Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Warhawk 2 for PS4

Apr 8, 2013
A second warhawk similar to the first warhawk would be a big success. Star hawk wasn't awful but differs too much from warhawk. Starhawk to me is just another game, warhawk has been my favorite game. I'm not even much of a game but I spend all my gamin time in warhawk. I love it. And many do. The community is still strong. Check YouTube.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 81 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 8, 2013
and wut about us who prefer sh over wh? sure I would buy wh2.. but i would miss bnb and sum other stuff D:
PlayStation MVP
47333 posts

Apr 8, 2013

silents0lid098 wrote:
and wut about us who prefer sh over wh? sure I would buy wh2.. but i would miss bnb and sum other stuff D:

I like both games a lot for different reasons.

They need BNB in any hawk 2 game, the RTS part is epic fun. 

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 81 (436 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8106 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

silents0lid098 wrote:

I like both games a lot for different reasons.

They need BNB in any hawk 2 game, the RTS part is epic fun. 

How about to extend the BnB a bit they include the ability to create tunnels?

Basically underground structures you could link passages between.

Whole new class of miners could be born, it would always be infantry vs infantry underground, no hawks allowed!

Except it would be cool if hawks had bunker busters and could explode small areas underground, to make it tough the red dots underground would change periodically and not in real time.  Like an update to the positions of underground troops once every 30 secs, and only if they fired a weapon within that 30secs.

Also if they let us build walls in any configuration then place roofs and build on top of that level we could have some really awesome castle matches.

BnB has so much potential, we need to see some of it!!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 81 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Just merge the games together in the next patch DUH!
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 81 (419 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47333 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
Just merge the games together in the next patch DUH!

Sounds good,

Also Philly, tunnel rats would annoy me but I like the way you are thinking!

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 81 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 9, 2013
I have to say that whilst I prefer warhawks aesthetics to those of starhawk, gameplaywise BnB is essential to the games success. all the hawkers who say that a warhawk 2 would be a huge success if it were just like warhawk 1 are forgetting that the original warhawk had nothing in the way of competition. Now any sequel is going almost head to head with the battlefield series, and any edge or unique feature needs to be latched onto and expanded on if the game is to gain a player base. personnally, I recon a more colourfull version of warhawks aesthetics is best as they really felt more fun and cheerful then the gritty starhawk environments of desert, rock, rock in desert, rock in desert with acid... really felt bland and uninteresting whereas warhawks environments felt lived in, like they had a purpose other then just being a battlefield at one point in their lives.
for BnB, this time use modular structures (essentially allow all structures to 'snap' together, both vertically and horizontally, more like building blocks than the current unstackable, disjointed units)to allow players to actually build bases as opposed to one of each vehicle spawner then a whole bunch of turrets
plus, an updated ground game is essential to get the player base growing. for instance, better aiming system as opposed to this impossible-to-figure-out-without-help snap aim thing we have now. the ability to roll and dive into cover or just out the way of oncoming traffic. more unique weapons would help make the community fell like they were still hardcore (i.e. a shotgun which will have little range but a wide spread, or can be charged for long range but a short spread and anything in between) weapons like these are distinct to the game, easy to learn, hard to master and generally superior to the generic guns we currently have (except maybe the sniper, that's pretty unique)
maybe allowing players to properly customize their characters appearance using a facial editor similar to those found in western RPG's, and in addition too the uniforms unlocked through leveling they could have like mini asignments to unlock more unique customisations like, say, score x sniper headshots in a game to earn a sniper helmet or x sniper kills in total to earn a jacket. similar asignments for each weapon, high KDR's, vehicles, objective points earned etc...
graphics wise going style over substance is important, having stylized environments which take less proccessing power could allow for a slight increase in player cap which would always be welcome. to be honest, if you look back to warhawk the character models hold up welll today due to their stylized appearance, they could definately benefit from a more fluid animation set though.
vehicle wise, I think most vehicles have reached their potential now, though the jeep could benefit from more weapon options (up for 50 cal., left for lock on rocket, right for mortar maybe?) thha tank shouldn't get stuck on random terrain like it does now and the hawk should be split into a faster light armoured vehicle that can go hover/flight and a slower heavy armoured vehicle that can go flight/mech as this helps solve the air issue (two weaker hawks are easier to deal with as a ground troop plus stronger ships would easily pick off weaker ones if the weaker ones don't deal with them, essentially base raping would be cut down because there'd be little breathing room for the pilots due to the increase in air activity) as well as helping to keep both hawk communities happy
lastly, I feel releasing the game as a semi free to play game will help sales immensly. giving all players access to one mode (not ctf, something more distinctly hawky like zones) on, say all large sized maps without the ability to change skill, earn levels or xp or save any progress, then charge a small amount like £2-£4 for access to leveling up and skills, access to small or medium maps, and each additional mode or alternately pay a one off fee of £20-£30 for all content (it'd have to be cheaper then buying individually) and the uniqeness and fun of the gameplay should sell itself. if the game was like singstar whereby everyone has it right on their menu everytime they boot the system up then the game would likely be a multi million seller.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 81 (401 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Genius^

I hope the next hawk game has everything on that list!
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 81 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8106 posts

Apr 10, 2013

silents0lid098 wrote:
and wut about us who prefer sh over wh? D:

Those evil few shall be hung by the neck until dead.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 81 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 10, 2013

actually gameplay wise, I'd have to give it to starhawk. BnB just brought a whole new depth to shooters and frankly, warhawks ground game just doesn't hold up well today. not only that, but it seems to me like br is much less common in starhawk though maybe I've just gotten lucky with the servers I play. That said, warhawks aesthetics and sense of scale are unparalleled by anything in starhawk so I'd definately be on board with warhawk 2 over starhawk 2 should either be made, provided of course that some elements of starhawk carry through to the new game. to be honest though, a sequel to either hawk is fairly unlikely what with both halves of the dev team for warhawk being hit by layoffs and focusing on casual/mobile gaming. it does seem like lightbox would be interested in returning to the franchise though, given more employees obviously. 

DISCLAIMER

I did not play warhawk until at least 4 years after launch, so my opinion will likely differ to those of you who played in 'the glory days' of that particular game, I recognise that my opinion holds no more credance then anyone elses and hope you'll see this also.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 81 (372 Views)