Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 06 2012
By: HM01_Impaler Uncharted Territory 1582 posts
Accepted Solution

InFamous Collection

9 replies 993 views Edited Aug 6, 2012
Today, an InFamous Collection was announced, along with the God of War Saga Collection. I have never played InFamous before. This collection contains InFamous, InFamous 2, and InFamous: Festival of Blood. Would it be in my best interest to pick up this collection for $39.99 when it is released on the 28th of August?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/06/never-stop-playing-with-playstation-collections/
Message 1 of 10 (993 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Re: InFamous Collection

Aug 7, 2012

For $29.99, it's not the worst deal in the world... although, personally I'm not one to cite Infamous as a must-play experience. Currently Infamous 2 has been free to download on PlayStation Plus. Since the beginning of June, your chance to get in on the action has been calling out, as long as you're a member. Along with a lineup of other giveaways, this is just one means to have saved money on a big title such as this.

Along with many other PlayStation 3 owners, if you happened to be amongst the PlayStation 3 legion last year when the network was hacked there Sony opened up the floodgates for a handful of free games as part of their apology. One of the choices was Infamous, that being the point in which I had the chance to go through the game myself.

Festival of Blood was also on sale for $5 earlier in July. These are just some of the known instances in which if you happen to have been in the same boat or are still able to take advantage of an opportunity, they are out there to save you money. The Infamous series as a whole is okay at best, though. So if you feel like powering up your card to buy the whole collection, as told already it's not a terrible idea.

Message 2 of 10 (987 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Aug 7, 2012
GrayGargoyle, thank you for your input. I will probably buy this collection. I have been interested in the series ever since Cole was announced for PS All-Stars. I played the demo for the original InFamous last night, and I enjoyed it. I may pick up the God of War Saga as well, and I am definitely getting Ratchet & Clank Collection (already have it preordered).
Message 3 of 10 (981 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Glad to help. The God of War set is definitely worth the money if you've never played through the series before - which might not be the case for you. Most people have experienced those games and have been enjoying them for approximately seven years in the PlayStation's lifetime. I know I've just finished playing through the God of War Origins chapters not too long ago.

And next up I also have Ratchet and Clank's collection on order. The first few are the only ones I haven't really explored (at least enough) yet. That and Secret Agent Clank. Given what I've tried of the game's PSP demo a few years back however, it didn't really seem like it was worth breaking out the martini glasses for at the time.

Message 4 of 10 (978 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Aug 8, 2012
I played the first 2 GoW games. I really enjoyed them, yet I still have not played III or the Origins Collection. And the first three Ratchet and Clank games were the best. Although, I loved A Crack in Time as well.
Message 5 of 10 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Update: I got the InFamous Collection, and I love it. I am almost finished with the first game I believe. I regret not getting into this series earlier. Also, the original Ratchet and Clank Trilogy looks great in HD. Nostagia!
Message 6 of 10 (930 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Sep 6, 2012
@GrayGargoyle I thought that was infamous 1 that was free not Infamous 2?

I'd say Infamous series is one of the better sandboxes out there, even "Yahtzee" Croshaw liked Infamous 1 & 2 and that guy hates everything.
Message 7 of 10 (916 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 17, 2013

The games are one of the best Sony exclusives I've ever seen, so it would be a good deal if not for the price. Try out the demo first, then decide if you want infamous.

Message 8 of 10 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Mar 17, 2013
^. Haha dude I made this thread a long time ago. I've already played through the series twice, one on each karma. And I have been done with that since November. Haha.
Message 9 of 10 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I buy Infamos collection 5 days ago, but i have a argentine account, so i waited to redeem but now a cant get festival of blood ¿it will be reuploaded?

Message 10 of 10 (472 Views)
0 Likes