Fender Bender
4486 posts

Re: TheGoatAss is ONLINE (aka Dylan Jobe)

Sep 25, 2009

TheGoat808 wrote:
lol wow, I remember seeing thegoatass, in the movie that came with the disc, didnt know it was Dylan, we share something in comon I guess LOL

LOL dylan is your arse, who'd have thought?

Message 50 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
971 posts

Sep 25, 2009

TheGoatAss wrote:

Hey Everyone!

i know everyone is asking for an update on our next game and while I would love to give details, I really can't give you any info. And for good reason. I always hate it when info about a game gets out too early, before things are solid and proven. This go around, we are really spending A LOT of time in pre-production to nail everything down before we announce a single thing. I now it may seem odd but trust me, its way better this way.

For example, we are putting A LOT of effort in community support, tournaments and clans for our next game. We've got a big brainstorming session scheduled in 2 weeks to spec out those features for production.

And...you know the team and I are big into supporting our fans so this is my open request to all of you to help us outline our community features for our next game.

We want to see all your recommendations, suggestions, etc for clan, tournament and community features.

This is your chance to have a voice on what we develop. Seems kinda common sense to me.... get comunity ideas from our community :-) 

So let em rip! 

And I'll need to talk to the modarators and see if I can get this post floated (or a new post). Now that I'm not part of SONY internal I'm not sure if I can but I'll see.

That's it for now -- talk to you soon and I can't wait to see all of your ideas, Our Game Design Lead Josh and Network Programming Lead Jim are watching this thread!

Rock on! 

Dylan, Josh, & Jim,

Let me formally express my interest in working with you folks on any stats sites you want to see happen for the next game. Dylan has my contact information and I would love to do a "myhawk" site for the next game.

Photobucket
Message 51 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2709 posts

Sep 25, 2009

drownedphoniex wrote:

TheGoatAss wrote:

Hey Everyone!

i know everyone is asking for an update on our next game and while I would love to give details, I really can't give you any info. And for good reason. I always hate it when info about a game gets out too early, before things are solid and proven. This go around, we are really spending A LOT of time in pre-production to nail everything down before we announce a single thing. I now it may seem odd but trust me, its way better this way.

For example, we are putting A LOT of effort in community support, tournaments and clans for our next game. We've got a big brainstorming session scheduled in 2 weeks to spec out those features for production.

And...you know the team and I are big into supporting our fans so this is my open request to all of you to help us outline our community features for our next game.

We want to see all your recommendations, suggestions, etc for clan, tournament and community features.

This is your chance to have a voice on what we develop. Seems kinda common sense to me.... get comunity ideas from our community :-) 

So let em rip! 

And I'll need to talk to the modarators and see if I can get this post floated (or a new post). Now that I'm not part of SONY internal I'm not sure if I can but I'll see.

That's it for now -- talk to you soon and I can't wait to see all of your ideas, Our Game Design Lead Josh and Network Programming Lead Jim are watching this thread!

Rock on! 

1.  The game needs a clan ladder like KZ2. 

2.  Night and day versions of each map.

3.  More players per match (ie, not 32 like now, but maybe 64)

4.  Offline bots mode.

5.  Veteran reward for those with Warhawk.

6.  Flashback map pack with Warhawk maps.

7.  Just announce Starhawk already.  

Agree with all except for 3. More than 32 players would be chaos IMO

Photobucket
Message 52 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Re: TheGoatAss is ONLINE (aka Dylan Jobe) *UPDATED*

Sep 25, 2009
Force the balance of games with some formula other than stats and rank whether the community is aware of it or not. Make some kind of tactical guide or thorough tutorial. Make easy controlled messages to teammates watching spam and reducing the need for disorderly mic conduct while keeping in mind those users who dont have or wish to use their mics. If the game is going to be rated teen make it so or make it rated M to discourage unnacceptable characters.
Message 53 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Sep 25, 2009

Good to see he is around, he scan see what we always complain about and take the best game in the wold, and turn it into the chuck norris of gaming.

its going to be a round house kick to the ps3 when it comes out. 

"If you're not good at something, you're worthless.
You can quote me on that."
-McIngles
Message 54 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Sep 25, 2009

Just saying...

Message 55 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2732 posts

Sep 25, 2009

TheJollyRancher wrote:

drownedphoniex wrote:
1.  The game needs a clan ladder like KZ2. 

2.  Night and day versions of each map.

3.  More players per match (ie, not 32 like now, but maybe 64)

4.  Offline bots mode.

5.  Veteran reward for those with Warhawk.

6.  Flashback map pack with Warhawk maps.

7.  Just announce Starhawk already.  

Agree with all except for 3. More than 32 players would be chaos IMO

Then make them different for each map (64 for the whole Archipelago, 24 for Close Corridors)

drownedphoniex
Message 56 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Sep 25, 2009

myhawk is great!!! take sugar up on his offer.  is there any way to see medals and badges online as well?

Additionally I always thought it would be helpful to have a countdown on the requirements, for example Warhawk Pistol, 823/1000. Like in TF2 when they have achievements each one counts down as you do it through the kill string. (might be cluttered I know, but would be cool feature)

jonesey666
Message 57 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2776 posts

Sep 25, 2009
We could start by getting a functional, updating clan page...more customizations...FCOL
Photobucket
Message 58 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
647 posts

Sep 25, 2009

TheGoatAss wrote:

Hey Everyone!

So let em rip! 

Rock on! 

Awesome to see you here finally Dylan.

My recommendations for the next game are..

1. I would be happy if the amount of people to join a room is bigger. Instead of 32 why not 40 or higher?

2. Is there a way to limit the amount of ping in a game because lately, it's a killer!

3. The ability to really fly BACKWARDS!

4. Higher scoring in all modes, CTF, DM etc.

5. More ways to customize your character and vehicles.

6. A 1 vs. 1 map

7. Personal options maps, like for instance, you have the opportunity to choose what weapons you want in game and what you can do without? For example, in warhawk, you can select just LG in a Vs. map and that's all you get in-game.

8. Damn, I'm just happy your posting!

-W

GI
Message 59 of 286 (28 Views)
0 Likes