Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

Unlockable Co-op Difficulty In U4

7 replies 583 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I've had  discussion with my Co-op peers on our Facebook page

(feel free to join us here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/UnchartedCoopCommunity/ 

I think it would be cool if AFTER completing campaign on Crushing mode we would unlock a Co-op difficulty wich would be twice as difficult WHEN played with another player but reverts back to standard co-op when your buddy leaves.

This co-op difficulty would be given as a CHOICE for us to play and will NOT gain or lose you anything if you chose or chose not to play it. i.e...

You will NOT get any cash, any medals, any trophies. You will simply play for fun, there wont even be a kill counter, just a simpe "ching" sound to confirm your kill or a drum roll sound when your buddy kills an enemy. Nothing else would change.

This mode will only be for people who just want to do some campaign with their friends.

Not ALL chaoters would be available though. For e.g if U4 had 30 chapters and 5 of those chapters were Drakes solo missions, then those 5 solo missions will NOT be available for this co-op dfficulty.

Like I said, it should be a drop in, drop out system. When a player(s) drops out then the checkpoint will restart with the remaining player(s) and the difficulty will be reverted back to crushing.

There should be 3 levels of crushing.

Extreme Crushing if there are 3 players

Hardcore Crushing if there are 2 players

and Standard Crushing if there is one player

Each chapter should be selectable and playable in any order at any time.

Message 1 of 8 (583 Views)
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Unlockable Co-op Difficulty In U4

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013
i would love to see the campaign able to be played cooperatively with friends, and the difficulty thing is a cool idea too, kudos to you and your FB group!
Message 2 of 8 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Hopefully for Co-op Adv as well. Make the stories flexible so that it works even with one player only, or players that leave get replaced by a campaign-like AI.

Also Co-op Adv lives are not shared by the whole team. Make it like UC2 Co-op but with varying respawn times and lives,
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 8 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Also if possible, a co-op sidestory with just minor characters.

I mean, imagine that. Three policemen (played by people) go investigate the UC3 bar brawl after Nate abd company leaves. Smiley Happy
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 8 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7289 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I think an interesting thing would be to have the views of other characters when Drake isn't around. And have their sides of the story be told through co-op. For example from UC3 we could've had a co-op level in Syria with Chloe and Cutter while Drake and Sully were in France. Basically any moment in the game where Drake isn't could be put into a co-op setting for extra fun.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 8 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Apr 17, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I think an interesting thing would be to have the views of other characters when Drake isn't around. And have their sides of the story be told through co-op. For example from UC3 we could've had a co-op level in Syria with Chloe and Cutter while Drake and Sully were in France. Basically any moment in the game where Drake isn't could be put into a co-op setting for extra fun.

This sounds great and so does the idea in the OP. But knowing ND, they are just brilliant co-op ideas they will never use Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Unlockable Wetsuit Elena in U4. Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 8 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I'm always against campaign coop, no multiplayer in my singleplayer please...

Message 8 of 8 (488 Views)
0 Likes