Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2013
By: SSlarg Gaming Beast 2443 posts

White Knight Chronicles I and II servers shutting down

24 replies 838 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/21/white-knight-chronicles-1-and-2-servers-shutting-down-in-june/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/21/sony-shutting-down-white-knight-chronicles-servers

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/21/servers-for-white-knight-chronicles-1-2-shutting-down...

Servers for both White Knight Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles 2 are being taken down on June 18. The WKC2 server shutdown was announced by D3 Publisher, while the WKC1 news came from Sony Computer Entertainment America.

The servers were shared by North American and European players, so while both announcements only specify North America, they likely affect Europe as well. Neither announcement specified reasons for the servers being terminated.

The servers in both of the Level-5 JRPGs allow players to go online and take part in co-operative missions and town-building. North Americans will have had access to WKC2's online play for just over 21 months when the servers close this summer.

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Message 1 of 25 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Re: White Knight Chronicles I and II servers shutting down

Mar 22, 2013

I just heard this a little while ago and am pretty sad about it. It was always fun to go questing with the small group of friends I'd made in that game and I'm going to miss it a lot. For the next 3 months I'm not even going to worry about grinding anymore. I'm just going to have fun questing and chatting, because that's what I think WKC is all about.

Visit my youtube channel. Currently showing Final Fantasy 9.
Message 2 of 25 (817 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
737 posts

Mar 22, 2013

There was a post about this a few days ago in the White Knight Chronicles section.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Message 3 of 25 (795 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3651 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Wow as someone who still has this game in my backlog to play this is real sad to hear. Guess i'll miss out on that part of the game.

Message 4 of 25 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Mar 25, 2013
This is ashame. Wkc has nvr gotten the praise it deserves. Imo this my be the best rpg oc this gen and the online is where u get the bulk of yourfun... To bad ...
Message 5 of 25 (753 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I heard about this :-(  I have this in my backlog still as well and am in the middle of Ni No Kuni right now so no way will I get to it before the servers shut down.  I'm also getting nervous that Atlus will shut down Demons Soul's servers before i can get to it. It is always really sad to hear about servers being shut down and the game you own becoming mostly useless.

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 6 of 25 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 28, 2013

The entire game is a joke! I played the first one when it came out, loved it ( like I do all LVL5 games) got the 2nd the day it came out, only to find out that NO DLC for non JP players (something they could have said BEFORE I spent money), then they give BS reasons as to why and say "I dont know anything about that call "x"" and that goes on till they finally come out with "we never planed for NA/EU to get DLC yet they have to be continued at the end of the main story. Now they close the servers! Like a spit in the face

Message 7 of 25 (699 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Genesis_Otaku88 wrote:

The entire game is a joke! I played the first one when it came out, loved it ( like I do all LVL5 games) got the 2nd the day it came out, only to find out that NO DLC for non JP players (something they could have said BEFORE I spent money), then they give BS reasons as to why and say "I dont know anything about that call "x"" and that goes on till they finally come out with "we never planed for NA/EU to get DLC yet they have to be continued at the end of the main story. Now they close the servers! Like a spit in the face

I've never really found DLC to be much of a draw for most games so mostly ignore it, but I can understand how that would be very frustrating.   It is frustrating when companies aren't upfront about things and beat around the bush.  But at least you played and enjoyed the first game so thats a good memory to hang onto.

I have noticed that a lot of games servers seem to shut down far too soon from a consumer perspective.  A couple of years after a game comes out isn't long at all for servers to be up in the scheme of things.  I wish there was some sort of other alternitive for those of us with backlogs that are behind the curve.  

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 8 of 25 (695 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

Mar 29, 2013

As others have said, I have had WKC and WKC II in my list of games that I need to play so the fact that I will miss out on a big aspect of the games is kind of crappy. I would assume they are shutting down due to something related to finances (isn't that what it always boils down to?). 

Same thing happened with TimeSplitters: Future Perfect online multiplayer, when those servers got shut down... man was that a depressing day. If only all online servers could always be up and running forever regardless of whether 1,000,000 people are online or 100.

Message 9 of 25 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2767 posts

Mar 31, 2013

That sucks, it was the only good part about the game, and thats not saying much, it was also the part where you get the best equipment for your character. Idk if you can play the mission's offline but if you could it would be a pain to play alone, especially those gr12 missions.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 10 of 25 (673 Views)
0 Likes