Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 09 2013
By: capostrophy First Son 8 posts

Why is the White Knight Chronicles 2 server being taken down?

10 replies 11057 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

The WKC2 community deserves an answer as to why their server is being taken down in NA and EU regions on June 18th.

In the first 3 months of 2013, NA has sold more copies of this game than Japan did in the ENTIRE year of 2012.

In total sales JP is only ahead of NA by 12% despite a 14-month head start.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/39363/white-knight-chronicles-ii/

Yet they recieve:

1. Full support - Online messageboards are monitered, harassment claims are followed through and people using modified saves are banned.  

2. A multitude of DLC quests - Japan has recieved 52 quests with corresponding gear and a much higher Level/GR cap than what has been released in NA/EU providing their players with thousands more hours of gameplay.

3. Their servers - There has been no statement or indication that the Japanese server is going to close.  NA however will go down only 21 months after launch.

Meanwhile in NA:

1. No Support - Messageboards are nearly never monitored, reports of harassment are ignored and mods are rampant due to NA/EU never getting the patch blocking re-signed saves.

2. None of the recent quests.  Here's a list from Neoseeker:

And to top it off...

3. The closure of our servers.  This is a smack in the face to us who have spent thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars in DLC and online tickets in order to support this game.

Despite the head-start Japan recieved and the total lack of advertisement by Sony/D3 the rest of the world has outsold WKC2 over Japan only to be shut down early.

D3 HAS to be in breach of contract for the lack of support and not even providing what was published in the official guide.

Having sold 450:1 over Japan this year, there is no excuse that this server should be the one to close.

SCEA and SCEE could patch the game to match Japan, give it out free over PSN and they would STILL make enough money from sales of online tickets and georama DLC to keep this server alive with full support.

Regardless, we deserve an answer as to why our servers are being shut down.  So far nobody has gotten a proper reply from any oficial source.

Over 2 accounts, over $400 total DLC/ticket sales and having spent over 4500 hours in this game I demand an answer as to why we are being shut down.  I should not have to spend another $100 and thousands more hours to start over again on the JP version in order to see this games conclusion and the final gear.

Yours Sincerely, 

Noko(Capostrophy)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (11,057 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18639 posts

Re: Why is the White Knight Chronicles 2 server being taken down?

Apr 9, 2013

I really dislike when this happens. This game came out in 2010 in Japan and 2011 for the rest of the world. Why would they shut down the servers so early. The disrespect to their costumers come in the form of not providing a clear reason as to why they are shutting it down. I rather they be honest and say, we can no longer afford the server maintenance cost or whatever than treating us like petty beings by providing such poor announcement. Heck, the food truck by my job provides more informative, honest service announcement to their costumers.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (11,033 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2013

To put it bluntly, this type of behavior from Sony/D3 Publisher will force me to NOT purchase:

a) PS4

b) Any games created by D3 Publisher

c) Any games created by Level 5

Any request for support for both Sony/D3 Publisher were pathetic at best and fully lacking integrity.

Their usual answers were a poor attempt at appeasment and never resolved any issues encountered with game play, network issues, etc.

Just sayin.....

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (10,961 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I agree.  Geting this kind of treatment from Sony really pushes me towards PC for next gen as oppossed to PS4.

I don't have it out for Level-5 though.  As far as I've heard they've already blacklisted D3 in regards to publishing any future games.

Sony is the actual owner of the franchise though, Level-5 were just comissioned to make the game.

Sony as owner and D3 as publisher make all of the decisions regarding this game on this side of the pond.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (10,940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 10, 2013

TO MODERATOR: Why was this moved here from the Network Support pages?

Our support for this particular network is ending and we want to know why.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (10,936 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Phony is too incompent because they are run by dumb **bleep** who ddon't give a rats **bleep** about their customers, all they care about is money...

Phony Computer Entertainment America, money is great and everything but it's worthless if you won't create any worthwhile games... how about giving us a remake of Legend of Dragoon and also stop with the visual novels are not real games bull **bleep**, I'm supporting Aksys because they are releasing games that are part of one of my favorite anime series, Hakuoki Demon of the Fleeting Blossum
Why don't you back the **bleep** off because you are **bleep** clueless about what you are doing
Sony of Japan.... punish your child company and set them back on the right path please!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (10,928 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Phony, give us more games that Japan is getting, give NA White Knight Chronicles PSP

oh by the way i found a pawn shop that had a ton of brand new psps, i bought them all and guess what, because it wasn't a retail store you didn't make one cent from them HAHAHAHA **bleep** you Phony
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (10,927 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Level-5 has no say on the mater. The decision was solely by D3P and Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (10,843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 14, 2013

So with this  support we receive the want me to buy a PS4? 1rst unlike Japan we don't received a schedule calendar telling us when the quest would be available. We had to guess and wonder for long so many of us left because they felt it was a waste of time.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (10,841 Views)
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

May 27, 2013
No way in hell I'm buying a PS4 at this point......I'm an emotional wreck after hearing of of this......I just want to be able to hop on my Archer and quest with other people. ;_;

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (10,553 Views)
0 Likes