Highlighted
Survivor
2750 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 : Ancient Gods

Feb 8, 2010

CHUMA_09 wrote:

OK

Someone also said that Uncharted was based on Explorers...(True,Very true) 

Marco Polo

Sir Francis Drake

and now whos next?

IBN BATTUTA, ABU ABDULLAH
Abu Abdullah Muhammad Ibn Battuta (1303-1365), was a Moroccan explorer who traveled through Africa, the Middle East, and parts of the Far East. A Muslim, he set off on a Hajj (a pilgrimage to the holy town of Mecca) from Tangier, Africa, in 1325 and traveled for almost three decades, covering over 75,000 miles (120,700 km) by boat and over land. He did sail his own boat, but was a passenger on many trading boats. In India, Buttuta was appointed a Magistrate of Delhi (1334-1341). He also traveled to China, Sri Lanka, Sumatra, and much of Africa. Buttuta later recorded his adventures in a popular book, "Travels (Rihala) of Ibn Battuta." He died in Fez, Morocco, in 1365. 

DIAS, BARTOLOMEU

Bartolomeu Dias (1457-1500) was a great Portuguese navigator and explorer who explored Africa's coast. In 1488, Dias led the first European expedition to sail around Africa's Cape of Good Hope, leaving Tagus, Portugal in 1487. This breakthrough of circumnavigating the Cape of Good Hope opened up lucrative trading routes from Europe to Asia. Dias may have originally called the southern tip of Africa the "Cape of Storms"; it was later renamed the Cape of Good Hope. On a later expedition (in 1500, with with Pedro Álvares Cabral), Dias sailed near South America on the way to Africa, and spotted land at Espírito Santo in Brazil, calling it the "Land of the True Cross." Although they thought it to be an island, Dias was still among the first Europeans to see Brazil. Dias died during this expedition; he was lost at sea near the Cape of Good Hope in 1500.

Both would be good choices, for Ibn Battuta you have that he went so many places and was non-european.  He walked or sail throught so much of Africa, Middle East and South East Asia that there is a fantastic amount to tell.  As for Dias, what did he mean by "Land of the True Cross"?  Was he really lost at sea?  

Then again...I'd go with Lewis & Clark.  Well known explorers, but people don't REALLY know much about that two year trip.  The mystery can come from why Jefferson needed Lewis & Clark to go look at something we already bought.  Maybe Jefferson thought Napoleon Bonaparte was selling cheap because Bonaparte already got what he needed...  There is a lot you could make from that journey if the game starts with the idea of missing chapters to the journey.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face" - George Orwell

"A word and a blow -- And the blow first!" - Scottish Reiver Saying
Message 211 of 318 (170 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 10, 2010
I think they should have it some place that has a lot of myths surrounding it that it can be based off of, like Greece or Rome if they do that they should have this level where drake has to fight off a bunch of bad guys in the colosseum I just hope they make an uncharted 10 or something 
Message 212 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Peru!

The hidden treasures of the Incas. That would be perfect! Info...

http://www.rediscovermachupicchu.com/inca-treasures.htm

Not to mention, Peru is absolutely beautiful. Every type of climate is there. They could incorporate the amazon river/jungle, the mountains, the ocean, the desert.  

Photobucket
Message 213 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 10, 2010
that would be pretty cool, i think uncharted 3 should be in europe ! that would be really cool to
Message 214 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Feb 10, 2010
Yea Europe would be great, my favorite level was definetly Urban Warfare because i was so drawn to the whole city environment. Perhaps Drake could go to some famous monuments, running through the streets of Paris, climbing Big Ben, having fights on top of those Double Decker buses. I don't want a "National Treasure" to happen where ridiculous and impossible events occur such as there being an underground labryinth rich with treasure under the Mount Rushmore.
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 215 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 10, 2010

how about an uncharted where he tracks a famous treasure that has supposedly mystical powers of making you into a sort of god, and the treasure was lost in charlemagnes journey to counquer europe

i would love the next game to go through europe who else would like that? 

Message 216 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Well, since Nate lives in Florida (check Uncharted: Drake's Trail), it would be nice to explore a bit of his apartment and surrounding locations. Y'know, doing stuff any other human would do. Until of course something comes up and you travel to different locations, etc and then that's when the story really takes off.

I'd also like the game to be a bit longer. (I don't mind waiting longer either.)

Message 217 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 10, 2010
HOW ABOUT IN EUROPEAN RUINS? UNCHARTED 3: THE UNDERWORLD
Message 218 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Feb 10, 2010

Uncharted 3: Drake and Easter Island

Message 219 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Feb 11, 2010

baseballfan10345 wrote:
I think they should have it some place that has a lot of myths surrounding it that it can be based off of, like Greece or Rome if they do that they should have this level where drake has to fight off a bunch of bad guys in the colosseum I just hope they make an uncharted 10 or something 

They have tons of Myths in Egypt. Ethiopia, Peru. Antarctica and the Americas as well..

Im just tired of seeing Europe...its getting boring...(how many times are we going to see London and Rome and Paris...Uncharted takes players to exotic locations..IN "UNCHARTED" territory...

Roman and Greek Mythology and history has been OVERDONE...TO DEATH

(God of War)

(Clash of the Titans...they even remade it -__-)

(Gladiator)

(300...)

I could go on and on....(but im getting bored juss thinking about em all

Focus on other areas of the world

Africa, South America, Asia...(Western History and mythology has been beaten to death)

Plus many people can learn some new things about other parts of the world and other (non western) cultures 

Message Edited by CHUMA_09 on 02-11-2010 02:33 PM
Message 220 of 318 (170 Views)
0 Likes