Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Re: TheGoatAss is ONLINE (aka Dylan Jobe)

Sep 25, 2009

TheGoatAss wrote:

Hey Everyone!

i know everyone is asking for an update on our next game and while I would love to give details, I really can't give you any info. And for good reason. I always hate it when info about a game gets out too early, before things are solid and proven. This go around, we are really spending A LOT of time in pre-production to nail everything down before we announce a single thing. I now it may seem odd but trust me, its way better this way.

For example, we are putting A LOT of effort in community support, tournaments and clans for our next game. We've got a big brainstorming session scheduled in 2 weeks to spec out those features for production.

And...you know the team and I are big into supporting our fans so this is my open request to all of you to help us outline our community features for our next game.

We want to see all your recommendations, suggestions, etc for clan, tournament and community features.

This is your chance to have a voice on what we develop. Seems kinda common sense to me.... get comunity ideas from our community :-) 

So let em rip! 

And I'll need to talk to the modarators and see if I can get this post floated (or a new post). Now that I'm not part of SONY internal I'm not sure if I can but I'll see.

That's it for now -- talk to you soon and I can't wait to see all of your ideas, Our Game Design Lead Josh and Network Programming Lead Jim are watching this thread!

Rock on! 

I know you specifically want recommendations for clan, tournament, and community features, so I will start with those before taking this time to also put in some suggestions for other additions i would like to see in the new game.

My first suggestion in regards to the tournament feature would be that there is an official ladder as well as the option for players to create their own tournements with rules of their own. The official tournament should have ladders for clans with games ranging in size from 4v4 to the maximum number of players a server can hold as well as ladders for 1v1s and 2v2s in both air and ground. Teams in the clan ladder should be limited to players within a common clan, meaning that super teams could not be casually created.

Another big thing i would like to see in the future is a button that would switch the flight mode of the warhawk without having to pause, perhaps making it so that you must hold this button for a period of time so that you do not accidently. It might also be necessary to then add a delay to the switch so that one could not switch to normal as soon as they recieve a missile lock in order to dodge with more ease. This addition would add even more versatility to flying as well as increased adaptability of all pilots.

With flight in mind, I would like to suggest a few things for the balancing of the flight modes. Based on the assumption that Lightbox plans on removing the "backwards flying" aspect of normal flight, I think that it would be fair to allow normal flight to fly past 90 degrees vertically and to also increase the maneuverability of the flight mode. If it is necessary then the dodging ability of the flight mode could also be decreased.

Thanks for posting to update us, and for involving us in the development of the game. I can't wait to hear more about it!

Message 80 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
580 posts

Sep 25, 2009

Wow kinda sorta almost concrete proof that a Warhawk type game is definately on the way is quite exciting after all.

I'll try to keep my contribution brief.

Instead of increasing the number of combatants per game, how about some kind of "limited spectator" feature, where people (on your friend list, for example, or people who request to watch and are allowed to do so by the player in question) can watch a player play from the player's perspective?

I think  this would be useful for intra-clan training/development, or mentoring programs etc.  Rather than going through complicated tutorials for game modes, players could watch and hear what an experienced player is doing and learn that way - I believe a big part of issues with Warhawk come from a large portion of players who simply do not understand the game modes, they understantd how to TDM but that's about it...

So much more but you know, whatever

Message 81 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Re: Dylan Jobe (TheGoatAss) is ONLINE *UPDATED*

Sep 25, 2009
Message Edited by EBB123 on 09-24-2009 06:32 PM

Thanks for the sig Jasonisshort
Message 82 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Re: Dylan Jobe (TheGoatAss) is ONLINE *UPDATED*

Sep 25, 2009

MTshortstuff wrote:

captain_longjohn wrote:

I think in built clan tournments would be good, but possibly do it by region, then you can have finals where regions vs different regions (IE North America vs Europe, Australia & New Zealand vs Asia)

So then what happens when a clan spans multiple continents

That's true, all i know is i live in australia and was not allowed to get a GGL blade because i didn't live in north america, this game is played world wide and the perks should be available for all!

Message 83 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Sep 25, 2009

oh my god, FINALY, Dylan where have you been? i think you missed ALOT of great ideas in the past

well here are my suggestions

KEEP EVERYTHING WARHAWK AND ONLY IMPROVE

all vehicles by default except jet packs

only 1 flight mode and it should be pro flight only with some modifications so its easier to perform manuvers like a normal flight pilot and the screen should be a lil easier to look at and a Radar of some sort to see where enemy planes are.

Dropship should have wepon pickups like a bubble shield or airmines or cluster bombs etc

Keep the customization options please, but only improve on it so i can make my characters helmat a diffrent colour from his jacket and pants/shoes

something like kill streaks except when you get a certain amount of kills with a certain wepon it gets upgraded for example 3 kills with pistol= dual wield pistol or 10 kills with TOW missle = Nuclear missle, and you lose your upgrades after you die

Player cap raised to atleast 40 players

no lag or glitches please

And we dont rly need any new ground wepons because warhawk wepons are pretty solid, but no auto aim please

And thats about it so far as for clans there should be a better clan system that alows clans to have their own Logo and warhawk paint job

and PLEASE NO SINGLE PLAYER, this game is meant to be multiplayer only because i dont want to pay $60 unless bundeled with an official ps3 headset

Hope atleast a couple of my ideas are considered

Proud ModNation Racers Beta Tester
Message 84 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1351 posts

Sep 25, 2009

MTshortstuff wrote:

OMG DYLAN!

Funny stuff.   

Ideas - 

1)  The buddy list could show how many players are on your buddies team and how many they are fighting - that way we could go into games that need our help.

2)  Allow players to "group up" and join a server at once.  Groups would only be allowed to join games in which teams are out numbered.  I.e., You have a group of four; you could join a server that is 12 vs. 16 to even the numbers out.  You could not join a server that is 13 vs. 16.  Groups could balance servers, but would not be allowed to unbalance them.  

The best part about the group system is that there would never be a game where you cannot win.  You could be down a few players, down a few flags, and getting destroyed; then 4 leets come in and help your team to victory.  Maybe even offer a "Turn the tide bonus" to groups that join games that meet certain criteria.    

Message Edited by Na13-31 on 09-24-2009 08:51 PM

BF3 Stats
Message 85 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Sep 25, 2009

DoubleRG wrote:

oh my god, FINALY, Dylan where have you been? i think you missed ALOT of great ideas in the past

only 1 flight mode and it should be pro flight only with some modifications so its easier to perform manuvers like a normal flight pilot and the screen should be a lil easier to look at and a Radar of some sort to see where enemy planes are.

Dropship should have wepon pickups like a bubble shield or airmines or cluster bombs etc

Keep the customization options please, but only improve on it so i can make my characters helmat a diffrent colour from his jacket and pants/shoes

something like kill streaks except when you get a certain amount of kills with a certain wepon it gets upgraded for example 3 kills with pistol= dual wield pistol or 10 kills with TOW missle = Nuclear missle, and you lose your upgrades after you die

And we dont rly need any new ground wepons because warhawk wepons are pretty solid, but no auto aim please

And thats about it so far as for clans there should be a better clan system that alows clans to have their own Logo and warhawk paint job

and PLEASE NO SINGLE PLAYER, this game is meant to be multiplayer only because i dont want to pay $60 unless bundeled with an official ps3 headset

Mind if i summarize your message and add it to my new thread?

"If you're not good at something, you're worthless.
You can quote me on that."
-McIngles
Message 86 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8841 posts

Sep 25, 2009

Ahh soo glad to see you posting again.

In my opinion..

Keep it at 32, with everything going in Warhawk more than 32 could create more lag (unless the servers are even more stable this time around, but I wouldn't know.)

Customizable weapon skins. But you only get to choose one version of each weapon for each rank to make each one more unique. So like, when you rank up you get to choose a skin for one weapon. Pink poka dot RPG or black sniper rifle. :smileytongue: GOlden pistol.

Clan tags: There can't be several clans with the same tag. So there can only be one clan with the tag etc. Sometimes people make clans to mock other clans by making the tag the same, which is something some wouldn't like to deal with.

Night and day would be very cool. Eucadia at night or Omega Dawn in broad daylight would be awesome and very fun to play.

Reduce the "strength" of the ground rifle auto-aim (Don't flame me if you disagree, anyone. lol)

Custom stages. (You can choose what weapons/vehicles you want, etc.) So you could configure a stage so every weapon spawn spawns a sniper rifle, or so every vehicle spawn spawns a 4x4. Adjust weapon spawn times. Unranked servers only.

New stages (DUR) :smileytongue:

Something to maybe consider would maybe be dif grenade types? I don't know how this could work without complicating things.. but if there was a way to implement it while keeping the gme relatively the same, that'd be awesome.

Set a ping limit on servers. (i.e. no ping above 300, etc. Ping fluctuates, so if there was a way to estimate how the server would run with X ping on each player and how much each ping would rise if X happens etc. If the ping would be too high before joining, then the person can't join. If the ping is ok and the person joins but it rises, in maybe 2-3 minutes of it staying over the person would be autokicked? Ping limit can be set off or on.)

If you take the time to read this, thank you.

photo ButteredSconesSig-1.jpg
Want to play League of Legends? Sign up here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index?ref=51b9087ba6e0c793407146
Message 87 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Sep 25, 2009

ya sure go ahead

Verin_one wrote:

DoubleRG wrote:

Message Edited by DoubleRG on 09-24-2009 10:03 PM
Proud ModNation Racers Beta Tester
Message 88 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Sep 25, 2009

DoubleRG wrote:

ya sure go ahead

Verin_one wrote:

DoubleRG wrote:

Message Edited by DoubleRG on 09-24-2009 10:03 PM

I took out impractical/arguable ideas such as pro only. 
and highlighted important ideas. your post was added to the growing wall of text. 

"If you're not good at something, you're worthless.
You can quote me on that."
-McIngles
Message 89 of 286 (29 Views)
0 Likes