Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

Re: Warhawk 2 for PS4

Apr 10, 2013

Smudge228 wrote:

I recognise that my opinion holds no more credance then anyone elses and hope you'll see this also.

I disagree!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 81 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 11, 2013
PAHAHAHA that actually made me laugh ^
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 81 (469 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46830 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Smudge228 wrote:

actually gameplay wise, I'd have to give it to starhawk. BnB just brought a whole new depth to shooters and frankly, warhawks ground game just doesn't hold up well today. not only that, but it seems to me like br is much less common in starhawk though maybe I've just gotten lucky with the servers I play. That said, warhawks aesthetics and sense of scale are unparalleled by anything in starhawk so I'd definately be on board with warhawk 2 over starhawk 2 should either be made, provided of course that some elements of starhawk carry through to the new game. to be honest though, a sequel to either hawk is fairly unlikely what with both halves of the dev team for warhawk being hit by layoffs and focusing on casual/mobile gaming. it does seem like lightbox would be interested in returning to the franchise though, given more employees obviously. 

DISCLAIMER

I did not play warhawk until at least 4 years after launch, so my opinion will likely differ to those of you who played in 'the glory days' of that particular game, I recognise that my opinion holds no more credance then anyone elses and hope you'll see this also.

Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.  I'd almost be willing to argue it is more valid because at least you provide the reasoning behind your opinions :smileywink:.

I was a "Glory Days" Warhawker who got it the week the game came out and played it all the way past the general rank when the A2A requirement was still 10,000 kills.    I actually liked your posts in here, even kudosed a few :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 81 (463 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Come on we need warhawk 2 on the ps4, All these fans are waiting for it please?

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 81 (389 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46830 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Warlockboy42 wrote:

Come on we need warhawk 2 on the ps4, All these fans are waiting for it please?

Just Hawk2, not warhawk not starhawk just HAWK! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 81 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5632 posts

Jul 31, 2013

I would actually rather they let it die.  I was excited for Starhawk but upon release, I'd honestly rather get kidnapped and tortured by terrorists than play that game for one second.  After that fail, I have a new perspective.  It's more my personal reality than cynicism.  Most of you are seeing through a glass, darkly.  But that's fine because that's your reality.  It's not the same as mine.

I just have no confidence that they can make a sequel to rival Warhawk, and furthermore,  it's impossible to create the experience of Warhawk in late 2008.  That was a moment in time, that won't happen again.  You can put the best bands in the world on some stages in a field, but it won't be another Woodstock.  It will just be something trying to be Woodstock.  That of course doesn't imply it will be disappointing to those involved, however it would probably be disappointing to anyone who was also at Woodstock, and was hoping for this event to be as good or better.  

Can they make a game that rivals Warhawk today (like as it stands right now)?  Yes.  Can they make a game that is better than Starhawk? Big Rig on PC is better than Starhawk.  Should they include 5 million turrets that can fly and randomly explode into a fury of nightengales?  Go for it.  It won't be as good as Warhawk, and it can't be worse than their last miserable attempt.

In conclusion, I played in 2008, so I am no longer setting myself up for that disappointment.  Of course they probably will try to do something to continue the series, and it will be horrible, and I will choose to remain oblivious to the whole catastrophe.  To those of you who wish to subject yourself to months of teenage and pathetic adult nerd spam that influence a project until it ultimately culminates in a vomit inducing horror show, God speed and happy posting.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 81 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Aug 7, 2013
^This. All of this.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 81 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 13, 2013

I think it's going to be tricky to create a better WH game.  There is so much they nailed the first go around that will be difficult to improve.  The ease of gettting in, the ease of killing, the fun factor... I hate the backwards spinning though, and have probably peaked on my flying, and will go months without touching the game now.  

I think Starhawk is a brilliant game that received the worst possible marketing, as a WH sequel.  It ain't that.  It takes way too long to get going, it's annoying to get the juice to build stuff, and the planes are too dumbed down.  If it had come out before WH, it would have likely been more successful.  

I'd love to see a sequel, but the right sequel needs to retain the araade qualities, ease of getting in, the freedom of flight controls, and the teamwork elements.

I think this might be my first post in 2+ years ... feeling a little crickety :-)

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 81 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 13, 2013

starhawk is not a fail. just cuz yall warhawkers suck at it dont mean its a bad game. I just started playing warhawk and its nothing compare to starhawk. There are so many things wrong with warhawk, but its still a fun game to play while drunk since its so easy to kill.

In starhawk you need skills plain and simple, none of that auto aim you have in warhawk. NOOBS!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 81 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46830 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Starhawk kind of has auto aim, well snap aim which removes the skill of aiming anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 81 (166 Views)
0 Likes