Apr 01 2014
By: Patchm00 First Son 23 posts

Would Infamous (1) still be fun to play today?

6 replies 283 views Edited Apr 1, 2014

Not played this series (I was an Xbox guy for years) but now have a PS4 and PS3. Wanted to get Infamous Second Son but thinking of playing the first two in the series. This one is kind of old (2007) so wondered if it would seem silly to play now. I just finished the Uncharted series and found the first one of those enjoyable and it was from 2007 as well. 

thanks

Message 1 of 7 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Re: Would Infamous (1) still be fun to play today?

Apr 1, 2014

Worth playing for sure.  It's a good game.  I think Infamous 2 though is much better than the first and almost as good as Second Son.

Message 2 of 7 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 1, 2014

The first two inFAMOUS games are very fun to play. The first one in particular is still very fun, to this date. The second one is also fun as it has a bit more variety. 

Just to let you know, you don't need to play the first two inFAMOUS games as their story wont have much of an impact to the story of Second Son, as what SuckerPunch said.

Message 3 of 7 (266 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Absolutely. The first two are great. The second one has a big graphical leap, and the ending of the first one is just epic. Huge twist.

Message 4 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Apr 2, 2014

i just completed infamous 2 festival of blood before starting 2nd son....and i can say, other that clunkier controls on the ps3 games (and obviously inferior graphics), they are fundamentally the same at its core. The older infamous games is abit hard though as Cole started out really weak (you can die with just a few hits) and u really need to look for all the shards instead of them being pointed out to you in 2nd son.

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!

Message 5 of 7 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Apr 2, 2014

Yes, the game is still fun today. The game mechanics are essentially the same so it will be easy to move from that game into Second Son. inFamous was well known when it released because the controls were fluid and handled well so you will have no problems there.

Message 6 of 7 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Thanks everyone!  I was able to pick them up for $15 (8.50 and 6.50) at gamestop using my powerup account.  I also got 3 "used" PS4 games since they were having a deal on buy 2 used and get 1 free.  I got Second Son (so now i have all 3), Tomb Raider Definitive (since I like the Uncharted like games and was told this was similar) and Assassins Creed Black Flag which I am not really a fan of but it was the only other PS4 used they had at the time.

I feel even though the used new games aren't really that much of a discount at Gamestop, the deals buy 2 get 1 free make it worth it.

Thanks again,

Message 7 of 7 (211 Views)
0 Likes