hell.
Message 26 of 86 (105 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Feb 16, 2010

DoctorFrenzy wrote:

I just would like to make a thread stating that I believe this change is for the better. This change seems to be better in the long run.

I've seen lots of BAWWWing and complaints about this, but really there is one thing people should know. Changing your tactics. Some tactics that work in pre-1.05 will not work in post-1.05. You have to play more strategically and not be out in the open as much. For me, it makes the game more fun to be more tactical and not run out with the shotgun and kill everyone.

So, bottom line, the game changes, change with it. ND is a smart company, they know what they are doing.

Exactly. Kudos. I knew when I read the title of this thread, that I'd completely agree with you, Frenzy. The game has changed, so we need to change with it. Granted, some (if not most) of the tactics or strategies that we use will still work wonders for us, we may need to adjust a few things.

You really can't run out in the open anymore, which makes it more realistic. Why would you go running out into the middle of an open area when you know you could be gunned down at any second? Be stealthy, get a ninja medal. Do whatever you can to adjust yourself to these new changes.

Maybe start using a new weapon that you've hardly use before. Trying picking up an M4 or FAL, if you usually run with the shotgun. Practice gunning someone down from a distance. 

Or even start using your Pistol more. It now takes (I've read) only 4 direct shots to kill someone with the pistol. 

It puzzles me as to why everyone seems to "hate" the new changes. Although, it may prove to be more difficult for people just starting out, but you have to learn what to and not to do. Think before you go running out in the middle of the map. 

I think my biggest piece of advice is: be stealthy! An AK will take you down in less than a full clip now.

/end.

Uncharted Rank: XV
Message 27 of 86 (105 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Evster wrote:
It should be its own playlist.  Wouldn't that make everyone happy?  Just like MW2 has regular and hardcore.  Let us choose the type.

But then it'd be too much like MW2! Oh noes! xD

I agree. Seperate playlist makes everyone happy.

Message Edited by Kooichi-kun on 02-16-2010 01:43 PM
Message 28 of 86 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Feb 16, 2010
So what you're saying here is I need to change my style to "noob classic".  Hide behind walls, blindfire anything that comes by and figure out where the sniper gun is on every level.  Yeah I don't think so.  While I think there are some good things in this update, it's insane to change the damage levels of all the weapons to where they currently are.  Imagine how fun this game will be for you when half the level away, you're getting picked off by a guy with a sniper rifle.  One shot and you're done...over and over.  Get two guys on the same team doing this and I can only imagine how long it'll be before you're on here saying ND needs to change it back. 
Message 29 of 86 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Feb 16, 2010
I enjoy the update. It makes your reactions better.
Message 30 of 86 (105 Views)