First Son
9 posts

Re: Notice - White Knight Chronicles

Mar 22, 2013

If you don't like D3Publisher, then you shouldn't be playing anymore Namco Bandai games such as the "Tales of", Pacman, and Soul Calibur series as an act of protest.

The reason is that D3Publisher are a subsidiary of Namco Bandai.

Message 21 of 69 (1,242 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2013

As a loyal White Knight Chronicles series fan, I'm more than appalled at SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ, and D3Publisher for turning their backs on the fans and shutting down the White Knight Chronicles servers.

In light of their thoughless move, White Knight Chronicles fans will pay the price for their decisions including:

1.  No access to Geonet

2.  Lack of access to Geostones and Guild Coins. You need Guild Coins to earn Geostones.

3.  Inability to purchase rare weapons, armour, and items.  In other words, no more Lightwing or True King weapons and armour.

4.  Longer time to raise your guild ranks for both online and off line Guild Quests.

5.  No access to statues for your Georama.

In addition, since White Knight Chronicles 2 is marketed as an online game, but you won't have access to online features after June 18, 2013,  D3Publisher, Sony, and Level-5 didn't learn from the "Video Game Crash of 1983"  mistakes when games have the hype but not the quality or function.

If D3Publisher, Sony, and Level-5 will not reconsider this heartless decision, then I won't likely purchase anymore Namco Bandai games including Soul Calibur or upcoming "Tales of" series games like "Tales of Xillia" as an act of protest.

Keep in mind that Namco Bandai owns D3Publisher.

Message 22 of 69 (1,241 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I'm wondering if anyone has started a letter writing or petition campaign to stop D3Publisher (Namco Bandai), Sony, and Level-5 from shutting down the White Knight Chronicles 2 server?

If they had any smarts at all, they should keep the server running until 2015 when PS3 lifecycle ends.

Message 23 of 69 (1,238 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Mar 22, 2013
There's none that I know of, but I'd gladly sign and pass the word on to other fans if there is one.
Message 24 of 69 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Sony, D3Publisher, and Level-5 should also have a patch to allow players to still earn Geostones, exchange Geostones for rare weapons, armour, and items at their guild, get daily Guild Coins, allow players to purchase statues for their Georama, and earn Guild Coins without a requirement to go online, Zanir9x.

In addition, they should also have licenses for increase Guild Points, item harvests, and experience points without the need to go online.

Even better, Sony or D3Publisher should let another company handle White Knight Chronicles servers such as Atlus or XSeed Games.

Message 25 of 69 (1,235 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Mar 25, 2013
**bleep** YOU SONY
DON'T YOU **bleep** DARE SHUT DOWN EITHER OF THE WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES GAMES OR I WILL SEE TO IT THAT THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK GETS HACKED AGAIN
Message 26 of 69 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Sony needs to pull this stick out of their **bleep**
Message 27 of 69 (1,118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

**bleep** you Sony! Go suck a **bleep** you bunch of **bleep**
Is this how you **bleep** thank everyone who bought the game...
You **bleep** cheat us out of all the download content that Japan got....
**bleep** you Sony! **** You!

Edit: profanity

Message 28 of 69 (1,116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Dont hold back Tsuko, tell us how you really feel  ;-)

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 29 of 69 (1,047 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Tsuko, that's not good representation (although probably accurate) for WKC players. Would you really want to support a customer that acts like you did?

Brozz, lol I loved your comment for once.

It sucks the servers are going down, they should put a warning label on the copies that are being sold now because online was the best part of WKC.

I'm over it and kind of bored of game finally and there's like no online RPGs for PS3 (or consoles in general for that matter). There was like White Knight Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Fallout, Dragon Age, Sacred 2, Dragon's Dogma, DCUO, Free Realms, a few other less common online RPGs for PS3. Hopefully the PS4 gets a better line up in online RPG games because there's like no more out now. (Yes new FFIV will be coming out but that's only one game).

Message 30 of 69 (1,031 Views)
0 Likes