Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
28902 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 3!!!!!!

Dec 9, 2010
I may need to go change my pants now

LBP2 vs. Uncharted 3. Who wins game of the year?

Message 11 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14049 posts

Dec 9, 2010

eagles1990 wrote:
I may need to go change my pants now

LBP2 vs. Uncharted 3. Who wins game of the year?

That doesn't matter right now. Only the 2010 GOTY matters right now (see my thread on the MVP general board for more on that). However, let's just say that if Uncharted 3 is as good, if not better than Uncharted 2, then Uncharted 3 is likely the early nominee for next year's GOTY. Not sure about LBP2. All I know is that it, Killzone 3, and Twisted metal are early must-have games for next year.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 12 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Dec 9, 2010

I have GTA IV and Resident Evil 5 sitting on my shelf, only half-played because of Uncharted games.  

Now I am going to have to finish my unplayed collection fast because UC3 will literally take about six months out of my gaming life, I know it.  Nothing else will get played at all.  Even now, the teenager always sighs when he has to constantly eject my Uncharted 2 disc to play his Fifa 11.

2011 is looking to be a killer year, though.  I don't mean to compare to the other system (actually, yes, I do) but there's literally two announced exclusive games that look okay on their side.  Here on the PS3, we've got tonnes of games coming.  Uncharted 3 will probably take priority for me, but look at this incomplete list of titles.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Killzone 3

Little Big Planet 2

inFamous 2

The Last Guardian

Rachet and Clank

MotorStorm Apocalypse

Resistance 3

Socom 4

Twisted Metal

Yakuza 4

Heroes on the Move (better title)

Maybe Final Fantasy Vs

Sorcery

Ico Collection

Sly 4

Maybe Starhawk

There's probably some good unannounced games too, and PSN titles are getting better and better. 

And then on the hardware front...

A PS Phone and a PSP2??????

What are Sony trying to do to my finances!?

The games that are in bold are day one purchases for me, and I'll seriously consider buying anything else on that list if the games are good.  I haven't even mentioned multiplatform titles.  

If the PS Phone is good enough and has PSN chat then I'll be buying that.  There's a rumour that the PSP2 will play games that look just as good as early PS3 games... so that's on my shopping list too.  Not to mention the 3DTV that I want to buy for Uncharted 3.

Basically, come Christmas 2011, I will be a much poorer man than I am now.  No vacation next year then   Best start working overtime through Christmas

PityTheFool852

☆ Click to learn about the Japan Relief Fund on PS Store details ☆

Even if you can't donate to the fund yourself, please tell everyone you know on PSN about it, and mention it in your forum signatures :smileyhappy:
Message 13 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Dec 10, 2010

im so happy to see uncharted 3. i cant wait until we see the game play.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - ghyttgh
Message 14 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Dec 10, 2010

I'm really excited as is everyone else! I love that it's taking the desert theme, I think I'm going to watch Sahara today now (great Uncharted-like film set in, yeah, the Sahara) 

One question though. Sony sent out that invite saying "PS3 Reveal December 12th, day after VGA." Well, now it can't be Uncharted 3 because that's already revealed. And it can't be Uncharted 3 gameplay because that's being revealed on some late night show Monday December 13th. What more does Sony have instore for us then?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 15 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Dec 10, 2010

Sweet. Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 are at the top of my list now (and Twisted Metal it turns out anything like TM: Black).

Message 16 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Dec 10, 2010
Right when i was getting bored of gaming this has ignited that spark to play again!!! This is the greatest gaming news ever!!!
Quote I Live By : "I trust everyone, Its the Devil in them I don't trust" Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - FantomZer0
Message 17 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2050 posts

Dec 10, 2010
...Oh my.

Okay, where to begin?

I actually have a little trepidation with the sand - that is, with the oppressively brown locale. Drake's Fortune, lush greenery with the best, most stunning water to date. Among Thieves, the most beautiful snow to this date (among other things). And while I'm still marveling at the technical and artistic job done in the screenshots (IGN also has two panned out landscape shots that look incredible), it's so much sand! Of course, I expect some different locales peppered throughout (for whatever reasons the narrative carries - "...you’ll be taken to spectacular new locations around the globe...") and then a more beautiful (and diversely colored) environment when the destination is discovered. Still, sand is a bold way to go and I'm sure Naughty Dog will put any minute nervousness to rest.

The title, as of now, is okay. That's about it, just okay. Among Thieves was brilliant, Drake's Fortune was serviceable (playing second fiddle to the franchise moniker). This one, we'll see. It might have to grow on me. I do love the alliteration, though!

Does Drake's face seem...different? Maybe it's just the one close-up screenshot (the fact that he's a bit grizzled, obviously in a pickle, and squinting). He looks pretty hunky in the other shots, though! Still, I can't wait to see the trademark smirk.

I will not be buying a 3DTV.

Interesting that they're choosing to play on the Sully/Drake relationship. Could be very interesting (Oh, and does anyone see the "Last Crusade" motif with that? Hah!). Up until now, Sully has been a great character, but not a deep one. They could really work wonders there and make Sully even more memorable (he's already got a great VA, is perfectly written, is perfectly acted, etc). Of course, interesting to wonder where Elena is in all of this. Oh, and "But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force Drake to confront his deepest fears." Fantastic!

Among Thieves' multiplayer is also probably the only online multiplayer I have played during the last year (sparingly, still. I also took Red Dead Redemption online once or twice), so I also don't mind them looking at that feature and integrating some of the cinematic quality of the campaign into those modes. I don't play online much, but I really loved Among Thieves' online component.

Oh, Naughty Dog! Why do you continue to spoil me so? And how do you maintain such remarkable consistent excellence?

I literally feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I have a stupid grin on my face (and I'm in public!).

EDIT: Completely forgot, what about the aforementioned new game reveal? I haven't publicly weighed on that news thus far, but when it was made known, I immediately thought "new IP" as opposed to sequels and other titles that people have been so feverishly discussing on every related post I've seen on this forum... Still haven't resolved why my mind seems to have been the only one to jump instantly to that conclusion.

EDIT2: The little teaser trailer was also phenomenal, gave me goosebumps! The score looks to be as good (or better) than the first two!

Spoony Bard

Message 18 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Dec 10, 2010

I really need to finally play/beat Uncharted 2 before this comes out.

Message 19 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5586 posts

Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, I can't wait. I'm gonna try and get that and Little Big Planet next year.

Photobucket
I've done the math and discovered I was never part of the equation.
Message 20 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes