Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 09 2011
By: killswitch911 Lombax Warrior 211 posts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Video Review

3 replies 579 views Edited Nov 9, 2011

Read the Full Review: http://playstationedge.com/ps3/modern-warfare-3-review/

You come to on a stretcher somewhere in India being rushed to a doctor as you bleed out. You find that you have flash backs of the past games. Suddenly you are in New York as Delta Force soldier known as “Frost” and are taking out a communications jammer. Saving New York only leads into our old characters again, and Soap is in trouble. So there continues the story of the Modern Warfare series.

Watch the Video Version

The Modern Warfare series started back with Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. From then the series has blossomed into the best-selling franchise in gaming history. With the release of Modern Warfare 2, it is said that the game took on a whole new look. Now with the release of Modern Warfare 3, the franchise is coming around full circle to tie all of its lose ends by bringing back our loved characters such as Captain Price and Soap.

While I was mowing my way through armies of enemies I took real notice to the depth they put into the graphics on this game. They add the minor details such as scratches on your guns barrel, to the major ones such as building. Though the games graphics do have a few flaws such as, how the ground look 2-Dimensional and how the players faces still lack in detail that they had in Modern Warfare 2. But altogether it won’t turn me away from such an amazing game, and the flaws are things you won’t see unless you look for them like I had.

Blasting your way through this game you might notice, as I have, how the sounds are absolutely amazing. When you shoot a suppressed weapon you can hear the pop of the bullet or when shooting a pistol you can hear the slide of the gun opening and closing. There is only one problem I have found with the sound that is extremely minor and may only be for my audio, I have found that some of the voices are distorted in the campaign. Through thick and the very small thin, this audio is probably the absolute best I’ve heard.

Sliding down a hillside avoiding debris is one of the many new add ins for the Modern Warfare series. You as always have the luxury of heading straight into battle, or you can take the silent but deadly approach. You get the selection of guns from Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, such as the L118 sniper rifle (L196) and the UMP 45.With the games few changes in weaponry it is pretty much Modern Warfare 2 all over again. Altogether, this gameplay is absolutely phenomenal.

Joining up with a group of friends to conquer the world is one of the features this game has with its multiplayer function. There are a few different modes for this multiplayer which are; Default multiplayer, Spec Ops, and Survival. In multiplayer you use the ranking system like in Modern Warfare 2. There is a new feature called Call of Duty Elite, which you must pay for, in this feature you can make clans, watch film, and get expert Intel on the game. The maps on this game are very similar to Modern Warfare 2, with pretty much the same layout. This games multiplayer is very much a rehash. Also with the new game mode, Survival, you will fight through waves of soldiers by yourself or with friends. In a way this is like Treyarch’s Nazi Zombies. It is a very interesting game type in which they instill a whole new essence of Spec Ops. With this I believe Infinity Ward has well out done themselves and I enjoy it very much.

As I have said this games graphics are amazing and help tie in with its even more extraordinary sound. The gameplay for single player shows that Infinity Ward “Dressed to Impress.” As for the multiplayer, there is nothing to be said.

Final Score: 9.2 out of 10

Read the Full Review: http://playstationedge.com/ps3/modern-warfare-3-review/

Message 1 of 4 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8970 posts

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Video Review

Nov 9, 2011

This is what I heard:

"With the games few changes in weaponry it is pretty much Modern Warfare 2 all over again."

"The maps on this game are very similar to Modern Warfare 2, with pretty much the same layout. This games multiplayer is very much a rehash."

"ground look 2-Dimensional and how the players faces still lack in detail that they had in Modern Warfare 2"

My main complaint of MW2 was that is was exactly like MW1.

Your best compliment of MW3 is that it is exactly like MW2.  (And the sound)

In the end this is exactly what i thought MW3 would be like and i appreiciate you not covering this fact up.

The people who play COD dont want it to change and thats fine, but I like my sequels to add something special and look and feel updated.

Good review.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 2 of 4 (579 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5949 posts

Dec 29, 2011

I think it looks too much like mw2, the campaign is nothing spectacular, survival mode is good but nothing groundbreaking. The multiplayer is just a tweaked version of mw2.

My score:6/10, a big budget title like this can't even add any dedicated servers.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 3 of 4 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 7, 2012

Good review!

Message 4 of 4 (579 Views)
0 Likes