Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2367 posts

Re: Infamous Second son = Disappointment

Apr 4, 2014

I dont think we played the same game. Smoke left you running around or hunting for pipes. Then with neon i was running up walls. Then video I got wings and called angels and deamons into the fight. I didnt like rock but i never used it much.

I also enjoyed the story and character interaction Delsin and his brother and Fetch Eugene reminded me of some kids i knew way back when i was in school While the character didnt get much story they didnt need to the story was about Delsin and his transistion into a conduit. Betty really suprised me when i did the Evil side at the end! I just figured i would get the same cut scene at the end.

Anyway thats just my point of view. We all see things a little diffrent.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Feel Free to look up the Club in game and join us.
Message 11 of 16 (227 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 5, 2014
Personally I loved everything about the game and the Paper trail is really cool. It was relatively quick Platinum but fun the whole time; enough so that I Decided to start the series over from scratch and that's where my frustration begins...I'm almost done with the first game (good karma) and I don't know why I'm still playing cause the controls make me want to punch a wall and the pedestrian AI is flat out retarded. Every time the enemies poor out (and they poor out like a flood) the pedestrians start running right towards the bad guys (right in the middle of the fire fight). On the subject of the never ending flood of enemies; what's with that? Every time I clear an area it says "area cleared, enemies will not return to this are"...BS!

My point to all this: Before you start comparing Infamous SS to the first two titles, you might want to go back and replay the first two titles...Our memories tend to be a little biased over time. Infamous SS was a huge improvement in every possible way.
Message 12 of 16 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2014

I have to agree, I've found Second Son particluarly underwhelming. I loved the first two games, but Second Son is missing the charm that they had. All polish, but no substance. Stunning to look at, but a hollow gaming experience with little sense of reward. When it boils down to it, it just isn't that fun to play. Just grind through the various areas to 100% them and follow the pretty weak storyline missions when the urge takes you. What a shame....

Message 13 of 16 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Apr 7, 2014

i will agree the actual city is smaller than the previous infamous (completed 1,2 and FoB so i know) but than there's far less padded stuff. Although Empire City and New Moreaus seems bigger than SS, there's quite abit of 'cut & paste' environment and tedious travel back and forth. Also, the collecting the blast shards can be a pain in the **bleep** back then due to a lack of proper 'radar' so there's a lot of pointless 'exploration'. I do agree though the main question is abit on the short side and there's certain room for more 'story based' side missions. The currently paper trail DLC is a good distractions (and actually quite innovative in its execution) but more in-game side mission variety with story-bits (especially about the other conduits) will be a plus.

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!

Message 14 of 16 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8624 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Have to agree with a lot of ppl.  SS was just way to short, and too easy (even on expert). Yes i died a lot, most of which was trying to recharge and getting interrupted, or even just running right into a big area of mobs just for the fun of it.

I like the first 2 infamous games.  I like that you had to actually hunt for the blast shards (in SS they might as well had just give them to you).  I like in the first 2 games where you had to do trick shots/stunts.  Also as someone else said when you upgraded a power you actually saw an upgrade to them.

SS was pretty, and i liked Neon power the best, but other then that just seems like so much was left out.  Yeah this paper trail thing is cool, but just feel like so much more could have been done with this game.

Oh and why can Delsin swim?  I understood it with Cole cuz of electritcy and water dont mix, but with Delsin??  come on yo that makes no sense.

I would love of an infamous game to take place in NYC and actually use all 5 boros of the city (manhattan, bronx, brooklyn, queens and staten island) in actual size of the city.  NYC is huge, got a ton of underground subways and above ground too.  There is so much stuff in NYC and the size of it that would make for a great infamous game, plus would be cool to have a game with the new tower in it that nyc built (which they say is the tallest in the nation).

Message 15 of 16 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I'm really really happy with mine so far, have about 8 hours in and haven't finished the story yet.   I am doing my first playthrough on expert and doing all the side stuff at the same time so that could be why its taking more time for me.

Message 16 of 16 (169 Views)
0 Likes