Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 04 2014
By: KID_TITLEIST First Son 12 posts

Controls...

4 replies 99 views Edited Apr 4, 2014

Hey everyone,

I just bought this game today but i'm having a big concern.  Immediately, right at the beginning, the game requires you to hold the controller and shake it as if you're using a spray-paint can.  Then with the motion sensor, you have to aim while pulling the RT to paint.

I'm not saying this looking for someone to have pity on me or feeling sorry as i'm already kind of embarrassed to tell you all, but i have cerebral palsy and have no mobility from the neck down.  So holding the controller in my hand is a challenge, as the muscle tension in my hands is very great that i absolutley cannot hold the controller to pull the triggers.  Without going into too much detail, i can still play alot of games.  I rigged my PS3/PS4, and X360 controllers to where i can use them... sort of.  I hot glued window blind hold-down bracket plastic pieces to the triggers so i can reach them.  I then prop my controller up on a small block of wood and the controller is velcroed to the block to prevent it from moving while i play.  It works ok, but it's better than not playing at all.  But like i said, holding a controller like everyone else is impossible for me.  I've been playing video games since '85 with original NES.  And with each new generation of consoles the controllers have advanced but have become more complicated for guys like me.

So my question is this:  How often does this game have you use the motion sensor, and/or shaking the controller?  Does it allow you to turn it off in the options later or am i pretty much screwed?

thank you ladies and gents for any input you may have, and i hope i didn't embarrass y'all too badly lol...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Re: Controls...

Apr 4, 2014

you are in luck because the only time you have to use motion sensor technology is when you do spray paint

everything else in the game is done by buttons and sticks

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (87 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Apr 4, 2014
The game only forces you to do the spray paint once, so you'll be okay to play from then on!
One way of avoiding it though is to also use the PS Vita. Obviously the vita doesn't have that capability and it just completes it without having to do anything!
Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (85 Views)
MVP Support
8124 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2014

XIII---Uk wrote:
The game only forces you to do the spray paint once, so you'll be okay to play from then on!
One way of avoiding it though is to also use the PS Vita. Obviously the vita doesn't have that capability and it just completes it without having to do anything!
Hope this helps!

You still have to hold the Vita sideways and shake it like a can, though.  After that, the game completes the actual stencil art for you.  The triggers (R2/L2) and Analog buttons (R3/L3) are mapped to the touchscreen, as well, so that may present another challenge.

Sadly, though, there are like three or four trophies attached to the stencil art.  Not a problem if you aren't a trophy hunter.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Thank you everyone for replying.  I so greatly appreciate it.  I'll try my best at it again when i get off work later.  We'll see how it goes!  thanks much!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes