Sackboy
461 posts

Re: Here is why they're calling it Unit 13

Nov 25, 2011

kingGILLEY wrote:

Of course they didn't call it socom 4, the name is currently in the mud. I'm just worried that the socom name is done entirely.

Im not a GAMER im a SOCOMER. Gamers play games, I play SOCOM.

Put it this way.  If they had intentions or even had anything on paper in developement, they would have announced it.   There is no reason not to, there is no reason to keep it secret.   Face it, socom is done and it ended with Socom 3/CA.  Although, Confrontation was as close as we'll ever get for the next gen.  Time to move on I suppose.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3228 posts

Nov 25, 2011

Isn't this Zippers 13th game? Seriously, not digging for info so if anyone has the time search it, I'm pretty sure it's their 13th game...

Twitter: @SOCOMPre
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
829 posts

Nov 26, 2011

GoRanniGoRanni wrote:

how do you not get banned for consistantly trolling? This is just a ridicolous post.

S4 more like S/Snoore US navy squeelers.

Because no one moderates this forum anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Nov 26, 2011

DC3893 wrote:

GoRanniGoRanni wrote:

how do you not get banned for consistantly trolling? This is just a ridicolous post.

S4 more like S/Snoore US navy squeelers.

Because no one moderates this forum anymore.

Yes we do. These comments are not constructive nor on topic so let's stay on topic please.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
829 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Well, it is general... and this is the general forum.

So, generally speaking... I'd say it falls under generalality.

If anything, this entire thread is invalid... since it's about Unit 13 and not SOCOM 4. Therefore proving that no one really moderates these forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12798 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Bo-Sox_SUX wrote:

kingGILLEY wrote:

Of course they didn't call it socom 4, the name is currently in the mud. I'm just worried that the socom name is done entirely.

Put it this way.  If they had intentions or even had anything on paper in developement, they would have announced it.   There is no reason not to, there is no reason to keep it secret.   Face it, socom is done and it ended with Socom 3/CA.  Although, Confrontation was as close as we'll ever get for the next gen.  Time to move on I suppose.

To expect the announcement of a new socom only 7 months after the release of the last socom in ludicrous.  So I dont even bother to ask about when the next socom is coming out it.  Im not sure why people ask thinking they are goin to get an answer. Of course they are not considered a new one yet, because this one was supposed to last longer.  They had other games, Unit 13 (aka Socom 4 fire team bravo whatever), in mind so they will finish those first and then they will consider the production of a new socom.  So in the mean time we should promote a new socom as hard as we can and just wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Nov 26, 2011

yes indeed indeed,

socom living legend
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Nov 26, 2011

kingGILLEY wrote:

Bo-Sox_SUX wrote:

kingGILLEY wrote:

To expect the announcement of a new socom only 7 months after the release of the last socom in ludicrous.  So I dont even bother to ask about when the next socom is coming out it.  Im not sure why people ask thinking they are goin to get an answer. Of course they are not considered a new one yet, because this one was supposed to last longer.  They had other games, Unit 13 (aka Socom 4 fire team bravo whatever), in mind so they will finish those first and then they will consider the production of a new socom.  So in the mean time we should promote a new socom as hard as we can and just wait.

kingGILLEY, it's not unheard of.  The CoD and MW series have been doing it for years, announcing the new product 6 months after release of it's previous versions.  If Sony/zipper/slant 6 or whoever had any intentions of releasing another socom series, i'm sure it would be announced.  Especially now, seeing as how their pride and joy S4 is a complete flop.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

Nov 26, 2011

So, they're calling it Unit 13 cause they know it's gonna be a trash game?

Not a good way to stay in business.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 26, 2011

SunavaGun82 wrote:

Because they learned their lesson with Socom 4. to Socom going in this direction.

Third person shooters rarely capture any sort of casual crowd

1- zipper NOT learned their lesson yet lol

2-i agree here.. sad but only fps capture the casual mass...

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (12 Views)
0 Likes