Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2011
By: joshp18 Uncharted Territory 1644 posts

Finally got back into Warhawk and...

19 replies 43 views Edited Jan 3, 2011

It's really nice to be back. I even got to see a few familiar names in the official and player ranked servers. Makes me remember the good ol' days. For some reason this game really meant a lot to me (no homo...or whatever type of affiliation it would be if you were attracted to a video game). It was the first real online game I played, and getting involved with a clan and having regular people you played with was a blast. And the community was awesome. Those were some really fun times.

Now, the community isn't completely dead, it's just not how it used to be. But regardless, it's awesome playing again. It's still fun. There's something about Warhawk that is just so different from other games and really makes it a ton of fun to play, and play, and play.

BUT...the one thing that DOES bother be now...

Why does every freaking server that everyone's in always have to be CTF? Where's the zones love people? I mean...CTF is ok...but half the people play it like it's TDM. I need my zones fix!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Finally got back into Warhawk and...

Jan 3, 2011

hit me up on psn (: maybe we could start up an official server for zones with a couple friends.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2623 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I'm here Josh!!! I actually played WH for the first time in 10 months myself yesterday lol, and the only server going was indeed CTF. I think its only a dream that we'll ever be able to get a ZNS server running again...

Edit: UK-ZNS is at 22 players at the moment

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Hey lady_y! Long time no see! And yeah, I actually DID see a US zones server running the other day, but ever since then it's been CTF everywhere. We should get a zones server going here soon though. I love me some zones. lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Agreed, everyone always thinks CTF is the way to fast points, but that is only true if you get the flag, now zones is a great way to rank up, have multiple agenda's, and some intense battles.  Get some ranked Zone rooms up and i will be there. 

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I mostly play CTF - but love Zones - I just can't find any servers usually.  Makes sense to me Zones would be the better way to rank up than CTF....

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Well I'm gonna just start joining zones rooms even if they aren't full yet and hopefully some of you good folks will make it happen

I can't stand playing CTF on huge maps. I can take small maps because everything is just way more focused. But half the people give up even TRYING to capture the flag on huge maps and it just turns into TDM.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jan 3, 2011

+1 to map size.  Archipelego is the only 'lg' map I'll play for that reason.  Mid-sized to small are nice - small small maps are reallllly (close corridors)  tough and teamkills tend to be high simply for because the sheer volume of people in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Yeah, large maps are great for Zones and even tend to be enjoyable for TDM, and basically every game mode that isn't CTF. lol. But for some reason, big maps and CTF put together have always left a bad taste in my mouth. It seems like everything is just really cluttered. For example, people don't know what to do and then no one will even attempt to get the flag because no one is giving them any support which makes it impossible to return a flag. I just feel like CTF on large maps is intended for clan-play. When you have some great teamwork it can be a blast but put me on a random team of people playing and only watching out for themselves and I'm outta there.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Jetpacks. They'll also screw up a CTF game.  I like them for getting from point a. to point b in a hurry (boost while on the ground) and for getting to weird sniper locations, but the problem I've found is everyone gets focused on fancy jetpack maneuvering and forget all about the flag.  The game then devolves into TDM.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (43 Views)
0 Likes