Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: [INFO] inFAMOUS: Second Son

Feb 1, 2014
Hope they make another vamp expansion pack
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 247 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11436 posts

Feb 1, 2014
bob and I will wear ours to E3 :smileyhappy:

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 25 of 247 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 1, 2014

Definitely gonna wear the beanie. Why not?

Message 26 of 247 (1,106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Would you suggest Infamous Second Son to some one who didn't like the first Infamous?

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

Just curious. My PS3 came with both Infamous's and I tried the first one for about an hour's worth of gameplay. I found it not really my style honestly, so much so I traded it and the second one towards credit for GTA V.

Now I see a demo for Second Son and it looks really good. I mean could be I'm just dazzled by the good graphics (that and part of me wants it to be something I might like cause it's set in my city).

But I was noticing in some other thread people mentioning they thought all Infamous's pretty much played the same. But I've also heard people claim that I should have given 2 a try cause one wasn't so good and it was 2 that gave it its reputation.

So, if I was bored/unimpressed with one, what chance would I have of liking Second Son (I know it's not out yet but was 2 significantly better than 1)?

--

Meowstro edit: Merged into existing [INFO] thread.

Message 27 of 247 (1,138 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10856 posts

Re: Would you suggest Infamous Second Son to some one who didn't like the first Infamous?

Feb 2, 2014
Would I suggest a game I haven't played before to someone? Why not try asking this after the game is released....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 28 of 247 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Re: Would you suggest Infamous Second Son to some one who didn't like the first Infamous?

Feb 2, 2014

I loved both Infamous games, but would never suggest a game I have not played yet. :smileyhappy:

Message 29 of 247 (1,127 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4775 posts

Infamous 2 vs Infamous Second Son - Wow!

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2014

inFAMOUS: Second Son is right around the corner, with less than two months to go before the release date on March 21st. The series is jumping a generation from PS3 to PS4, so it obviously looks quite a lot better than its predecessor inFAMOUS 2. But just how much better does it look? Is inFAMOUS: Second Son the first real showcase of the generational leap between what’s now old generation and the new one?

The screenshots below, paired to showcase similar elements in both games, give more insight on the answer to that question (in Each pairing inFAMOUS 2 is above and Second Son is below).

inFamous2 (1)inFamousSecondSon (1)

First of all, let’s give a look to the new facial technology boasted by Sucker Punch Productions for inFamous: Second Son.Besides the fact that Cole was as expressive as a wooden log on painkillers on his own, it’s obvious that the improvement here is massive, not only in how “human” the expression looks, but also in the polygon count and the resolution of textures used to design the character.

inFamous2 (3)inFamousSecondSon (3)

This pair of panoramic shots let us spot quite a few differences. First of all the lighting engine in Second Son is much more advanced, making the environment feel a lot more “alive.” Secondly, there’s no comparison between the draw distance. in inFAMOUS: 2 it’s a lot shorter and the depth of field blur becomes very thick much nearer to hide the LOD on textures and polygons.

inFamous2 (4)inFamousSecondSon (4)

While the pair above may seem very different, it helps us gauge very effectively the texture resolution on architectural elements. In inFAMOUS 2 textures are very low in resolution, forcing the use of a rather rough normal map to add more detail. The new game showcases much higher resolution textures and normal maps, with a much more pleasant and realistic effect.

inFamousSecondSon (7)inFamous2 (7)

The same elements visible above are evident in this pair. Again, lighting is much sharper and more lively in Second Son. in addition to that there’s an extremely visible aliasing pretty much everywhere in inFamous 2, while in Second Son, the antialiasing feature does its duty very well to hide jaggies.

inFamous2 (9)inFamousSecondSon (9)

Here we can see more of the difference between the character design in the two games, but also the enormous discrepancy on how lighting affects characters. In Second Son light affects Delsin organically while keeping a dramatic effect. In inFAMOUS 2  the difference between lighted areas and shadows is much more evident and innatural, pointing to a much less advanced lighting engine.

inFamous2 (10)inFamousSecondSon (10)

The shots above give us a nice view on the difference between the particle engines of the two games. In Second Son even in a scene where the particles aren’t the main element, as they’re just a decoration for a flight move, there are many more displayed with additional smoke, resulting in a much richer and visually pleasant effect. The same can be said in the two pairings below.

inFamous2 (11)

inFamousSecondSon (11)

inFamous2 (13)inFamousSecondSon (13)

In the two shots above we can also notice how much more expressive and natural Delsin looks while he fights, while Cole basically just used to open his mouth and frown.

inFamous2 (12)inFamousSecondSon (12)

The particle engine is also partly responsible of rendering explosions, and even here the difference is the same, and very visible. IninFAMOUS 2 explosions were already quite nice, but lacked in volume. In Second Son they’re much richer, thicker and more realistic.

Looking at the screenshots above it’s hard to say that the generational leap between the two games isn’t very visible. Less than three years have passed from the release of inFAMOUS 2, but Second Son definitely is on a completely different graphical level, and the difference between the 720p resolution on PS3 and 1080p on PS4 is just a tip of a very large iceberg.

Many say that the early titles of the new generation didn’t showcase the generational leap between PS3 and PS4 or Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and that’s at least partly a statement I can agree with. In that lightinFamous: Secons Son is probably the first game that really makes us feel like we have landed fully into the 8th generation of console games, at long last.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/03/infamous-second-son-vs-infamous-2-screenshot-comparison-the-l...

--

Meowstro edit: Merged into existing [INFO] thread.

Message 30 of 247 (1,144 Views)
VP of Gaming
29947 posts

Re: Infamous 2 vs Infamous Second Son - Wow!

Feb 3, 2014

it looks slightly better but thats it

i wont be looking at the characters facial expression while fighting bad guys anyway

barely see a difference

Message 31 of 247 (1,123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Feb 3, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i wont be looking at the characters facial expression while fighting bad guys anyway

barely see a difference

So, what you're saying is, you'll be playing the game, regardless of the graphics.  Got it.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 32 of 247 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29947 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

barely see a difference

So, what you're saying is, you'll be playing the game, regardless of the graphics.  Got it.

ill try it

the graphics wont change my mind anyone who looks only at the graphics when choosing a game to play makes no sense even

Message 33 of 247 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes