Mar 30 2014
By: monkeyman525 Sackboy 480 posts

Trophy Glitch

8 replies 371 views Edited Mar 30, 2014

Hi. I'm trying to get the double smoke stack attack trophy but it doesn't seem to be working. I've done it many times, watched youtube videos of it being done, and did it many more times yet still no trophy. I googled it and some others have had the same problem, but no helpful fixes. Anyone else have this problem or know how to help?

Message 1 of 9 (371 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13410 posts

Re: Trophy Glitch

Mar 31, 2014

Hi,

I just did it repeatedly making sure not to touch the ground and actually got it with the Akuran gang.  Hope that helps.

Z.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Mar 31, 2014

It's a bit hard to get right because sometimes he automatically touches the ground before a dash if you're too close to it, make sure you have double dash and it should help you get there with no problem

Message 3 of 9 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Mar 31, 2014

It only works if you actually land on an enemy, like the Akura gang, or Drug Dealer or DUP.

I practiced vent dashing so that when I found the right situation I knew I could pull it off. The first time I got the dashing right I didn't actually drop on an ememy, so that's the point where many might have trouble, doing it right, but not the right drop on person.

Message 4 of 9 (335 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

It only works if you actually land on an enemy, like the Akura gang, or Drug Dealer or DUP.

I practiced vent dashing so that when I found the right situation I knew I could pull it off. The first time I got the dashing right I didn't actually drop on an ememy, so that's the point where many might have trouble, doing it right, but not the right drop on person.

I was able to obtain this trophy without having Delsin actually land on an enemy. As long as the shock wave from the Comet Drop hits them, it should count.

@OP

I never got this trophy while playing the story, but post game I was able to grab it without much effort. I found a D.U.P. patrol, alerted them, then shot up a vent. While as I was falling, I hit Circle again to shoot back up (off the vent I had come out of) and then quickly moved Delsin mid-air, close to an enemy, before I did the Comet Drop. The shockwave knocked him down and the trophy popped.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 5 of 9 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Apr 8, 2014

HorrorGod wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I was able to obtain this trophy without having Delsin actually land on an enemy. As long as the shock wave from the Comet Drop hits them, it should count.

Uh, I didn't only mean land as in "drop right on top of him" I meant the whole comet drop has to be done with enemies in the area that will be affected by the comet drop.

Message 6 of 9 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
56286 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Uh, I didn't only mean land as in "drop right on top of him" I meant the whole comet drop has to be done with enemies in the area that will be affected by the comet drop.

This is the one trophy I am nervous about, good to see some tips from people.

Message 7 of 9 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Apr 9, 2014
Yeah way easier with gang groups then DUP. Plus u can hit and exit port twice and will count
Message 8 of 9 (271 Views)
Platinum
56286 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Naydog101 wrote:
Yeah way easier with gang groups then DUP. Plus u can hit and exit port twice and will count

Wait so I can go through a port, then almost hit the ground, and go through the same port again and it counts?  Cool Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9 (260 Views)
0 Likes