Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 25 2013
By: Striker457 First Son 2 posts

Infamous 2 help

4 replies 170 views Edited May 25, 2013
I've beaten infamous 2 both evil and good which awarded me an additional 15,000 Xp. However, I've completed everything on the evil side yet do not have the necessary xp requirements to purchase all my missing powers! What do I do!?! I. Still like 7000 xp short for my final trophy.
Message 1 of 5 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: Infamous 2 help

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Striker457 wrote:
I've beaten infamous 2 both evil and good which awarded me an additional 15,000 Xp. However, I've completed everything on the evil side yet do not have the necessary xp requirements to purchase all my missing powers! What do I do!?! I. Still like 7000 xp short for my final trophy.

I remember having the same problem, it is a long time ago I had this game platinum, but if I remember well the best way to level up is doing some user generated missions, although I find this missions not to be exciting, there is not much of a choice on what to do else :smileysad:

edit: I just googled some stuff and I noticed that you get less XP when playing on hard difficulty, so if you are playing on hard right now, switch to normal or easy (if you already have the hard difficulty trophy of course), that must give you more XP I think

edit 2: I found this too, may be helpful, good luck! :smileyhappy:

XP Recommendations

Easiest way to get a lot of XP is to find militia on the roof of a building and use the Kinetic Pulse to throw them of the roof. This will result in the following XP for a single enemy:

• Watch your Step=15 XP
  • Enviro kill=10 XP
  • Take Down=5 XP
  • Blast Party=10 XP (need 3 enemies)
  • Result could give you around 100 XP for 3-4 enemies if successful

Another is to complete short and easy UGC created missions and all side missions. Also end of your 2nd playthrough you will receive 15,000 XP.

There is also an infinite XP glitch but to beneficial you must first unlock the powers/upgrades by performing the stunts required. There is only 1 limiting factor to this glitch is that you can only purchase powers/upgrades that are equal or less than the XP that you have available. For example if you have 2000 XP and do the glitch you can only purchase powers that require 2000 XP or less, anything above that you cannot purchase. Here are step by step instructions:

• press  go to User Generated Content
  • go to Create Empty Mission
  • press  and select Play Current Mission
  • after mission starts press  go to Powers
  • buy every power/upgrade that you have unlocked and you will see that it will not be deducted from you total XP earned under Available XP
  • after purchases press  and select Edit Current Mission
  • after that press  again & Exit Mission Designer & press  not to save
  • press  to go to powers/upgrades menu and see that the purchases are still there and no XP has been deducted
Message 2 of 5 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

May 25, 2013

I would also suggest taking to the User Generated Content portion, as there is extra XP given to you online. But if you're not feeling like grinding those out, you could also just run around a lot and perform devastating attacks all over the place, whether there be enemies or innocent folk. You are playing on evil, so it won't matter. Show the world how nasty you can be by setting up whatever dastardly attacks that worm into your brain. And remember to siphon the life out of people, in addition to chaining them to the ground.

Message 3 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 27, 2013
I'm really thankful for your suggestions. It has been really frustrating because there are limited xp options available. However when I do the ugc missions I get very limited xp as well. Looks like I may have a long road ahead of me..
Message 4 of 5 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 27, 2013

Striker457 wrote:
I'm really thankful for your suggestions. It has been really frustrating because there are limited xp options available. However when I do the ugc missions I get very limited xp as well. Looks like I may have a long road ahead of me..

yep, I had the same problem, you can still earn XP, but it takes a while, sadly :smileysad:

Message 5 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes