Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
81 posts

Re: Notice - White Knight Chronicles

Mar 21, 2013
I just came here to pay my respects to an awesome game. Online play will be missed. Gentlemen please remove your hats and let us all, men, women, and child bow our heads in a moment of silence as we remember the great memories we have had on the Sony Computer Entertainment Online Servers for White......Knight.......Chronicles..................................Thank you.

Get your Portable ID!Never the Less
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 69 (1,213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I will miss this game, it was my first plat, i made a lot of friends on this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 69 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2013

is it only the American servers that are closing or is the Europe servers also closing too

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 69 (989 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Well thats a shame. WKC was / is the best MMO style game to hit any console, ever.
Sadly, Im not suprised, the game is all but dead online, but ......

The powers that be (Devs & Sony) signed this games dead certificate when they decided to withhold the DLC to all but the Japanese market.
Guess they should have released that extra content after all.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 69 (977 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 21, 2013

It was neither the devs NOR sony that made that decision.  It was the dirtbags at D3 that made that decision.  I have an E-mail to attest to that.  

Personally I blame SCEA for never publishing this in the 1st place.  That's when D3 picked it up for a quick buck and screwed all of us by not supporting it for squat.

As stated by someone above, I tip my hat to the developers.  I didn't care for the disk story much, but the game-mechanics and online snagged me for 5k hours and has been by far one of my favorite gaming experiences.

Everyone at D3 that cheated us out of nearly half of what Japan got.... they can burn in hell.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 69 (949 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
4477 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Fleakitten wrote:

Quick question:

The corresponding tweet for this announcement included White Knight Chronicles II but here you say the servers are going offline just for first game. Since D3Publisher published WKC II in North America and not SCEA, does this announcement cover just the first game?

The Official Announcement for WKC2 can be seen on the D3 site: http://www.d3publisher.us/PressDetails.asp?ID=301

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 69 (928 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2013

This sucks....

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 69 (866 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Blarg. I guess I need to get around to finishing and playing this online a bit before it's too late. I put this one off after I got kind of bored with the mechanics and the story in Single Player .... but still .... it's lame when this happens.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 69 (828 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

ElectricImpulse wrote:
its things like this that make the switch to pc gaming all the easier

This is D3 prematurely shutting down the servers when you consider games like Demon's Souls that have publishers that still run servers even when the game literally is dead. Demon's Souls has been dead but it was still running last time I checked in late 2012. WKC2 had dwindled but there was plenty of activity. You can join a quest within 10 minutes to this day. I could handle no DLC, but this is poor support when you consider other games with less activity still running servers. D3 didn't give customers the support they deserve so many WKC2 players will probably not support them after this premature shut down.

Bottom line, D3 shut down WKC2 servers too early. It's not a console thing, it's a publisher thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 69 (801 Views)
Wastelander
730 posts

Mar 22, 2013

i emailed them and i got this back i asked them why 

Thank you for contacting D3Publisher's customer service,

Unfortunately, we do not have any information on what the factors were that contributed to the decision of shutting down the servers. Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and D3Publisher of America all agreed on the decision.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us or visit our website at http://www.d3p.us/ for more information.

Sincerely,
Support Services

its how can you not know its your game that your supposed to run thats like BS. NOT okay, online is not that dead my guild has a full room almost every night. i think they should just say a monthly fee if its about money i know tons of people who would still play it. i litterly shed tears. becuse i have lots of good times with my friends, and random people. and will be sad to loose alot of my friends. its just not possible for everyone to buy a new game to all play togeather. when most games its 4 people max. now i got to see if i can get to GR 30 first and S the higher quests first. PLEASE DONT SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyembarrassed:
Currently Playing:
PSP-Final Fantasy Vi
PS3:White knight chronicles 2, god of war ascention, tomb raider, rockband 2, little big planet 2
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 69 (748 Views)
0 Likes