Apr 01 2014
By: Lombax-Ninja Hekseville Citizen 408 posts

This game is insanely difficult.....

27 replies 539 views Edited Apr 1, 2014
This game is difficult. Not like Dark Souls but wow is it close. The bots are lethal and don't give you much of a chance. Anyone else notice that they are making games insanely difficult again?
Message 1 of 28 (539 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Re: This game is insanely difficult.....

Apr 1, 2014

On expert mode, you need to approach multiple-enemy engagements (particularly DUP Mobile Center battles and district showdowns) carefully, because the enemy will endeavor to flank you and WILL get behind you if you are not careful.  One important thing to do in this battles is to keep the entire battlefield in front of you.

The bosses are no joke on expert mode, either.  You just need to slow down, hide as much as you can and pick your shots carefully.

Message 2 of 28 (527 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Go in Guns a'Blazing and you will die.

Learn to hide and snipe, rooftops are the best place. Learn distances for your powers, where to be for best effect, or any effect at all. NEON can be your best friend. 

Or take one enemy out at a time by sneaking around the particular areas, don't shoot anything until you find the one lone enemy.Sneaking up behind them will enable you to execute or subdue via a button prompt. Sneaky version ultimately is a good way to take down a rootop patrol quietly which doesn't alert other rooftop or ground or tower troops that will shred you to pieces.

Alway have a good exit plan. Upgrade those powers and zip away to safety!

Darting in and out of hiding to pick off, mele or target another way works to your benefit.

If you hear the waaa waaaa music starting, get out and hide until you recover. If you are about dead, safe away from bullets flying ----> draining smoke or neon or whatever else will instantly heal you.  (as well as refill your power weapons if they need it. Or change to a new one, etc.)

Message 3 of 28 (525 Views)
Platinum
55402 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Lombax-Ninja wrote:
This game is difficult. Not like Dark Souls but wow is it close. The bots are lethal and don't give you much of a chance. Anyone else notice that they are making games insanely difficult again?

I'm playing on expert as my first playtrhough.  Haven't had too much trouble yet but I am very experienced with shooter games on their hardest level.

My advice, just go slow.  Pick off the easy enemies and low hanging fruit first in all situations, then go for the boss or bigger objective.    Take out all the dup vehicles and cameras before trying the missions too, that will help a TON as there will be less enemies messing with you Smiley Wink.   If you can get the area all cleared out (so you can fasttravel) before doing missions in those areas it also helps.

Message 4 of 28 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Apr 1, 2014

I didn't find Expert to difficult but then again I played as evil on my expert run. Evil has usually been easier in the infamous games. The big difference this time is evil doesnt get any of the healing perks that good gets. I suggest play as a hero and stick and move

Message 5 of 28 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Apr 1, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

On expert mode, you need to approach multiple-enemy engagements (particularly DUP Mobile Center battles and district showdowns) carefully, because the enemy will endeavor to flank you and WILL get behind you if you are not careful.  One important thing to do in this battles is to keep the entire battlefield in front of you.

The bosses are no joke on expert mode, either.  You just need to slow down, hide as much as you can and pick your shots carefully.

Thank you for posting this. I've been stuck for while on the part "Defeat the D.U.P Reinforcements. I was afraid to start a thread asking for help because it seems that most everybody has easily defeated the game and I'm a casual gamer that won't finish this game anytime soon. I didn't want embarass myself by asking. I'm just glad someone said it. This game is quite challenging. I'm on the standard mode. Not expert. 

Message 6 of 28 (483 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Apr 1, 2014
I thought it was fairly challenging on normal as well. I don't play games on expert.
Message 7 of 28 (477 Views)
Gaming Beast
2008 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Specially on Expert, you have to take things slow. Running away is all part of the game and it's so incredibly useful, it's a must. Climb a building and pick off guys from above, it helps a ton.

Message 8 of 28 (471 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Apr 2, 2014

dash, smoke bomb, dash, retreat to vent and fly up, ground smash, missile, retreat, dash...........(repeat when apply).

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!

Message 9 of 28 (449 Views)
MVP Support
11145 posts

Apr 2, 2014
If you get in a jam and run low on smoke energy, hitting a car to drain the ensuing smoke will NOT impact your karma level unless you blow it up with pedestrians within the blast radius.
Message 10 of 28 (433 Views)
0 Likes