Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sep 15 2011
By: IORI666 Hekseville Citizen 309 posts
Offline

.

10 replies 476 views Edited Sep 15, 2011

.

Message 11 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
1127 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007
it does i too have a bravia.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/28/2007
Offline
779 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007
yeah it will display on 1080p, like alot of the games

... it looks sweet doesnt it
Message 2 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 10/08/2003
Offline
2875 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007
I used to force 1080p with mine too until I realized it was causing jerkiness with my mouse.  If you use KB/M it's better to leave it at 720p
Cable Internet | Wired | 30mbps/5mbps | Time Warner Cable | Netgear WNDR3700v3 |
Message 3 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/09/2006
Offline
4184 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007


poodoo wrote:
I used to force 1080p with mine too until I realized it was causing jerkiness with my mouse. If you use KB/M it's better to leave it at 720p



how would the resolution of a tv set affect the keyboard/mouse??? I don't understand...
Photobucket

Message 4 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
321 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007
Hi,
I am a total noob with regards to the PS3. I am considering getting one so I'm doing some research.
I am excited to see UT3 is available on the PS3 as I'm a huge UT2004 fan(PC only, online gaming) and this would be my 1st foray into a console.  However, I am used to a keyboard/mouse. Can a regular keyboard/mouse be used with a PS3(Particularly for UT3)?  Does it work as well as on a PC?
Do the games on a PS3(or 2) generally work well with a KB/M or are they really designed to work with the provided controller?
 
Thanks!


Message Edited by shane1v on 12-23-2007 09:13 PM
PS3 80 Gig- UT3(keybrd/mouse), Rock Band, GTA4, Warhawk, MotorStorm

My ID is "shane1v" Add me
Message 5 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/15/2007
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007


shane1v wrote:
Hi,
I am a total noob with regards to the PS3. I am considering getting one so I'm doing some research.
I am excited to see UT3 is available on the PS3 as I'm a huge UT2004 fan(PC only, online gaming) and this would be my 1st foray into a console.  However, I am used to a keyboard/mouse. Can a regular keyboard/mouse be used with a PS3(Particularly for UT3)?  Does it work as well as on a PC?
Do the games on a PS3(or 2) generally work well with a KB/M or are they really designed to work with the provided controller?
 
Thanks!


Message Edited by shane1v on 12-23-2007 09:13 PM

The only game so far that supports Keyboard/Mouse combo is Unreal Tournament 3, for now. Any USB Mouse/Keboard should work for UT3, and they work pretty well IMO.
My PSN: IIAzNPiN0YII
Message 6 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 10/08/2003
Offline
2875 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007


dcy4WAR wrote:


poodoo wrote:
I used to force 1080p with mine too until I realized it was causing jerkiness with my mouse. If you use KB/M it's better to leave it at 720p



how would the resolution of a tv set affect the keyboard/mouse??? I don't understand...

I'll try to explain in words.  When you force 1080p on a 720p game, it's stretching all the pixels to fit the new resolution.  It's really just 720p stretched to 1080p, it's not actually rendering the game in 1920x1080.  Your mouse movement in its native resolution is moving between these pixels and it's coded to move that way.  When you stretch those pixels, your mouse becomes more clunky trying to get from one stretched out square pixel to the other.  If this makes no sense, that's ok because it's a hard thing to explain without visual aids.
Cable Internet | Wired | 30mbps/5mbps | Time Warner Cable | Netgear WNDR3700v3 |
Message 7 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/11/2005
Offline
677 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007
unreal on 1080p!? does it look better, or does it look worse because its 720p stretched?
POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!? IT CAN'T BE! IT JUST CAN'T!
Message 8 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/23/2007
Offline
144 posts
 

Re: UT3 on 1080p

Dec 24, 2007


ARMY_HAWK wrote:
unreal on 1080p!? does it look better, or does it look worse because its 720p stretched?



i was wondering the same thing. should i keep the game on 720p?
Message 9 of 11 (476 Views)
0 Likes