Apr 03 2014
By: mastorofpuppetz Gaming Beast 2362 posts

Infamous Second son = Disappointment

[ Edited ]
15 replies 2327 views Edited Apr 3, 2014

Yes, the graphics are outstanding, but everything else was a step back. The powers were fun, but this was the shortest open world game i ever played. Where is the story side content? Fetch, Eugene, Hank, betty totally wasted.  Never seen such a beautifull detailed city wasted, Was it a case of being rushed? Still a good game, but in Canada, it's 69.99, wish i waited until it was 29.99, no longer am i buying 70 dollar games for 8-10 hour campaigns. I did all the side content, got all the trophies, cleared all cameras..etc..... Why were there not some side quests with fetch? Eugene instead of the repetitive, mindless ones in teh game?

I assumed with an open world game there woud be more to it.  The black and white in your face morality system is also outdated.

sony has to step it up with the exclusives.

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 16 (2,327 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Re: Infamous Second son = Disappointment

Apr 3, 2014
It's an early title. What of you expect?
Message 2 of 16 (2,314 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

How is that an excuse? Many games within the first 6 months of a consoles life had a lot mroe content, how hard is it to add some side missions? It should have beend elayed then as it's not what should be expected for an open world game in 2014 on PS4. Heck Resistance Fall of man on ps3 could keep you busy for months that was a day 1 game.

Watch dogs is out next month and that is supposed to be a big game with 40+ hours of content. It's in the same launch window.

Message 3 of 16 (2,306 Views)
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I think SS is a good game but I miss the good/evil side quests that are in the first 2 games.

Spoiler
I would also like to see more quests involving Fetch and Eugene.
Message 4 of 16 (2,301 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2943 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Have you played any of the other InFamous games? If so it's not much shorter than any of the other games. If you do the paper trail and Cole's legacy side quests + Platinum the game you're looking at an easy 20+ hours of gameplay. I won't argue the main story itself is relatively short and I'd have loved more missions with Fetch and Eugene, but for a game that comes out shortly after a console launch it's all great.

Message 5 of 16 (2,295 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I too found the game a bit disappointing / lacking. But, it was a great title for new comers to play and maybe get them interested enough to go back and experience the first two.

Like da1writer said, you should check out the "Paper Trail" expansion. It's what's keeping me interested in the game right now. I'll eventually finish my "Evil" playthrough, but I'm finding it difficult to want to play the game a 2nd time, unlike the first two titles.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 7 of 16 (2,282 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13132 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I wrote about my disapointment in the powers in another thread

"I was a little disappointed on the powers side. I only played the original infamous but when you upgraded powers in that game, it would really feel upgraded. Headshots lead to chain explosions, upgrading grenades would allow you to throw cluster grenades, etc. However, in second son most power upgrades just lead to a grand whopping decrease in power usage -_-

Where's the fun in that?"

That and the lacking main story as well as the side missions. Every district its the same thing

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 8 of 16 (2,265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Apr 4, 2014

I actually found power upgrades to be very rewarding. For smoke, you could get some cool things like subdue headshots, rapid fire, etc. For neon, there was an epic slow motion degree in which accuracy was to your advantage. For video, you got like longer invisibility (which was needed), and double air surges. Concrete was really bad tho Smiley Sad But, I do agree inFAMOUS 1 and 2's upgrades to be beter, I found SS's upgrades to be still a lot of fun.

Message 9 of 16 (2,197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 4, 2014

This was my first inFAMOUS game. It did not disappoint...completely. I accepted the fact that it would have low replay value...but I feel like there should have been more side missions besides just clear out the DUP from the districtions. Good story and cool characters, but having one or two main missions with them and then never seeing them post-game is boring and kinda sad. Sucks that you can't replay a specific mission. Would love to replay the last mission. Loved that.

Message 10 of 16 (2,191 Views)
0 Likes