Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 18 2012
By: sereg74 First Son 2 posts

Coming back to UT

5 replies 435 views Edited Mar 18, 2012

Hey guys,

It very quiet here which is a shame... Anyway I just bought this game 2 days ago in a Gamestop for a fiver. I used to play UT99 back in the day (great times) and then 2k4. I stopped playing shooters when a friend got me onto WoW for a while which ate up all my game time but I quit after Cata came out.

When I seen UT3 for the PS3 I just had to buy it (I have a mac now & UT3 wasn't released on them). It was only afterwards I realized mods were available for the PS3 version - which is ****ing amazing, equally amazing is that its not as popular as it should be.

Just thought I'd pop in & say Hi and hope to see you all in game, I take it its a very small community so feel free to hit me up with a friend invite.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (435 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Coming back to UT

Mar 18, 2012

Did the mods install? I've tried installing addons, but it didn't seem to download or have any effect.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 18, 2012

Yes they did. Although one or two of them were freezing my PS3 but I just deleted them & all was fine.

My character is Mr Crow & all is working well. I'm loving the mod map thats based on Facing Worlds: http://www.ut3mod.com/search/label/CTF-FacingWorlds2

I'm downloading them on my laptop & installing via a USB stick, I found downloading on the PS3 was too slow.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

May 9, 2012

Welcome back!

Be sure to check www.ut3mod.com or if your using the PS3 Browser www.ut3mod.com/?m=1 for new mods. BTW all of our mods are cooked with the latest PC Patch so if you any old PS3 cooks it's best to delete them and re-install the newer cooks.

Downloading from the PS3 Browser might be a bit slower but I've never noticed a big difference but it could depend on a number of factors like connection speed and type.  Also all the mods on the in-game Mod Browser are updated as well and is still the easiest way to download multiple mods w/o exiting the game...if your fine with just the ones listed.

BTW for news and updates be sure to visit http://www.facebook.com/UT3MODCOM or if your using the PS3 Browser http://m.facebook.com/UT3MODCOM

Editor @ UT3MOD.COM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 12, 2012

UT3 is probably one of the better games this gen. Just fired it up again today. I just play against the bots but i love turning the sensitivity all the way up,plus low gravity,and freakout "or whatever its called to speed everything up?"..:smileyhappy:..makes it crazy..its to bad that more games arent as open to mods,m/k ect as UT3..really the black sheep this gen.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 30, 2012

add me ID: perrarinaMutante

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)
0 Likes